Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
15026479.jpg

Members of its General Synod threw out compromise proposals on females in senior ranks.

All safeguards demanded by traditionalists were rejected.

Sky News correspondent Mike McCarthy said: "It's a historic and very significant moment for the Church of England.

"The real test now is how many people will leave (the Church). There are certainly going to be many wrestling with their consciences."

link

:doh:

jdemnyan

Dec 1, 2005
The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
✟7,667.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Sad, but not surprising in the least. It has been the policy of the Anglican Communion since the Lambeth Conference that allowed artificial contraception to be used amongst the faithful to always be tolerant of all things save divinely revealed Truth. It appears that the "after-glow" that the Anglican communion once had because of its closenss towards Catholicism in ritual and governance that had made it a favored church from this side of the Tiber is rapidly fading away amid the din of secular relativism.

My only prayer now is that it dies a quick merciful death and that our Holy Father will set the path for those Anglo-Catholics to come home via Anglican-Use parishes or a positive outcome from the Traditional Anglican Communion's request for union and not assimiliation.

Upvote 0

NewToLife

Senior Veteran
Jan 29, 2004
London
✟11,839.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
This has probably been inevitable since the decision to ordain women and the exodus from the Church of England that it resulted in, with traditionalists leaving in droves inevitably those who remain are increasingly the liberal wing and theology will undoubtedly only get more and more liberal over time. The irony is that all of this is done in the name of remaining 'relevent' yet the reality is that each move towards liberalism empties the parishes further.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

winsome

English, not British
Dec 15, 2005
England
✟19,011.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

jdemnyan

Dec 1, 2005
The Great Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
✟7,667.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
While I am certainly glad that this is not happening in the Churches in communion with Rome (and it seems that the Orthodox aren't inclined to follow this innovation either), I can't really say I'm passe about the situation either. Everyone is a member of the mystical body of Christ and such actions that depart from the Deposit of Faith affects everybody else...

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
While I am certainly glad that this is not happening in the Churches in communion with Rome (and it seems that the Orthodox aren't inclined to follow this innovation either), I can't really say I'm passe about the situation either. Everyone is a member of the mystical body of Christ and such actions that depart from the Deposit of Faith affects everybody else...

I am not sure I understand what you mean by everyone is part of the mystical body of Christ.

Only believers are members of the mystical body of Christ.

The scriptures speak about wolves in sheep's clothing - when those expose who they are and remove themselves from even the appearane of communion with the Body of Christ, then this is helpful for it puts the issue is black and white instead of the grey that such try to hide behind.

This will help those who desire to hold to the truth to know whom to to follow or not follow, and to reunite with Rome and return home.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
I don't care what the Anglicans do either, it has no bearing on our holy church so...that's their problem. I certainly don't agree, even as a woman I find it offensive but hey, I'm not Anglican. No worries!

I would think the sharpening of the lines between those who want to follow the dictates of their own hearts and those who desire to follow God in truth would be a good thing, so that those who choose God can see more clearly where their path lies - home to Rome. :)

Upvote 0

thereselittleflower

Nov 9, 2003
✟50,355.00
Faith
Catholic
Upvote 0
S

SweetBee

This is a weird attitude from a christian, how come you're saying "no worries" if you believe it is a bad decision? How is it possible for you to not care, when denominations other than your own are suffering hardships? Amazing, really.

It's weird that you don't get it! Just because I think it's a bad decision, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I don't agree with a lot of things I don't worry about. It's in God's hands, if the Anglicans are suffering hardships, they have the freedom to look elsewhere such as the Catholic church. Why do I have to worry about it? People know where to go to find the truth if they want to, I trust the Lord will do a better job of getting them there than me. That's amazing!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.