SummerMadness

Senior Veteran
Mar 8, 2006
✟331,677.00
Faith
Catholic
Cities Ask if It's Time to Defund Police and 'Reimagine' Public Safety
After more than a week of protests against police brutality and unrest that left parts of the city burned, a growing chorus of elected officials, civic leaders and residents in Minneapolis are urging the city to break up the Police Department and reimagine the way policing works.

"We are going to dismantle the Minneapolis Police Department," Jeremiah Ellison, a member of the City Council, said on Twitter this week. "And when we're done, we're not simply gonna glue it back together," he added. "We are going to dramatically rethink how we approach public safety and emergency response."

At least three others, including the City Council president, Lisa Bender, have also called for taking the Police Department apart.

Minneapolis is not the only city asking the question. Across the country, calls to defund, downsize or abolish police departments are gaining new traction after national unrest following the death of George Floyd, a black man who died after a white police officer pressed a knee into his neck for nearly nine minutes on a busy Minneapolis street.

• Informative
Reactions: Hank77

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I look to listen to those in places.. you know in NewYork and LA.. where seen as of late.. they cry out for the protection of the Police. YOU ME going to go protect them

Yes.. every life matters.. like my family.. American Indians. :) .. and all love.. praise GOD He does not see color.. He died for the world. As He did.. I do.. help stand up for anyone everyone.. Thank you Father.. and yes Trump 2020..

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I look to listen to those in places.. you know in NewYork and LA.. where seen as of late.. they cry out for the protection of the Police. YOU ME going to go protect them

Yes.. every life matters.. like my family.. American Indians. :) .. and all love.. praise GOD He does not see color.. He died for the world. As He did.. I do.. help stand up for anyone everyone.. Thank you Father.. and yes Trump 2020..
off topic which tribe . I’m part Cherokee ( and I’m a neverTrumper ;)

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟250,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Let the large cities do what they want, as long as those people living there and are responsible for the mess. As long as they, will stay in their city and not move to where i am.

large cities in the Bible were always home for evil. satan and the influence of evil thrives in large cities.

Upvote 0