• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Church sign declaring ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’ vandalized following LGBT protests

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by redleghunter, Jan 11, 2019.

1. redleghunter

redleghunter Abide Boldy my friend Supporter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    From the annals of “why do such a thing” especially in a CA town called “Weed” comes this....

Church sign declaring ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’ vandalized following LGBT protests

WEED, California, January 10, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – After an American pastor refused to bow to pro-LGBT protesters’ demands that he change his church message board, he found the sign in ruins.

Pastor Justin Hoke of Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church in Weed, Siskiyou County, California angered some folks when he put up a message on the marquee outside his church last week reading “Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change. The Bible does not.”

Although he normally changes his sign from week to week, Hoke said he would not take down his message until the protests cease. However, the protestors declared that they would keep up their pickets until the sign comes down.

Someone has saved them the effort, however. This morning Hoke found that his message board had been broken into and some of the letters of his sign missing or strewn on the ground.

“I woke this morning to find that our sign had been vandalized,” he informed friends over Facebook.

“They broke not only the plexiglas and stole some of the letters, they also busted the power box. I have not seen it up close yet as this picture was sent to me by a member of our congregation. Please pray that God would provide.”

Remainder of article here:

Church sign declaring ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’ vandalized following LGBT protests

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Now there are much better marquees out there which draw attention:

FFA1718A-16B9-46EC-A3BC-E6BACB59D00A.jpeg 447D7059-67BB-4DD4-82CD-553684E0D730.jpeg 9558EF0B-4F04-45B5-B37E-0E9012CC5931.jpeg

3. Southernscotty

Southernscotty Well-Known Member Supporter Angels Team

+9,234
    United States
    Baptist
    Celibate
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Johnny4ChristJesus

Johnny4ChristJesus Well-Known Member Supporter

+772
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Very creative sign! Thanks for sharing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+3,768
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    I guess if you place a chip on your shoulder and dare someone to knock it off (especially if you're looking for a reason to whine about "persecution"), someone will eventually accommodate you.
    Ringo

6. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Yes it was not such an inviting message.

7. Ringo84

Ringo84 Separation of Church and State expert

+3,768
    United States
    Baptist
    Single
    US-Others
    That being said, I don't support vandalism of a church.
    Ringo

8. The Barbarian

The Barbarian Crabby Old White Guy

+4,076
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Libertarian
  9. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+1,898
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I wonder how many people this pastor led to Christ with that sign?

10. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Good point. Not very inviting. Maybe a sign which says “come here to hear about how Jesus saves.”

11. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+691
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I guess differing views/beliefs/opinions are not allowed, so much for tolerance.

12. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Unfortunately for a church to post something about a media darling as Jenner brings out all types.

13. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+691
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    When I was a kid there weren't very many of those "types" running around, the world was a much safer/calmer place.

14. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Back then there was compassion to get people help for their mental and emotional disorders.

15. ArmenianJohn

ArmenianJohn Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist

+1,898
    United States
    Oriental Orthodox
    Single
    US-Democrat
    That's not true at all.

16. Gigimo

Gigimo Well-Known Member

+691
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Since most mental health hospitals lost their funding and local hospitals have closed their mental health wards the only way it seems to get mental health help nowadays is to run afoul of the correctional system. You get help if you're in jail or some outpatient clinic after your release.

I live close to a small town (population about 25K) and during the week when I drive by the clinic and there is always a lot of people milling around the premises. It's amazing to see that many people there in such a small town. It makes you wonder if that many people actually have issues or has the system forced meds on those who may not even need them??? I have a friend who goes to the local clinic she goes for a visit every 3 mos, not weekly or monthly. Some days she is fine others she is a terror, makes you wonder if she has the right meds or not?

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Ship of Fools Supporter

+7,158
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
  18. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Ship of Fools Supporter

+7,158
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    It's not a new phenomenon.

Christine Jorgensen - a veteran of D-Day

[​IMG]

Wendy Carlos - musician and composer

[​IMG]

Danielle Bunten Berry (computer prammer and game designer)

[​IMG]

19. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    My uncle was caught up in the care of mental health professionals who kept changing his meds. He ended up taking his life.

Why I always encourage those who are receiving treatments get a second opinion.

20. redleghunter

+24,856
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Didn’t say it was new.