I-can-see

Jan 12, 2010
Atlanta
✟7,917.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey, guys. Is it just me, or is the church begining to lose it's basic constitutional rights? We can't do ANYTHING in public anymore!
-_-

We can't teach christianity or talk about it at school. Yet gay people can teach you and your little brother that being gay is alright. >.>

What the hell?! *Public notice advisery...Hell is a christian term. Do not become offended by its usage. Thank you.*

I mean DAMN! *Damn is also a christian word. I stand strongly in my faith when these words are uttered, thank you.*

I mean SERIOUSLY! What the hell is going on with this damn world?!

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
is the church begining to lose it's basic constitutional rights?

No.

We can't do ANYTHING in public anymore!

Nothing at all, except:
Pass out tracts
Hold meetings
Worship
Protest
Evangelize
Vote
Campaign for/hold public office
Pray
Read the Bible

We can't teach christianity or talk about it at school.

Not true. Christianity is no more "banned" from public schools than pencils.
Ringo

Upvote 0

Zeru

one day at a time.
Feb 3, 2010
✟15,252.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
"Not true. Christianity is no more "banned" from public schools than pencils.
Ringo"

Ringo is right! I know that there is a prayer group at my school, and at schools where there haven't been formal prayer groups, a lot of students have an informal meeting place--some kids I know met up at the flagpole outside.
If you're worried about Christianity being removed from your school, maybe you could organize a prayer group or see if one already exists?

Upvote 0
M

MyOwnSheep

It sort of makes sense that there are some chatrooms and forums where religion isn't allowed. There are plenty for forums and chatrooms where religion and specifically christianity is encouraged and they are in fact there for that purpose. But crashing someone elses space and hijacking their topics to talk about something unrelated to the purpose of the place is rude. Most call it trolling, and yeah, it's not allowed.

I'm sure people here wouldn't be too chuffed if a band of scientists came here and posted in everywhich thread - prayer threads, testimony threads, etc - why creationism doesn't belong in science class. Or if a coven decided to start meeting here regularly and make posts to swap spells. It wouldn't be appropriate or polite. It would also be infringing on your freedom to have a Christian focussed online community monitored in a manner which your Christian moderators choose.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well there are some chatrooms and forums

Chat rooms and forums? Christians in China are being thrown in jail for simply owning a Bible. The American church has never experienced a loss of rights like that.

And other places where you're not allowed to talk about God.

Where?
Ringo

Upvote 0

Saved_Youth

May 16, 2008
Australia
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey, guys. Is it just me, or is the church begining to lose it's basic constitutional rights? We can't do ANYTHING in public anymore!
-_-

We can't teach christianity or talk about it at school. Yet gay people can teach you and your little brother that being gay is alright. >.>

What the hell?! *Public notice advisery...Hell is a christian term. Do not become offended by its usage. Thank you.*

I mean DAMN! *Damn is also a christian word. I stand strongly in my faith when these words are uttered, thank you.*

I think you need to visit the Christian persecution forum and see what real persecution is.

Upvote 0

BurningKnight

Fury Warrior of the Light
Jul 7, 2009
✟7,655.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Conservative
It is the bleeding National Secular Society that is spearheading the campaign of turning britain secular. even if faith is confined to private life, it will grow in numbers. Rather like a dandelion scattering its seeds (sorry about the swear word but I think some people should just let us get on with our lives and not interfere in our beliefs)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DoctorJosh

Jun 7, 2010
United States of America
✟564.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-_-

Christianity is under attack and even more so in today's world. It is almost every week I see something in the news about a child sent home from school for doing something Christian oriented. It is truly what separates Christians from all others and why more and more Christians prefer to home school their children or put them in a Christian School just because anything Christian can be seen as offending to a non-Christian, but when the non-Christians make the devil signs and curse using the Lords name in vain, they are not punished. On top of that, the Islamic's are building a mosque next to the spot where the World Trade Towers fell, yet we claim to be a Christian Nation. Why not a huge Christian Church there instead since this Country was founded by Christians? Christians are hunted down and killed in China, Christians are hunted down and killed in the Middle East and those Christians that do live there live in Christian communities and get the worst jobs and are treated like dirt. Then Prince Charles gets up and states everyone should turn to Islam to make the world better, but do they see Christians blowing themselves up to make a statement? The world is against Christians, the State and Governments want control over the Churches and we just have to be on our guard and do the best we can to keep Christianity safe. So I will wear my Cross in public, carry my Bible everywhere I go, play my Christian music in my car and home, and Pray in public. The Constitution said Freedom of Religion, but it never said Religion was limited to only our homes and Churches. Freedom of Religion means just that, Freedom. Which also follows under the Freedom of Speech. If others can worship and carry their symbols and logos to schools and in public, so can we. I am not offended by their religion, but when they tell me they are offended by mine, then I am offended by their remarks and them. Why more Christians do not file a law suit against public schools for the Freedom of Religion and Freedom of Speech is confusing to say the least. I guess most Christians are pacifists. They must not really care. I care. It affects us all. God Bless.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will wear my Cross in public, carry my Bible everywhere I go, play my Christian music in my car and home, and Pray in public.

