• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Church and Ritual Abuse

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have a hard time going to church still. I have a lot of bad memories from what my torturer did to me during church.
Now that I am free, I still have anxiety going to church. Sometimes I sit in the church lobby, where I feel safer, and I listen to the sermon on the speakers.
Tomorrow is Sunday and I will be going to church, I feel extreme anxiety. Tonight I started crying thinking about what she did to me. She showed me no compassion and tormented me so severely.
I brought a top to wear to church a few days ago. It is supposed to make me feel better at church. It is long sleeves and has blue and rose colored flowers on it. I will wear it tomorrow and I hope it makes me feel better. I can't stop crying at the moment. My pain is very bad. But I know Jesus is with me.

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I have a hard time going to church still. I have a lot of bad memories from what my torturer did to me during church.
Now that I am free, I still have anxiety going to church. Sometimes I sit in the church lobby, where I feel safer, and I listen to the sermon on the speakers.
Tomorrow is Sunday and I will be going to church, I feel extreme anxiety. Tonight I started crying thinking about what she did to me. She showed me no compassion and tormented me so severely.
I brought a top to wear to church a few days ago. It is supposed to make me feel better at church. It is long sleeves and has blue and rose colored flowers on it. I will wear it tomorrow and I hope it makes me feel better. I can't stop crying at the moment. My pain is very bad. But I know Jesus is with me.

:heart: Praying that God's presence and His grace and protection are evident, Rose, and that the lovely new top that you bought is like a cloak of grace and healing for you. May His peace encompass you round about and fill you to overflowing, precious. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

Bluerose31

Christian Flower
Site Supporter
Mar 27, 2017
US
✟419,338.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
:heart: Praying that God's presence and His grace and protection are evident, Rose, and that the lovely new top that you bought is like a cloak of grace and healing for you. May His peace encompass you round about and fill you to overflowing, precious. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))
Thank you so much Brinny. I could feel God with me at church today. I felt safe. Thank you so much for your prayers. God bless you.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,246.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Thank you so much Brinny. I could feel God with me at church today. I felt safe. Thank you so much for your prayers. God bless you.

:heart: Praise God!!!!! :clap:

Upvote 0