Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
in post 27 you said quote "I like" a known prosperity preacher.
(very well known; and throughly described online).
the video? like I posted (from memory) - but I'm not going to go look for it again, it might have been someone else, but the gist of your posts has been along the lines of j.m. and j.m. (2 different ones on worldwide web, same initials) ....
"extracting " and repeating so-called useful information from a bad tree with bad seed, especially one you 'like',
results in most bad seed and more bad trees.
OH, that you posted, Oh, yes, and I thank you for that...

I don't bother with posting pastoral video's and I rarely mention these guys on here...

But, I do like and approve of Joyce Meyer though...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
in post 27 you said quote "I like" a known prosperity preacher.
(very well known; and throughly described online).
the video? like I posted (from memory) - but I'm not going to go look for it again, it might have been someone else, but the gist of your posts has been along the lines of j.m. and j.m. (2 different ones on worldwide web, same initials) ....
"extracting " and repeating so-called useful information from a bad tree with bad seed, especially one you 'like',
results in most bad seed and more bad trees.
I'm getting my discernment trained, this entire world is full of half-truths, half-lies... You cannot escape it, seems best to learn how to navigate it with the help of the Holy Ghost...

How I spend my time is very balanced, I do not binge watch preachers... I spend a lot of my time, just with God...

I'm not so caught up in it (watching preaching) that it is a problem...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Even if they are modern day Pharisees, do you think Matthew 23:3 applies to them...?

Matthew 23 really, he says at the beginning that they are in the seat of Moses, judging (criticizing and condemning) by "law" or works based faiths, but he tells us, the things they tell you do and observe, and how you gonna do that if you do not ever listen to them...?

Mary "treasured up sayings in her heart" (and probably spent a great deal of time pondering with God about it/them, when she could.)

God Bless!

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How do you see money being well spent in your church?

Where/How do you see it possibly not being well used?
My parish is small, and we're actually very careful with our money. We know our budget is tight every year. I have trouble thinking of any ways that our parish is wasting money.

Some positives: We are able to pay a full-time pastor, and a part-time organist. I value what they contribute to the church. We pay for heat, air conditioning, electricity, and plumbing. We buy Communion elements for use each week.

I was going to list some community outreach, but I realized that's mostly done with direct volunteer efforts from the congregation: We cook the meals for the homeless families that we shelter and donate the air mattresses and blankets they sleep on, and we volunteer our own time on Saturdays distributing groceries to needy families. There's very little church-money-from-the-offering-plate in that.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Matthew 23 really, he says at the beginning that they are in the seat of Moses, judging (criticizing and condemning) by "law" or works based faiths, but he tells us, the things they tell you do and observe, and how you gonna do that if you do not ever listen to them...?
The modern preachers are not sitting in the seat of Moses, nor do they listen to Moses.
As Jesus says, if they listened to Moses, they would listen to Jesus, because Moses spoke of Jesus.

The modern world cares not for Jesus , nor for Moses.

The true Christians care for Jesus, and for Moses.

Jesus NEVER said to trust the hypocrites: scribes or pharisees nor anyone else not telling the truth or not living the truth.

Listening to a false gospel leads to death.

Listening to Moses, Torah, Jesus, as Jesus says, is right.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The modern preachers are not sitting in the seat of Moses, nor do they listen to Moses.
As Jesus says, if they listened to Moses, they would listen to Jesus, because Moses spoke of Jesus.

The modern world cares not for Jesus , nor for Moses.

The true Christians care for Jesus, and for Moses.

Jesus NEVER said to trust the hypocrites: scribes or pharisees nor anyone else not telling the truth or not living the truth.

Listening to a false gospel leads to death.

Listening to Moses, Torah, Jesus, as Jesus says, is right.
Then, if they are not Pharisees who are they...?

Jesus didn't say it was "right" to have to listen to them, or that it was right to listen to them, teachers of law and works, that we "have to" listen to them, just not to be doing as they are doing in their personal lives, not to be the same as them personally... Don't idolize them or put them up on a pedestal either...

