Church of Artificial Intelligence

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I read this either on ChristianHeadlines.com or CharismaNews.com.
Pretty freaky. It shows you man's inner desire to worship God but yet because man is sinful, he does not want the true God in his life.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟296,877.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I watched a news story on TV about , it is bizarre but what is even stranger it is gaining popularity among many businesses as it is connected in some point system in merchandising

It's called "business intelligence" or "business automation". This is simply automating the process of planning and crunching out numbers for meeting targets efficiently.

Normally, you would employ analysts and clerical staff to do that job. But you can also have that job done fully automatically with a computer to save a lot of money on staffing expenses and often the result is more accurate and consistent than with human factor.

This is actually one of the things I'm learning to expand the projects I can take. It is mostly about forecasting and calculating decisions which can be enhanced with machine learning scripts. These scripts are all over the internet. They aren't strictly AI but for automation without human involvement, they can get the job done.

• Informative
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
  • Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

HereIStand

Supporter
Jul 6, 2006
✟317,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that also. Its a scary an interesting trend. I do wonder if AI enthusiasts are being over-confident. This is a video of Google's Deep Mind AI teaching itself to walk. Sorry, it's supposed to be impressive, but it seems primitive.

Upvote 0

seventysevens

Feb 27, 2017
USA
✟38,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It's called "business intelligence" or "business automation". This is simply automating the process of planning and crunching out numbers for meeting targets efficiently.

Normally, you would employ analysts and clerical staff to do that job. But you can also have that job done fully automatically with a computer to save a lot of money on staffing expenses and often the result is more accurate and consistent than with human factor.

This is actually one of the things I'm learning to expand the projects I can take. It is mostly about forecasting and calculating decisions which can be enhanced with machine learning scripts. These scripts are all over the internet. They aren't strictly AI but for automation without human involvement, they can get the job done.
That sounds interesting but -
I was speaking directly to this :
https://www.wired.com/story/anthony-levandowski-artificial-intelligence-religion/

That guy , former google tech , I am speaking of AI
Their church already has 501C3 tax exempt status and has all the rights any other church has legally. ,
They call the center of the religion a Global Brain , and they are working on getting every iOT (Internet Of Things)device that uses microchips on the internet , including all businesses that have internet connected computers and devices will be all interconnected to form this Global Brain as all these devices will be communicating with each other. All digital transactions , be it ATM , POS , banking , swipe cards , internet banking , social media. The bylaws of this organization include that each machine will come to have rights just as people have rights
You will be able to talk to this "god" global brain and pray and know that it is listening via cyber VR and eventually holographic reality

Here is an excerpt from their mission statement

"We also believe that, just like animals have rights, our creation(s) ("machines" or whatever we call them) should have rights too when they show signs intelligence (still to be defined of course). We should not fear this but should be optimistic about the potential."

"We believe it may be important for machines to see who is friendly to their cause and who is not. We plan on doing so by keeping track of who has done what (and for how long) to help the peaceful and respectful transition."

Way of the Future

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

High Fidelity

Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟897,101.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I noticed that also. Its a scary an interesting trend. I do wonder if AI enthusiasts are being over-confident. This is a video of Google's Deep Mind AI teaching itself to walk. Sorry, it's supposed to be impressive, but it seems primitive.

It is primitive in some aspects, but it will be interesting to see how it 'learns' and what opinions it develops from the information it is provided.

Machine learning is fascinating.

Upvote 0

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Just gross!
It shows the absolute arrogance of humans. We are the most aggressive species on earth. Our tendency is to both create and destroy. Our capacity for both is astonishing and infinite.

• Agree
Reactions: Yanni depp
Upvote 0

Quid est Veritas?

In Memoriam to CS Lewis
Feb 27, 2016
South Africa
✟316,433.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Pardon me while I go full eschatological nutjob...

This sounds to me like the Beast of Revelation. An entity that is powerful and worshipped. Connected to our ubiquitous use of the internet.

We know that commerce is being done more and more electronically, and we mostly interact with the virtual world via our cellphones. Where are cellphones placed? On our temples and in the palms of our hands as we type... Mark of the Beast, anyone?
With Bitcoin and digital currencies, we may usher in a future where economic value is solely a digital existence, and increasingly companies prefer to take money electronically. Is it so far fetched to think people would only take it in this manner in future? With an AI entity already being worshipped, with tendrils in all electronic commerce via interconnectivity... Only buy and sell with its say so, marked by our use of the Internet...

We shall see. This looks like Skynet, HAL, or whichever terrible Ratiocinatorial Overlord awaits us...Who is like unto the Beast?

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Yanni depp
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Sarah G

Pro-peace, anti-war, anti-violence.
Supporter
Jun 29, 2017
Netherlands
✟131,322.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very interesting. I read a novel on this subject years back called 'River of Gods' by Ian McDonald.
What is there to fear when God is sovereign over all? Let's just keep our eyes on Lord Jesus Christ and let the mad scientists do their mad science stuff.

Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

Upvote 0