Discussion Churchwatch guys suggest stoning and burning at the stake...

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I have found on FB a churchwatch group that mentions bringing back stoning and burning at the stake, and uses aiming up pep talks by rival preachers as examples of false prophecies. And they hate Catholicism and have a very outdated view of Catholic teaching.

Previously I posted a thread on witch hunts in history and the poll gave a 100% rejection of it.

Why are people sometimes like this?

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have found on FB a churchwatch group that mentions bringing back stoning and burning at the stake, and uses aiming up pep talks by rival preachers as examples of false prophecies. And they hate Catholicism and have a very outdated view of Catholic teaching.

Previously I posted a thread on witch hunts in history and the poll gave a 100% rejection of it.

What group?

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not surprising or new at all. "Follow me to Christ in heaven and drink this Kool-Aid" and others will always be. I once went to a church and could not believe all of the craziness and chaos I experienced there, all in the name of Christ.

Upvote 0

SpiritPsalmist

Heavy lean toward Messianic
Supporter
Jun 13, 2002
Southeast Kansas
✟393,824.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single

I love Catholics, but I intensely dislike Catholic doctrine. While they may have some things right, they have a lot of things wrong. As to these Churchwatch people, I didn't look at the site because I don't want more negativity on my FB page but from what you've described, I think the reason people become like this is that they are lovers of themselves and don't understand the OT teachings and all the qualifications that went with it nor do they actually know HIM at all. There were many hoops that had to be jumped through before Corporal punishment was administered in OT time, and as far as my understanding is (which I could be wrong), there are no examples of such punishment actually being administered in scripture. At least not on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,559.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
bringing back stoning and burning at the stake,

May be they should get out more and actually talk to people who aren't Christian to discover he one's most likely to be on the recieving end of stoning are those intolerant Christians who Don't subscribe to gay rights, transgender and all roads lead to God views of society.

And they hate Catholicism and have a very outdated view of Catholic teaching.

Outdated or the recognition that officially Catholicism has not changed its beliefs since the 16 February.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟249,501.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
May be they should get out more and actually talk to people who aren't Christian to discover he one's most likely to be on the recieving end of stoning are those intolerant Christians who Don't subscribe to gay rights, transgender and all roads lead to God views of society.

Outdated or the recognition that officially Catholicism has not changed its beliefs since the 16 February.
In 1999 the RCC changed it's statement of faith, to reconcile with Protestants. From salvation by works, by faith and the Spirit. To salvation by receiving the Spirit by faith, which will lead to good works. The poster they have is pre 1999.

Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
most likely to be on the recieving end of stoning are those intolerant Christians who Don't subscribe to gay rights, transgender and all roads lead to God views of society.
God, the Son, told us that there is ONLY ONE WAY to God, to be a Christian when He, Himself said, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." Jn 14:6 NIV

JESUS, God the Son, also said, " “Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." Matt 7: 13-14 NIV

The CHRIST of CHRISTianity does not agree with your line of reasoning at all. How do you justify such a stance in opposition to a an Omniscient (All-Knowing) and Omni-Present (present in all time) God? He is the "I AM." Do you actually think that His words are outdated to society's standards of today? Really? You know better than God?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟242,556.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Maybe a skewed version of what the gospel is all about?

Trying to build an earthly Kingdom rather than looking for the true Kingdom.

1 Peter 2:11
Philippians 3:20
John 18:36

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

Not sure if serious?

Kind of reminds me of those comedy troupes consisting entirely of atheists posing as a Christian Church slightly to grossly exaggerating mainline Christian teaching.

Upvote 0