United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

11-28-13

Church of England clergy would be able to recognize and celebrate same-sex marriages and partnerships in church services under proposals unveiled on Thursday that strengthen the church's more open approach to homosexuality.

The proposals come after the mother church for the world's 80 million Anglicans earlier this year dropped its ban on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops.

One of 18 recommendations put forward by a two-year working group suggested clergy should "be able to offer appropriate services to mark a faithful same-sex relationship".

The group, which had its dissenters, also said the church should warmly welcome and affirm "the presence within the church of gay and lesbian people both lay and ordained".

Continued- Church of England Proposes Celebrating Gay Marriage

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Because more people will flee to the Catholic Church?

exactly
it gives a clearer contrast between the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and the imposters

a house built on sad will not last, maybe this will help speed up the demolition, I mean 500 years is an awfully long time

Upvote 0
Oct 15, 2008
Central California
✟274,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That is my feeling as well. I'm hoping more people will go Orthodox over Anglican. But though I'm not Catholic anymore, I would prefer a person convert to Catholicism any day than stay Anglican! And I don't say this because I detest Anglicans. There are a TON of lovely people in the Anglican communion to be sure, but theologically speaking they've been going off a cliff for decades. In the past twenty years morally speaking they've pushed the envelope with gay "marriage," women "priests," church polity, abortion, and a host of other things.

exactly
it gives a clearer contrast between the One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church and the imposters

a house built on sad will not last, maybe this will help speed up the demolition, I mean 500 years is an awfully long time

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
That is my feeling as well. I'm hoping more people will go Orthodox over Anglican. But though I'm not Catholic anymore, I would prefer a person convert to Catholicism any day than stay Anglican! And I don't say this because I detest Anglicans. There are a TON of lovely people in the Anglican communion to be sure, but theologically speaking they've been going off a cliff for decades. In the past twenty years morally speaking they've pushed the envelope with gay "marriage," women "priests," church polity, abortion, and a host of other things.

I do not think that Anglicans are horrible people or that their is nothing of value in their community
I just agree with you about all the problematic moral issues that you pointed out, and there are also a ton of theological issues that can be seen as harmful

even though I have never been Eastern Orthodox, I am encouraged to see former Anglicans becoming Eastern Orthodox
even though you can probably guess my personal preference :p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chi Rho

Agnus Dei, qui tollis peccata mundi.
Sep 17, 2008
✟7,792.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
After our Government voted for Same-Sex 'Marriage' Legislation earlier this year; Christians were voicing their fears that they would be bullied into conducting these ceremonies. The Government apparently made sure that this could never happen, at least to the established (Anglican) church. It seems as though the Anglicans can't be bothered to wait to be bullied. I've heard conflicting reports though. I've heard some Outlets say they may conduct the ceremony and some say they just want to bless the union of the couple. Either way, it isn't good. I shook my head in disbelief when I heard it on the Radio, but smiled because I wasn't surprised to hear it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ebia

Senior Contributor
Jul 6, 2004
A very long way away. Sometimes even further.
✟54,775.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Greens
This this bit is definitely misleading: "The proposals come after the mother church for the world's 80 million Anglicans earlier this year dropped its ban on gay clergy in civil partnerships becoming bishops." - homosexual clergy must be celebate - I suspect the rest of the article is as well . In any case it's a proposal from a working group - nothing more. The Church of England hasn't proposed anything - a working group is not the church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam VanHouten

Sep 10, 2013
Bloomington, Indiana
✟15,163.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The Church of England has abandoned Christianity. It knows not the resurrection of Jesus, but rather only a reprobate mind. By endorsing fornication, it is dead in the eyes of Jesus.

If Britain was actually a Christian nation, sodomites would get arrested for blasphemy if they tried to do this, as they should.

Upvote 0

Liberasit

Oct 25, 2013
✟18,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Because more people will flee to the Catholic Church?

Anglicans who are hard liners on this topic are not really from the catholic wing. They are at the extreme end of the evangelical wing so, if they were to flee, they would more likely turn to baptist or Pentecostal free churches. They are probably content to stay in their church families though as they are less likely to cling to denominationalism and episcopal magic.

Upvote 0

Liberasit

Oct 25, 2013
✟18,004.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
The Church of England has abandoned Christianity. It knows not the resurrection of Jesus, but rather only a reprobate mind. By endorsing fornication, it is dead in the eyes of Jesus.

If Britain was actually a Christian nation, sodomites would get arrested for blasphemy if they tried to do this, as they should.

I didn't realise that.

Upvote 0