Pelihat

Oct 9, 2016
Indonesia
✟24,028.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Four years have passed after the church burning incident in Aceh Singkil, but the conflict is still not over. In 2015, a mob burned and stoned the HKI Suka Makmur Church, because this church did not have a permit. Dozens of other churches have been demolished for the same reason.

The issue of church permits has not yet been resolved. According to the Qanun law in Aceh, the construction of churches must also be supported by Muslims - apart from Christians themselves.

The Christian population in this area continues to grow, but the church's permission has not increased.

As a result, Christians in Aceh Singkil now worship in 'tent churches', including other activities, such as Sunday School services. In the past four years, at least three emergency churches have moved locations, taking turns borrowing land belonging to one of the congregations.

"This is Aceh," said the Aceh Singkil Regent, Dul Musrid, when met at his office in the district capital, Singkil.

"Muslims have claimed that they are unlawful and cannot give support to the construction of places of worship. Because it is already considered a sin, it is the same as 'Muslims really help to build houses of worship for churches'," he said.

The conflict in 2015 was not the first to occur in Aceh Singkil. Since 1979, several conflicts related to the construction of churches have occurred in the regency, located near the border with North Sumatra.

Upvote 0

Paul4JC

the Sun of Righteousness will rise with healing
Apr 5, 2020
California
✟162,178.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Lord our hearts go out to your children in Aceh. They are enduring much persecution. Thank you for their faith, dispute all this opposition. Thanks that they are still able to have tent meetings. Bless their faith in you. Stop the spirit of opposition, and bring many of these persecutors to faith in Christ, even as you saved the Apostle Paul. Protect the believers in Aceh from evildoers. Meet their daily needs. Thank you are building a home for them. In Jesus name, Amen.

John 14:2 My Father’s house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you? 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another Passover-Holiday-related attack, against a Christian Church in Indonesia, by suicide bombers, closely timed with the recent terrorist-style attack against the "Jewish store" in Boulder, CO, during Passover preparations:

Indonesia Church Bombing Wounds 20 On Palm Sunday

Upvote 0