Church extends neighborly welcome to mosque

FallenPaladin

Jul 23, 2010
✟1,010.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why do you think this group of Muslims want to kill the members of that church?

Why do you think Muslims who follow Mohammad's example would not want to enslave, kill or tax members of other religions? Here is a hint, read what he told his followers to do.

Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

The Lady Kate,
I suspect we're about to see a conservative do the same thing.
On the contrary all scripture is God breathed and useful.

And here I thought God wanted everyone to come to know Him...
I assumed you would realise that those who were not yet to be challenged had already been challenged and either accepted or rejected.

Upvote 0

soblessed53

Sep 4, 2005
North Central,OH.U.S.A.
✟19,666.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
And historically speaking, what have Christians/Jews done to those in their domain who choose not to convert?

Besides the Crusades which happened "WHEN" ?there is absolutely no comparison to the slaughter by Islamists historically and JUST THIS YEAR now REFUTE THAT!:mad:

Upvote 0

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟33,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Besides the Crusades which happened "WHEN" ?there is absolutely no comparison to the slaughter by Islamists historically and JUST THIS YEAR now REFUTE THAT!:mad:

The number of deaths caused by the crusades between roughly 1095 and 1291 is estimated to be 9 million when the population of the entire world was estimated to be 300 million, so the crusades killed about 3% of humankind.

Currently the world population is estimated at rougly 6,8 billion. 3% of that is about 204 million. I highly doubt muslim extremism has caused that many deaths in the past two centuries, let alone this year.

Upvote 0

Ar Cosc

I only exist on the internet
Jul 12, 2010
Scotland
✟3,511.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats

Em, besides the followers of your One True God murdering their way across the Middle East, according the the bible.

Besides the Inquisitions

Besides the Thirty Years War

Besides the Rape of Drogheda

Besides the conflict in Northern Ireland

Yeah, christians are all squeaky-clean and have never done anything wrong.

(What? You told me to refute!)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SithDoughnut

The Agnostic, Ignostic, Apatheistic Atheist
Jan 2, 2010
The Death Starbucks
✟18,474.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Em, besides the followers of your One True God murdering their way across the Middle East, according the the bible.

Besides the Inquisitions

Besides the Thirty Years War

Besides the Rape of Drogheda

Besides the conflict in Northern Ireland

Yeah, christians are all squeaky-clean and have never done anything wrong.

(What? You told me to refute!)

You missed out the treatment of the non-Christian locals in the various countries that were colonised.

And this lot.

Every group has it's bad apples. It appears that some Christians on here need to come to terms with that, instead of going "well, [insert other group here] were worse!" It's the equivalent of telling a child off and them saying "He did it first!"

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

The Lady Kate,
On the contrary all scripture is God breathed and useful.

Then I say God bless this church for putting Christ's words into practice... what do you say?

I assumed you would realise that those who were not yet to be challenged had already been challenged and either accepted or rejected.

I don't "realize" that those who haven't been challenged have already been challenged because it makes no sense whatsoever.

Either God wants everyone to come to Him or He does not. Which is it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

The Lady Kate

"Historically"? How much time must pass before history stops being historical?

And please, if you can't discuss what's historical without getting histerical, discussing anything with you is going to be equal parts futile and pointless.

Reactions: moonkitty
Upvote 0
P

Phinehas2

The Lady Kate,
Then I say God bless this church for putting Christ's words into practice... what do you say?
Sorry no, this particular point I was making was concerning believing all scripture, all scripture is God breathed. So show me the words of Christ (any NT teaching) that this church is putting into practice by allowing worship and prayer to other gods in a church building or temple. The problem is prayers are being offered to a god which denies Jesus Christ in a building that is dedicated to the glory of God. It seems a potential bridge builder but isnt.

Either God wants everyone to come to Him or He does not. Which is it?
God wants everyone to come to Him through Jesus Christ, Islam is a direct barrier to that because it denies Jesus Christ as the truth, the way and the life, and no one comes to the Father God except through Christ.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

The Lady Kate,
Sorry no, this particular point I was making was concerning believing all scripture, all scripture is God breathed. So show me the words of Christ (any NT teaching) that this church is putting into practice by allowing worship and prayer to other gods in a church building or temple. The problem is prayers are being offered to a god which denies Jesus Christ in a building that is dedicated to the glory of God. It seems a potential bridge builder but isnt.

Kind of like when the Samaritan helped the Jew who had been abandoned by his own people and left to die? (Except possibly not so dramatic)

A "church" is four walls, a roof, and possibly some stained glass, nothing more. It is the actions of the people that dedicate it to the glory of God.

These people's actions show the grace of God by offering charity to those who need it, not just those you think deserve it.

God wants everyone to come to Him through Jesus Christ, Islam is a direct barrier to that because it denies Jesus Christ as the truth, the way and the life, and no one comes to the Father God except through Christ.

Which means nothing here. Perhaps one day, a church will burn to the ground, and the only available space to pray will be at the local mosque... but the Imam will refuse. Perhaps the Muslims there will remember what happened here.

It may very well be that God is using this church to reach out to the Muslims... I'm willing to give God the credit for helping (some) people see past their prejudices and recognize a people in need, whoever they are.

Upvote 0