Nobody has a problem with any of that as long as it's not disruptive.

it never said Religion was limited to only our homes and Churches. Freedom of Religion means just that, Freedom. Which also follows under the Freedom of Speech. If others can worship and carry their symbols and logos to schools and in public, so can we.

Right. Nobody disagrees about that.

You're arguing with a straw man, I'm afraid.
Ringo

Upvote 0

clep

May 1, 2010
✟7,852.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I remember as a child in school we used to pray every morning and read a passage of the bible. This was in public school.

I am a volunteer in my son's school. There is to be no talk of God there and praying is not encouraged. My son can pray before his lunch time, but he has to do it silently. I don't really have a problem with that as he can still pray silently and have the same effect. I guess I just recognize the slow but consistent desensitization regarding faith in society.

That desensitization promotes all sorts of things I would prefer my child to not be a part of or learn, but that is not my choice either.

I can sit an complain about the issues I see in the world or I can do something about it in my own life. My child knows that in our home and life we choose that homosexuality is not okay, we don't swear, we do our best to live by god's word. When my son sees obvious homosexual people showing affection to each other in public I am provided an opportunity to hopefully aid him in his walk with God. I can educate, answer his questions and do the best I can with what I have. If my best isn't good enough, God will aid me with that.

Everything can be a learning experience to teach myself, strengthen my own convictions and leave others to themselves.

Upvote 0

oi_antz

Opposed to Untruth.
Apr 26, 2010
New Zealand
✟7,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The world is engaging in Armageddon, that is what the Hell is going on and there certainly are some people seeking damnation in their actions by fighting against the supremacy of God.

Figuratively, the western world is trading righteousness for sin, such as promotion of sexual immorality and anti-christian attitudes. I believe the world is morphing into the image of "sodom and egypt" (Revelation 11:7-8), I see a lot of events of Revelation being revealed and I feel that soon The Lord will be invoked to fulfil the prophecy of the end times, but I also pray not.

On the other hand, there is a miraculous calling of God's people to battle. Notice that The Living God is The Lord of Word, with word He made the world and with word He will destroy evil. We are all called to be soldiers of Christ, to battle evil with our word of testimony of righteousness and truth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
-_-

Perhaps you should move to, say, Turkey, and see what real loss of rights for Christians looks like. :doh:

Upvote 0

bliz

Contributor
Jun 5, 2004
Here
✟14,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I remember as a child in school we used to pray every morning and read a passage of the bible. This was in public school.

What you had back then, and I did,too, was teacher lead Bible readings. Today's faculty members are much more diverse than in days past. How do feel about readiings from the Book of Morman? What about readings from the Koran or a Baahi' prayer? If you have classroom devotions, you have to accept everything that's out there.

I am a volunteer in my son's school. There is to be no talk of God there and praying is not encouraged. My son can pray before his lunch time, but he has to do it silently. I don't really have a problem with that as he can still pray silently and have the same effect. I guess I just recognize the slow but consistent desensitization regarding faith in society.

Under the Equal Access Act students have broad freedoms in public schools to, on their own time, discuss any subject they like. whenthere are free assignments (What I did last summer. What Christmas means to me. Give a persuavive speech.) students may discuss religion or non-religion.

If parents will not speak up to protect their students rights, they have no one to blame but themselves.

Upvote 0

laconicstudent

Sep 25, 2009
✟16,224.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

SimonD1

Dec 28, 2010
✟7,630.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
In Relationship
This kind of talk scares me so badly. Christianity is NOT "under attack" in the United States, and we are NOT a Christian nation. We are a nation founded under the separation of church and state.

Like others have said if you think the US is limiting the rights' of Christians then move to China

Upvote 0