Church sign declaring ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’ vandalized following LGBT protests

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the annals of “why do such a thing” especially in a CA town called “Weed” comes this....

Church sign declaring ‘Bruce Jenner is still a man’ vandalized following LGBT protests

WEED, California, January 10, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – After an American pastor refused to bow to pro-LGBT protesters’ demands that he change his church message board, he found the sign in ruins.

Pastor Justin Hoke of Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church in Weed, Siskiyou County, California angered some folks when he put up a message on the marquee outside his church last week reading “Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change. The Bible does not.”

Although he normally changes his sign from week to week, Hoke said he would not take down his message until the protests cease. However, the protestors declared that they would keep up their pickets until the sign comes down.

Someone has saved them the effort, however. This morning Hoke found that his message board had been broken into and some of the letters of his sign missing or strewn on the ground.

“I woke this morning to find that our sign had been vandalized,” he informed friends over Facebook.

“They broke not only the plexiglas and stole some of the letters, they also busted the power box. I have not seen it up close yet as this picture was sent to me by a member of our congregation. Please pray that God would provide.”

Remainder of article here:

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Now there are much better marquees out there which draw attention:

FFA1718A-16B9-46EC-A3BC-E6BACB59D00A.jpeg
447D7059-67BB-4DD4-82CD-553684E0D730.jpeg
9558EF0B-4F04-45B5-B37E-0E9012CC5931.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I guess if you place a chip on your shoulder and dare someone to knock it off (especially if you're looking for a reason to whine about "persecution"), someone will eventually accommodate you.
Ringo

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess if you place a chip on your shoulder and dare someone to knock it off (especially if you're looking for a reason to whine about "persecution"), someone will eventually accommodate you.
Ringo
Yes it was not such an inviting message.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ringo84
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
From the annals of “why do such a thing” especially in a CA town called “Weed” comes this....

WEED, California, January 10, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – After an American pastor refused to bow to pro-LGBT protesters’ demands that he change his church message board, he found the sign in ruins.

Pastor Justin Hoke of Trinity Bible Presbyterian Church in Weed, Siskiyou County, California angered some folks when he put up a message on the marquee outside his church last week reading “Bruce Jenner is still a man. Homosexuality is still a sin. The culture may change. The Bible does not.”

Although he normally changes his sign from week to week, Hoke said he would not take down his message until the protests cease. However, the protestors declared that they would keep up their pickets until the sign comes down.

Someone has saved them the effort, however. This morning Hoke found that his message board had been broken into and some of the letters of his sign missing or strewn on the ground.

“I woke this morning to find that our sign had been vandalized,” he informed friends over Facebook.

“They broke not only the plexiglas and stole some of the letters, they also busted the power box. I have not seen it up close yet as this picture was sent to me by a member of our congregation. Please pray that God would provide.”

Remainder of article here:

I wonder how many people this pastor led to Christ with that sign?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder how many people this pastor led to Christ with that sign?
Good point. Not very inviting. Maybe a sign which says “come here to hear about how Jesus saves.”

Reactions: ArmenianJohn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I guess differing views/beliefs/opinions are not allowed, so much for tolerance.

• Agree
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I guess differing views/beliefs/opinions are not allowed, so much for tolerance.
Unfortunately for a church to post something about a media darling as Jenner brings out all types.

• Agree
Reactions: Gigimo
Upvote 0

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately for a church to post something about a media darling as Jenner brings out all types.

When I was a kid there weren't very many of those "types" running around, the world was a much safer/calmer place.

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When I was a kid there weren't very many of those "types" running around, the world was a much safer/calmer place.
Back then there was compassion to get people help for their mental and emotional disorders.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not true at all.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gigimo

Dec 6, 2015
Ohio
✟96,387.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Back then there was compassion to get people help for their mental and emotional disorders.

Since most mental health hospitals lost their funding and local hospitals have closed their mental health wards the only way it seems to get mental health help nowadays is to run afoul of the correctional system. You get help if you're in jail or some outpatient clinic after your release.

I live close to a small town (population about 25K) and during the week when I drive by the clinic and there is always a lot of people milling around the premises. It's amazing to see that many people there in such a small town. It makes you wonder if that many people actually have issues or has the system forced meds on those who may not even need them??? I have a friend who goes to the local clinic she goes for a visit every 3 mos, not weekly or monthly. Some days she is fine others she is a terror, makes you wonder if she has the right meds or not?

• Informative
Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,257,832.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat

It's not a new phenomenon.

Christine Jorgensen - a veteran of D-Day

Christine_Jorgensen_1954.jpg

Wendy Carlos - musician and composer

A-16261-1340707738-1791.jpeg.jpg

Danielle Bunten Berry (computer prammer and game designer)

tumblr_m9zf8tB4Gw1rpkenpo1_400.jpg

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Since most mental health hospitals lost their funding and local hospitals have closed their mental health wards the only way it seems to get mental health help nowadays is to run afoul of the correctional system. You get help if you're in jail or some outpatient clinic after your release.

I live close to a small town (population about 25K) and during the week when I drive by the clinic and there is always a lot of people milling around the premises. It's amazing to see that many people there in such a small town. It makes you wonder if that many people actually have issues or has the system forced meds on those who may not even need them??? I have a friend who goes to the local clinic she goes for a visit every 3 mos, not weekly or monthly. Some days she is fine others she is a terror, makes you wonder if she has the right meds or not?
My uncle was caught up in the care of mental health professionals who kept changing his meds. He ended up taking his life.

Why I always encourage those who are receiving treatments get a second opinion.

• Agree
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not a new phenomenon.

Christine Jorgensen - a veteran of D-Day

Christine_Jorgensen_1954.jpg

Wendy Carlos - musician and composer

A-16261-1340707738-1791.jpeg.jpg

Danielle Bunten Berry (computer prammer and game designer)

tumblr_m9zf8tB4Gw1rpkenpo1_400.jpg
Didn’t say it was new.

Upvote 0