Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The sanctity of life is a deeply immoral principle. It rejects people and reality in favour of abstract rules with no backing.

Also when Christians use it, it tends to be a racist principle... caring about humans simply because they are human.

Upvote 0

TheDirector

Jul 22, 2013
✟247.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
The sanctity of life is a deeply immoral principle. It rejects people and reality in favour of abstract rules with no backing.

Also when Christians use it, it tends to be a racist principle... caring about humans simply because they are human.

"Racism". It doesn't mean what you think it means. Caring about humans simply because they are humans is a mark of honor, not of shame, and Christians wear it proudly. The sanctity of innocent life is by no means "immoral".

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!
Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
"Racism". It doesn't mean what you think it means. Caring about humans simply because they are humans is a mark of honor, not of shame, and Christians wear it proudly. The sanctity of innocent life is by no means "immoral".

Well I am using it in quite a broad way to get my point across.

Saying you care about humans just because they are human is no different from caring about white people just because they are white. The physical biological difference alone isn't morally important. If you are basing moral principles merely on physical differences, then that is no different from racism.

The 'sanctity of life' only oppresses and causes suffering. Persons can be respected without the 'sanctity of life', so we should move away from that anti-love principle. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheDirector

Jul 22, 2013
✟247.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well I am using it in quite a broad way to get my point across.

Saying you care about humans just because they are human is no different from caring about white people just because they are white. The physical biological difference alone isn't morally important. If you are basing moral principles merely on physical differences, then that is no different from racism.

The 'sanctity of life' only oppresses and causes suffering. Persons can be respected without the 'sanctity of life', so we should move away from that anti-love principle. :)

....none of the above made any kind of sense? :confused:

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
....none of the above made any kind of sense? :confused:

Well I can't help it if you can't understand. :p

If you tell me what you don't understand I can explain it.

Racism is wrong because it is who someone is that matters morally, not their physical biology. In the same way, mere biological difference of being human, rather than a pig, aren't grounds for killing pigs but not humans. Physical difference doesn't justify discrimination. My point would be that it is the mental, not the physical, that is morally important.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SAT

Jun 9, 2013
✟15,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Wow now that is a very odd statement indeed, so just Christians are racist? not an atheist who may have the same opinion? And what has racism to do with it? Moral or immoral would be a debating point but racism!!!.

Caring about humans just because they are human, I see your point here, so I think you should remove that bit of wording from under your name “Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!” As those words relate more to humans than animals, So stop being racist!!! (Using your terminology) And Chrstophobic. (My terminology).

Upvote 0

TheDirector

Jul 22, 2013
✟247.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Well I can't help it if you can't understand. :p

If you tell me what you don't understand I can explain it.

Racism is wrong because it is who someone is that matters morally, not their physical biology. In the same way, mere biological difference of being human, rather than a pig, aren't grounds for killing pigs but not humans. Physical difference doesn't justify discrimination. My point would be that it is the mental, not the physical, that is morally important.

Yeah, you don't need to tell me that racism is wrong! :mad: It's what on Earth snapped inside your head, to cause the following to form: "caring about humans simply because they're humans is racism".

Upvote 0

TheDirector

Jul 22, 2013
✟247.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
And Chrstophobic. (My terminology).

Don't you know that there's no suc thing as "Christophobia", because Christians are just evil oppressors, and everyone else are innocent victims of the evil Christians, who're all tools of Western Imperialism (tm), regardless of where they live?

Upvote 0

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Wow now that is a very odd statement indeed, so just Christians are racist? not an atheist who may have the same opinion? And what has racism to do with it? Moral or immoral would be a debating point but racism!!!.

I didn't say atheists aren't racist. I mentioned Christians because eastern religions tend to saying that all life, human and animal, is sacred. Christians tend only to mean humans.

Caring about humans just because they are human, I see your point here, so I think you should remove that bit of wording from under your name “Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!” As those words relate more to humans than animals, So stop being racist!!! (Using your terminology) And Chrstophobic. (My terminology).

I said it was racist to discriminate against animals just because they are physically different. That doesn't mean distinctions can't be made for non-physical reasons. “Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!” isn't racist... I never said you couldn't use words than apply more to humans. It would be nice if you didn't twist what I said. :D

What do you even mean by Chrstophobic?

So do you agree that discrimination based merely on physical difference is racist?

Yeah, you don't need to tell me that racism is wrong! :mad: It's what on Earth snapped inside your head, to cause the following to form: "caring about humans simply because they're humans is racism".

It being true. Being human is a physical characteristic. To discriminate against animals merely based on their species being physically different, is discrimination based on physical difference. That is racism.

