Churches with unbiblical doctrines

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I think that a group that pretends to do only what is explicitly written in scripture is pretending to something that it cannot do and that would be terrible to do.
Yes, that is what multitudes have in error been taught.

If you go by what God says in Scripture, there is a big difference. (i.e. TRUTH)

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I understand that I wont find a doctrinally perfect church, but am I in sin if I attend a church that subscribes to and practices unbiblical beliefs?

i.e a church that allows women to be pastors. without getting into a debate, lets assume that this is unbiblical, Am I sinning if I continue to attend? what are the biblical principles for this?

The only reason that it's unbiblical is because in general, especially the Old Testament, the Bible had a very low opinion of women.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The only reason that it's unbiblical is because in general, especially the Old Testament, the Bible had a very low opinion of women.
Not true.

YHWH'S Appraisal of women is perfect every time, accurate exactly in every way.

The world rejects YHWH, and YHWH'S WORD,
just as it rejects the LIGHT (JESUS) who came into this world of DARKNESS to save those who LOVE THE LIGHT (JESUS)....

Nothing anywhere is as complete, truthful, and honest as YHWH'S WORD, from Genesis through Revelation,
and YHWH always GUARDS His Word - it never fails.

Men fail every day, and always attempting to change His Word, because men live in darkness, and do not want the LIGHT to expose their sins.

Upvote 0

Old Lioness

Jul 20, 2017
Ariel
✟9,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I understand that I wont find a doctrinally perfect church, but am I in sin if I attend a church that subscribes to and practices unbiblical beliefs?

i.e a church that allows women to be pastors. without getting into a debate, lets assume that this is unbiblical, Am I sinning if I continue to attend? what are the biblical principles for this?

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
No. God created Hos creation to work together. Hands and feet do not function the same, yet compliment each other.

Christian women have so many issues with this. Accept who God created you to be
and thrive.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

Old Lioness

Jul 20, 2017
Ariel
✟9,425.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
There are areas in this world that do not have a qualified man to teach ...If a woman is qualified and teaches the true word of the Bible there is nothing wrong in it. If she is qualified, and her church has hired her to be a minister because she follows the same doctrine that the church believes in then there is NOTHING wrong in this. The article of women teaching is in the OT. that is THE OT. times...not today. Jesus died fullfilling God's LAWS...The passages you see about women not speaking in churches and temples have a different meaning altogether historically. It is now, being in the end times, important that ALL should speak the salvation message and Women are just as capable as men to teach...God blesses those that glorify Him.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
There are areas in this world that do not have a qualified man to teach ..
When Jesus started, there were no qualified men to teach, and He chose all men to train, teach, and make into teachers/ preachers/ apostles/ so .....

One very good example for women though, recently, was Corrie ten Boom - she shared her testimony of Jesus with Power over demons, in 63 countries, and even in deep dark violent criminal prisons in S.Africa, and other places.

Still, as she always continued, she never, not once, was willing to take authority over men. Period. Obedient to all Scripture she remained faithful and true.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know.. I knew this grandmother that prayed 4+ hours a day. Had wow so much power of God. Yet only had a bible study. So one day in the study I asked her about haha.. a preacher all would know. This is as negative in anyway (about anyone) as she ever got "I listen to him I just dont agree with all he teaches". I loved that.

We seem to think.. I do in my own life about SIN about getting something wrong like doctrine means we missed it, we have fallen so far.. God walked off blah blah blah. Well the lord told me one day "one sin does not define you". We do this with so many preachers teachers Churches. WE DO.. God does not.

Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, that is what multitudes have in error been taught.

If you go by what God says in Scripture, there is a big difference. (i.e. TRUTH)
If you use modern technology then you are doing things that are not explicitly approved in scripture. If you have ideas that expand on what was known in ancient Israel and Judah then you are have ideas that are not explicitly approved in scripture.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟322,485.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There are areas in this world that do not have a qualified man to teach ...If a woman is qualified and teaches the true word of the Bible there is nothing wrong in it. If she is qualified, and her church has hired her to be a minister because she follows the same doctrine that the church believes in then there is NOTHING wrong in this. The article of women teaching is in the OT. that is THE OT. times...not today. Jesus died fullfilling God's LAWS...The passages you see about women not speaking in churches and temples have a different meaning altogether historically. It is now, being in the end times, important that ALL should speak the salvation message and Women are just as capable as men to teach...God blesses those that glorify Him.
Not Biblical though. So it's your opinion.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

AKAP

Jul 16, 2017
South USA
✟1,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

You will never find the perfect group of believers that will satisfy all your spiritual tastes and needs. Even the earliest believers had disagreements, with their unique pros and cons. The spirit of truth will supply you will the one that is 'good' for you, eventually.

I would find a small Bible-believing group. I would not go to those groups that try to sell you man made dogmas, rituals, creeds and idols which can only impair your spiritual growth with confusing ideas that are not scriptural. This then cuts out about at least 90% of the religious groups listed is a city phone book.

Look for a group that believes explicitly and implicitly that God is the only holy spirit and he stands alone as the creator and life-giver of all creation, and Jesus is the son of God and the Christ.

Jesus Christ never promoted any formal world congregation. He desired his followers

Bless you on your journey with the spirit of truth as your guide

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

But Jesus said that the OT law isn't abolished and not a dot would pass from it. And the "end times" were thought to have been in his day. Every generation since has claimed theirs was the end times and every one was wrong.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

GingerBeer

Cool and refreshing with a kick!
Mar 26, 2017
Australia
✟119,825.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
How would you know ?
Because there is no chapter and verse approving television, electricity, trains, the stock market and thousands upon thousands of other modern things.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But Jesus said that the OT law isn't abolished and not a dot would pass from it. And the "end times" were thought to have been in his day. Every generation since has claimed theirs was the end times and every one was wrong.
Wrong. Every one immersed in Jesus, Abiding in Him, was RIGHT, expecting eagerly His soon return.
They were taught by Jesus even, in person, and believed He may return at any time, and He approved.
This was true all along, and is truth today for those who abide in Him today. We expect His Return Eagerly Every Day, no matter how long it may yet be,
as He says,
in Perfect Harmony with All He Teaches, All of YHWH'S WORD.

• Prayers
Upvote 0

CGL1023

citizen of heaven
Jul 8, 2011
Roswell NM
✟75,781.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

There have been dozens of responses by now. Suppose the issue of woman pastors has been settled, would it be important/appropriate to make make the same examination asking, "will I be sinning if I attend a church that is Oneness/Trinitarian" etc?
It seems there could be a lengthy succession of these examinations.

• Prayers
Upvote 0