-
✟38,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because of work I often travel abroad. Thus I don't stick to Lutheran, anglican or any denomination for very long. I think church hopping at least in my experience is helpful to me. It makes me appreciate the fact that Jesus is universal Lord for all believers in different denomination. The overlap teaching btw denomination is vast, maybe there're different opinions here and there but they all teach the core teaching of the apostles.

If one is stuck too long in a church or denomination, it could turn out to be a bad thing. In Christ, there's no methodist Christian or Presbyterian Christian.

I think I can discern better when I compare and aware of the teaching and a culture of a church.

Last edited:

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟480,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Because of work I often travel abroad. Thus I don't stick to Lutheran, anglican or any denomination for very long. I think church hopping at least in my experience is helpful to me. It makes me appreciate the fact that Jesus is universal Lord for all believers in different denomination. The overlap teaching btw denomination is vast, maybe there're different opinions here and there but they all teach the core teaching of the apostles.

If one is stuck too long in a church or denomination, it could turn out to be a bad thing. In Christ, there's no methodist Christian or Presbyterian Christian.

I think I can discern better when I compare and aware of the teaching and a culture of a church.
It’s the doctrine that makes the difference, so it’s important to follow biblical Truth. While God has people in all denominations He is calling His people out of the false teachings Revelation 18:4 because we are called to worship God in Truth and Spirit John 4:23-24 and God’s Word is Truth and how we are sanctified. John 17:17. If your pastor is not teaching biblical Truth, it’s time to find another church/pastor, which is why it’s so important we read and understand the Bible for ourselves. God does have one people and there is one God and His people are those who follow His Word. Hebrews 8:10, Jeremiah 31:33, Revelation 14:12, Revelation 12:17 Revelation 22:14

Jesusthekingofking
Jesusthekingofking
Another denomination exist might not because they have the entirely different set of doctrine. Lutheran and anglican is so similar, Baptist and methodist isn't that far apart.
Upvote 0
SabbathBlessings
SabbathBlessings
What separates denominations is doctrine. I know there is a one world movement, but sadly, this sacrifices biblical Truth which is what we are called to follow.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I think I may try that!
Blessings

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For me its as He leads not me. Might be wise to pray seek Him for what He wants even if we can't go to just one Church. Just to hop around.. I don't know of one preacher that would like this. It can lead to divisions and backbiting and gossip.

Reactions: FaithT
Jesusthekingofking
Jesusthekingofking
Do you think the apostles care about which leader I follow as long as I uphold the apostles' teaching?

Acts 10:34–35 (ESV)
34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟156,935.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think church hopping is good when you’re on a mission to find a church home. So you check out lots of different churches to find one that fits. But after you do, I think it’s best to stick with it. As least for awhile. I don’t agree with going to one church after another week after week like the OP does, though I think someone said I was church hopping when I couldn’t make up my mind which Church I wanted as my church home.

Reactions: The Liturgist
Jesusthekingofking
Jesusthekingofking
home church? is there a such thing in the bible? does the apostles teach it and practice it? early church often move from one place to another due to persecution.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

Tigger45

Pray like your life depends on it!
Site Supporter
Aug 24, 2012
E. Eden
✟1,273,104.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have pretty much attended every Christian denomination at least a few times if not for an extended period of time and have gleaned a lot experientially from the practice. Although the term ‘church hopping’ carries a negative connotation of not being able to commit to any particular local congregation and it’s vision as a body of believers. With my prior history of experiencing a wide range of denominations when I do move to a new area I make it a point to get connected with a specific local body but will still utilize other local congregations when needed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟71,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Because of work I often travel abroad.
I like to attend different churches when I travel. I have been to churches where every person in the church talked to me to make me feel welcome. Also.I have seen churches where no one talked to me.

Upvote 0