Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The holy spirit told you that you are able to give physical money to God? and that God needs it? Interest.....Jesus said to give to ceasar what is ceasars and to God what is God.....I think He was separating money from what is God's.

I give to support the building and the people in it......I benefit from the heating and cooling and preaching and singing.....it is only right to help keep it open.
I think Jesus was talking about taxes after telling Peter to catch the fish with the coin in its gut.

Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as the "Prosperity Gospel". The Gospel IS prosperity in every way. Before Salvation we all lived poverty, death, and lack. The "Good News" is that we are freed from that existence. If you equate prosperity solely to how your bank account compares with someone else's then you will continue to live in the poverty and lack mindset Christ died to deliver you from. Too many Believers are un-Believers when it has to do with freedom from poverty. Poor is a temporary condition. Poverty is a demonic bondage. We are called to give to and bless the poor, not BE the poor. If we're poor, it should be because we gave our abundance to others. The Poverty Gospel is used by many Christians to justify their laziness to work hard and use their God-given "Power to get wealth" (Deut.8:18)
Well put!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think Jesus was talking about taxes after telling Peter to catch the fish with the coin in its gut.
Yes he was taking about giving money, which had the faces of the earth leaders on them, to the leaders for taxes. It is ok to give them what has their faces on them. So when He said to give to God that which belong to Him......What do you think he was talking about?

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Part of a churches finances being open and above board is that expenditure is discussed by the church before anything is spent. Being able at the church meeting to question and get answers about what and why something was bought or spent is the other side.

Upvote 0

Ray Blick

Site Supporter
Feb 18, 2017
Australia
✟49,330.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes he was taking about giving money, which had the faces of the earth leaders on them, to the leaders for taxes. It is ok to give them what has their faces on them. So when He said to give to God that which belong to Him......What do you think he was talking about?
Hi Raymond G
Yes,sorry, I wasn't clear that I was agreeing with you by my short answer.
I reckon that it's not just money (tithe) that we're supposed to give to God but our all and who we are.

That's all, and so I just wish to add this to all the other post out there
that
I've been recently convicted about giving outside of my local church, with them giving a ten minute message each week and looking at the wealth of the leaders I became judgmental.

The Lord reminded me that the leaders in the church have other jobs and businesses and are not draining the flock for their own gain and that I'm now in a good spot to give again so that community outreach and other good stuff can happen and that we too can be involved in it. Yes, there is building maintenance going on but some new folk can be drawn to buildings.

We can never underestimate how the Lord is going to draw someone into the fold.

House meetings are great but some new folk can also feel 'trapped' in someone else's home also and out of politeness endure all the Christianese and never come back the second time, I've seen that happen as well.

But seen some beautiful things happen in home groups with newbies.

Saw a young woman have deliverance from severe sickness (a disease) She gave her life to Jesus and got saved also other salvations.
Mind you the money plate still went around the room for the African prophet present so we gave out of pure joy.

I think that's a key.

Interesting post, God bless you all

Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟797,599.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings." Mal 3:8

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone." Matt 23:23

Upvote 0