Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
My cat is about 10 now, and he may have had this problem his entire life. Basically his left eye is often not quite as open as his right eye and he gets a little dried goop in the corner of his eye every few days. This makes me think something is slightly irritating his left eye. I've been aware of this for years, but I guess I've never considered the possibility of curing it. I always assumed it was a genetic defect.

Anybody else had this sort of problem with their cat?

• Prayers
Reactions: gerbilwoman

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
QUOTE="cloudyday2, post: 72074529, member: 311563"]My cat is about 10 now, and he may have had this problem his entire life. Basically his left eye is often not quite as open as his right eye and he gets a little dried goop in the corner of his eye every few days. This makes me think something is slightly irritating his left eye. I've been aware of this for years, but I guess I've never considered the possibility of curing it. I always assumed it was a genetic defect.

Anybody else had this sort of problem with their cat?
[/QUOTE
Yes.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
topical (oral is fine for most also) olive oil
same for colloidal silver
do a little research for frequency etc
-----------------
same for on food a 1/4 tsp minced garlic daily
A long time many cats cat owner uses this even with kittens (some professionals object)
says they never get worms nor fleas, [almost never anyway]

• Informative
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
You can also wipe it with some pink salt water. Do pet stores carry eye drops?
That is kind of what I was wondering about too. Sometimes his eye looks just fine, and other times it seems like it might be irritated and swollen.

I always thought there was nothing I could do about it, but maybe I need to be putting eye drops in his eye. Maybe he is getting germs in that eye when he cleans himself. IDK

Upvote 0

Ancient of Days

Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2017
Mn.
✟138,689.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Do some research and try to find out if it is Viral or bacterial. In humans with pink eye which can be bacterial, Golden seal drops are a cure. The alcohol free works the best. My wife had pink eye and the Golden seal cured it within a few hours. This may not be the cure but its something along those lines.

Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0