• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Church attendance necessary?

Discussion in 'Prayer Wall' started by soulsisterclaire, Mar 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fieldmouse3

fieldmouse3 Contributor

+58
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    I'm glad you posted this thread; it's something I've wondered about myself. I know I needed to work on my own, personal relationship with God before I began looking for a church, so I would be able to resist false teachings, should I run into any in my search.

2. patriarch

patriarch Senior Member

+4
    Catholic
    These quotes of our Lord were given in two entirely different contexts. In the one, he is being tempted to turn stones into bread, and in the other he is giving a teaching on the Eucharist. The meaning of the passage from John 6 becomes crystal clear when He says over the bread at the last Supper, "This is my body," and over the wine, "This is my blood."

Keep in mind too, that this was at the passover dinner, in which the Jews were to partake of a lamb without blemish, not only a type of Our Lord, but a type of our Lord in the Eucharist.

Yet it is true, that all these eucharistic teachings are words that come from the mouth of God, by which you may live. He is in fact the Word of God made flesh, which if you eat will give you eternal life, for not by bread alone does man live, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.

3. soulsisterclaire

soulsisterclaire JESUS DIED FOR YOU & ME

+0
    :confused: Sorry, You lost me. I do not understand what you are saying. Can you say it in simpler terms please?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.