I'd agree that it is ok to for humans to have some rights that other animals don't, but that would be based on mental differences, not physical differences.

Upvote 0

SAT

Jun 9, 2013
✟15,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't say atheists aren't racist. I mentioned Christians because eastern religions tend to saying that all life, human and animal, is sacred. Christians tend only to mean humans.

I said it was racist to discriminate against animals just because they are physically different. That doesn't mean distinctions can't be made for non-physical reasons. “Liberty, Equality, Solidarity!” isn't racist... I never said you couldn't use words than apply more to humans. It would be nice if you didn't twist what I said. :D

What do you even mean by Chrstophobic?

So do you agree that discrimination based merely on physical difference is racist?

It being true. Being human is a physical characteristic. To discriminate against animals merely based on their species being physically different, is discrimination based on physical difference. That is racism.

I'd agree that it is ok to for humans to have some rights that other animals don't, but that would be based on mental differences, not physical differences.

Hi how are you we have history lol.

Now that doesn't hold, I am not racist towards a Cow because I eat it, neither am a racist towards a chicken because I don't, (don't like the taste), are you racist towards a fetus?

I think you push the meaning of racism to the point of confusion as racism relates to human beings, because we are actually the same so racism can exist, i.e. We are comparing like with like.

So I could be cruel to an animal, indifferent , kind, loving, but not racist because they are not the same species as I.

Christophobic, as a Christian I feel my human rights and equality is being breach by everyone that doesn’t agree with me 100%, so from now on anyone disagreeing with me. MUST be Christophobic. I am just demanding equality (yes I know I have told you in the past I don’t want equality) with all those groups who when they are in a corner and out of rational arguments they have their get out of jail card- “racist, homophobic, sexist” it will save me a lot of time in discussions and debates, and if I use it often enough, politicians will bring laws to protect me against you Christophobics, perhaps we could have Christophobic pride month.

See dictionary definition of racist below.

Hopefully it won’t be long before I can give you the dictionary definition of Christophobic, if I can’t then I am being discriminated against and I would expect you to stand up for my rights.

rac·ism [rey-siz-uhm] Show IPA
noun

a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Paradoxum

Sep 16, 2011
✟28,188.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Hi how are you we have history lol.

My memory fails me. :D

Now that doesn't hold, I am not racist towards a Cow because I eat it, neither am a racist towards a chicken because I don't, (don't like the taste), are you racist towards a fetus?

It doesn't sound like you've understood my argument.

Can I ask you to replicate my argument in your own words, so I know you are actually reading what I am writing? I'm not trying to be mean, it just sounds like you don't know what I'm arguing, so your parodies don't make sense. :)

I think you push the meaning of racism to the point of confusion as racism relates to human beings, because we are actually the same so racism can exist, i.e. We are comparing like with like.

So I could be cruel to an animal, indifferent , kind, loving, but not racist because they are not the same species as I.

I used the word racist because we know what that means better. And it does sort of make sense because we talk about the 'human race'. The real word for it is speciesism, but I'm not sure if most people know what that means. It is just like racism, but between species.

Christophobic, as a Christian I feel my human rights and equality is being breach by everyone that doesn’t agree with me 100%, so from now on anyone disagreeing with me. MUST be Christophobic. I am just demanding equality (yes I know I have told you in the past I don’t want equality) with all those groups who when they are in a corner and out of rational arguments they have their get out of jail card- “racist, homophobic, sexist” it will save me a lot of time in discussions and debates, and if I use it often enough, politicians will bring laws to protect me against you Christophobics, perhaps we could have Christophobic pride month.

See dictionary definition of racist below.

Hopefully it won’t be long before I can give you the dictionary definition of Christophobic, if I can’t then I am being discriminated against and I would expect you to stand up for my rights.

Have fun with that. :thumbsup:

By the way, wasn't talking about racism to insult. I was using the word as part of a reasoned argument to try an get across a concept. Speciesism is the real word, but people know racism much better.

Also, some people actions or phrases can be sexist. If someone says that women are too stupid to vote, then it is right to say that is sexist. Sexist is a real term that means something, it isn't just an insult. If it is an insult, it is insulting because of what sexism means.

I feel sorry for anyone that thinks humans are just another animal.
I do not discriminate against animals I eat all of them.

Well in some sense we are just another animals, but in other sense we aren't. My point WAS NOT that we shouldn't differentiate between humans and other animals, but that we shouldn't differentiate based on mere physical differences.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟551,673.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think you guys know anything about Satanists, really. It's more like ritualized atheism than actually worshiping Satan. He's more like a metaphysical embodiment of what Christians would call "Sins of the Flesh" A representation of our earthly desires.

At least from what I understand Satanism to be.

Upvote 0