✟15,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

I'm new here. I've been browsing through the threads and like what I see. Allow me to introduce myself.

I am a follower of Jesus Christ or at least I try to be. I am a member of a non-denominational. In addition I am a disabled veteran, I served in an elite unit of the armed services. I was placed in this unit through total happenstance, I'm nothing special. In addition, I am a musician. I play piano, guitar, and sing a bit. I play in literal garage bands and occassionally when the stars align we gig. I've also in the past played for contemporary christian worship services. I can also read piano sheet music off the hymnal and really enjoy accompanying choirs. I am unemployed and at times very depressed. I am also married to a very successful woman (17 years) and money is not an issue.

My walk with Jesus has not been easy. My parents were Christian in name only. I never once saw my father attend a church service. My father was also a habitual drug user. We were raised in the inner city public school system, violence, gangs and drugs were everywhere. I had a lot of friends die early or otherwise sent to prison.. I barely graduated from high school. it's only by the grace of God I was saved while part of a vibrant college campus ministry.

Earlier I mentioned I was disabled veteran, and at times very depressed. Well all those things are tied together. I can't really hold down a 9 to 5 job anymore. So all my time is devoted to improving my skills as a musician. I practice 4, 6, sometimes 8 hours a day.. l am terribly flawed but made whole by Christ. When I'm lucky I get to perform for you on a Sunday mornings, it means a lot to me. This is my walk with Jesus Christ.

To God be the Glory

Last edited:

Deade

Called of God
Site Supporter
Dec 17, 2017
Vinita, OK
Visit site
✟274,266.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hello StringsNHammers, welcome to CF.

I hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

View attachment 295211

98636c6ee64925a19858f8a491d300d2.gif

Upvote 0

StringsNHammers

StringsNHammers
Feb 25, 2021
San Antonio
✟15,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Welcome :wave:
I'm sooooo... envious of anyone who can play a piano/guitar.
Also, your comment about "trying" to follow Christ caught my eye.

...to see thee more clearly, love thee more dearly, follow thee more nearly.
Day By Day

It didn't come naturally, that's for sure. Well maybe guitar did a bit after I already been playing piano for years. A lot of it was just plain hard work, practicing day in and day out when I really didn't feel like it.

All that to say I truly believe anyone who really wants to learn can do so at almost any age if they are willing to put in the work.

As for following Christ, I try my best but often come up short. Sometimes I really disappoint myself. Why can't I be stronger? I've gotten a bit better over the years but still come up short... not by works, but by grace

Reactions: Lion IRC
Upvote 0