Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So, being a college student, I work weekends to sustain my apartment. I'm a music major, and my school schedule doesn't allow me to work during the week with my current job. (One which I love very much and hope to continue once I graduate) Problem being, I can't attend church with this schedule!

So I'd like to make some new friends! I'm trying to get involved with the church groups in my area (but some of them aren't for me). Sooo consider this a second introduction? I'd love to build a small group of friends I can actively discuss and build community with. Maybe a few of you guys would like to do a weekly bible study or just connect? I'd just really love to meet some new christian friends, because I don't have too many where I'm at. Hit me up. <3

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would love that! It is always enjoyable to make new connections! I understand college can be quite the schedule absorber- and working a job as well! I am doing the same at the present moment. It sure can be a challenge. Be sure to make time for just you and God- even if it seems you don't have the time. Stay up a half an hour later if need be. While you may be afraid of depriving yourself of sleep, I can assure you that you will feel much better after time with God. He has a way of reducing stress ;)

• Agree
Reactions: KaieraAi
Upvote 0

KaieraAi

Sep 6, 2017
Painted Post
✟9,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I would love that! It is always enjoyable to make new connections! I understand college can be quite the schedule absorber- and working a job as well! I am doing the same at the present moment. It sure can be a challenge. Be sure to make time for just you and God- even if it seems you don't have the time. Stay up a half an hour later if need be. While you may be afraid of depriving yourself of sleep, I can assure you that you will feel much better after time with God. He has a way of reducing stress ;)

I've recently re-committed myself to doing devotionals every day. I found a really good one through the youversion bible app, that was technically a new years 'bible in one year' plan, but I'm finding the messages for each day are really aligning with exactly what I need right now. What are some other ways you stay committed with a busy schedule?

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I've recently re-committed myself to doing devotionals every day. I found a really good one through the youversion bible app, that was technically a new years 'bible in one year' plan, but I'm finding the messages for each day are really aligning with exactly what I need right now. What are some other ways you stay committed with a busy schedule?

I often times stay up later than I should and get up earlier than I should. It is a well-known fact that starting and ending your day with God alone is the best way to live a happier, healthier life. I push myself to make time for just Him even when it seems like there is none. And yes, fellow students, that includes staying up much later than necessary and occasionally getting up at 4:30 am. But let me tell you, it is worth every second of my time :D

Upvote 0

Zoey <3

Considering Catholicism
Site Supporter
Mar 21, 2017
Ohio
✟74,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Also: When you are unsure of what to read, I find it easiest and most beneficial to simply ask the Holy Spirit and observe for a response. Sometimes you have to move through your Bible until it just feels right. Sometimes he will directly tell you what book and/or chapter to read. It helps to learn how to listen to Him as well as talk to Him. It took time, but a relationship is to be two-sided. We are to listen as well as speak. I hope this helps you @KaieraAi . Always remember His will is better than our will :preach:

Upvote 0