✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Any justification for the arson?

I'll await the outcome of the investigation. For all I know this is a false flag insurance job replete with crisis actors.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,060.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Reading the article it seems that the members have the commitment and resources to rebuild, so maintaining a loving attitude through this challenging time will be paramount.

So getting upset may not be the best reaction, as it will be a brilliant opportunity to show Jesus love to the community.

I remember when the Baptist church in Jerusalem was burned down by Jewish extremists.

The Jewish community rallied around and supported the rebuild.

This was because the Pastor was well respected in Israel as a top Hebrew scholar.

So see this as an opportunity to show His love, and by so doing, gain social respect and maybe even a few converts.

Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0

Tanj

Redefined comfortable middle class
Mar 31, 2017
Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This is pretty fishy. I’m with @Tanj , I’ll wait for the investigation.

Time between church complaining about closures and burning: 1 month. This is definitely an inside job.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Apparently someone burned down a church in Mississippi because they expressed a desire to hold services.

Graffiti was left on the parking lot expressing "Bet you stay home now hypokrits"

Who will join me in being very upset over this?

Pastor says arsonist burned down church because congregants want to worship in person amid COVID-19 pandemic
What about the freedom of people who want to start fires? That's a constitutional right! Are you advocating for a commie government to tell people that they can't use fire? What next, I try to cook something on my gas range and you will have your jackbooted thugs from the government throw me in jail???

This country is out of control - now we're not allowed to use fire at all.

How about this - if you're afraid of fire, DON'T USE IT. But don't impose what you want on ME and destroy MY FREEDOMS. Nobody said you have to use fire. If I want to or someone else wants to that's their FREEDOM to do so. Are you against freedom?

• Winner
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0