The woods and lakes of the Great North
✟60,225.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chris Wallace interviewed outgoing CIA Director John Brennan Sunday. Here is a transcript of a question and response regarding Trump's grasp of international affairs and national security (bolding is mine):

WALLACE: As you have heard, and I don't know if you’re able to say this, but you're five days from leaving office. What do you think of his plan, of his prescriptions, what he saying about these various trouble spots, crises, challenges around the world?

BRENNAN: Well, what I think Mr. Trump has to understand is that this is more than being about him and that it's about the United States and our national security. And he has to make sure that now that he's going to have the opportunity to do something for national security, as opposed to talking and tweeting, he's going to have tremendous responsibility to make sure that U.S. national security interests are protected and are advanced.

And so, I am very much hoping that he has some very good people that he has pulled together, Jim Mattis, Mike Pompeo, John Kelly, and others. I think they are the ones that are going to be able to give him some wise counsel about what he needs to do and not be very spontaneous in his words and his actions. Spontaneity is not something that protects national security interests. And so, therefore, when he speaks, when he reacts, just to make sure he understands that the implications and impact on the United States could be profound. Again, it's more than just about Mr. Trump, it's about the United States of America.

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which is why he's not presidential. Getting sidelined into Twitter battles over hand size is not the quality one wants to see in the commander and chief of a major military power.
Ringo

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0