Upvote 0

joshhuntnm

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
✟23,474.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

IN the NT church, they seemed to spend a good deal of their money helping the poor in the church.

Upvote 0

Bob101

Nov 6, 2012
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I used to pick apart where he money goes, but the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and told me I am not giving my money to the local church but rather to GOD. So when I give it is now with joy and what is done with it is no longer my responsibility and I am at peace with that thank you Jesus !!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bob101

Nov 6, 2012
✟15,222.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I used to pick apart where he money goes, but the Holy Spirit opened my eyes and told me I am not giving my money to the local church but rather to GOD. So when I give it is now with joy and what is done with it is no longer my responsibility and I am at peace with that thank you Jesus !!

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The holy spirit told you that you are able to give physical money to God? and that God needs it? Interest.....Jesus said to give to ceasar what is ceasars and to God what is God.....I think He was separating money from what is God's.

I give to support the building and the people in it......I benefit from the heating and cooling and preaching and singing.....it is only right to help keep it open.

Upvote 0

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

I would have to say sustaining the operation of the church. Then welfare of the people of the church and then extending into outside humanity. Feeding the hungry, clothing the naked, housing the homeless, etc.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
If your church is doing good things with the money, they could tell some good stories and testimonies and inspire people... And people would want to give what they could...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How accountable are your churches to their members. The church I attend has 4 quarterly church meetings for members only. Apart from reports from the different church departments, ( sunday school, different aged youth groups, evangelism etc) there is a financial report with handouts showing last years budget, this years income and expenditre and this years budget figures.
Part of this report details all major purcheses or expenditure and any proposed purchase ie, church hall roof needs major repairs, estimates of cost are ????? and the meeting votes on whether to pay for those repairs/purchases/hiring of staff etc.

If your church is not open about major expenditure or is wasting money and not accounting for it. Protest, verbaly and in writing if it is not resolved, leave.

Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

devin553344

I believe in the Resurrection
Nov 10, 2015
Unkown
✟93,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How accountable are your churches to their members. The church I attend has 4 quarterly church meetings for members only. Apart from reports from the different church departments, ( sunday school, different aged youth groups, evangelism etc) there is a financial report with handouts showing last years budget, this years income and expenditre and this years budget figures.
Part of this report details all major purcheses or expenditure and any proposed purchase ie, church hall roof needs major repairs, estimates of cost are ????? and the meeting votes on whether to pay for those repairs/purchases/hiring of staff etc.

If your church is not open about major expenditure or is wasting money and not accounting for it. Protest, verbaly and in writing if it is not resolved, leave.

I really like your church's approach. It sounds like correct doctrine. Which church is it may I ask?

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that really having your priorities straight, or not...?

I mean, what if one day you couldn't pay for the building and had to shut down, and not be able to the good work...?

God Bless!
Let's say we couldn't make our mortgage and the bank foreclosed on our building. We could still do good works as private Catholics. I would be more concerned that we could not continue to meet as a body, because there would be no place for the thousands of families that make up our parish to meet. I would also be concerned for the many groups that we allow to use our premises for free that would end up without a place, such as AA, the Food Bank, NAMI, etc.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟960,497.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let's say we couldn't make our mortgage and the bank foreclosed on our building. We could still do good works as private Catholics. I would be more concerned that we could not continue to meet as a body, because there would be no place for the thousands of families that make up our parish to meet. I would also be concerned for the many groups that we allow to use our premises for free that would end up without a place, such as AA, the Food Bank, NAMI, etc.
Yeah, so you gotta take care of the foundation, losing your building would cause a lot less good work to be done I think...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟335,809.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sounds healthy. We have an annual meeting instead of quarterly meetings, but it similarly lists out the budget in some detail -- last year's actual budget, and the new year's proposed budget, both income and expenses.

Upvote 0

Kaneakua

Apr 21, 2017
Kaneohe
✟15,713.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Money money money money.....monnnneeeyyyy
Money is never the problem. Lack of knowledge and wisdom in regards to money is the problem. "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge..." good news is that ignorance is curable by actually studying the Word of God and replacing our wrong opinions about money with God's perfect opinion.

Upvote 0