Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
King Hezekiah used the pagan Ankh on his bulla/seal. He redeemed that image from paganism so even if Easter or whatever is pagan it can be redeemed for God's purposes. Hezekiah was considered a faithful King for restoring Temple worship.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Reactions: Arsenios
Upvote 0

Innerfire89

Jul 17, 2017
Newton
✟13,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The pastor of my church (PCA) always uses the term Resurrection Sunday and that's what were celebrating, Christ resurrection and nothing else. More than anything I think it's important for the children not to be distracted by bunnies, candy, and hunting eggs, the focus should be on the resurrection of Christ, which should be highly respected and shown to the children as something to be serious about.

But like you pointed out, Christ resurrection should be honoured daily, it is why were Christians.

Reactions: Heavenhome
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
We DO celebrate Passover, Unleavened bread and First Fruits.
The latter is when we celebrate HIS Resurrection.

Do you not see Christ as the NEW Pascha? So that our bread is no longer unleavened, but leavened, because His Body is no longer the flight from the evils of sin's enslavement [Egypt], but is instead the breaking of the bonds of Hades itself, and the entry of the New Body into the Promised Land, which is not now geographical Israel, but the Kingdom of Heaven itself...

As Paul said:
1 Cor 15.20 But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. 21 For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. 22 For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive. 23 But each in his own order: Christ the first fruits, after that those who are Christ’s at His coming,

Christ as First-Fruit is the fulfillment of of the Promise, for He is the only man to overcome the world in His Own Body, and we in Him can also overcome the world...

Did you say you celebrate the OLD Pascha? And if yes, why not the NEW? And why unleavened bread, as the Latins also do?

Arsenios

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Arsenios

Russian Orthodox Winter Baptism, Valaam Monastery,
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2015
Washington
✟151,120.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
The pastor of my church (PCA) always uses the term Resurrection Sunday and that's what were celebrating, Christ resurrection and nothing else. More than anything I think it's important for the children not to be distracted by bunnies, candy, and hunting eggs, the focus should be on the resurrection of Christ, which should be highly respected and shown to the children as something to be serious about.

But like you pointed out, Christ resurrection should be honoured daily, it is why were Christians.
We solve the focus issue for our kids by subjecting them to the Midnight Pascha Service, which most of them find a way to get a nap in, then the breaking of the 54 day fast in a great early morning celebration, then to bed by 3-4AM, then up for the great Easter Egg Hunt after bacon and eggs and cream and milk and all the stuff we have been forsaking! Normally 10-11ish AM... Service at noon, then the great feast with roast lamb, beef, chicken, sausages, cheeses, candies, and all the rest...

And no fasting for 10 days... But no gluttonizing either, mind you... We pray...

It is all a big deal... The greatest Fast and the greatest Feast of the entire Liturgical Calendar year... And then re-set for the next year...

Arsenios

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The pastor of my church (PCA) always uses the term Resurrection Sunday

That's quite common in Presbyterian circles.

More than anything I think it's important for the children not to be distracted by bunnies, candy, and hunting eggs, the focus should be on the resurrection of Christ

Agreed. I would also point out that there is a recent trend to make and/or hunt for Easter Story stones, instead of eggs.

Easter-Story-Stones-Bible-Craft-Pin-410x1024.jpg

Reactions: Innerfire89
Upvote 0