missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus could have any length of hair he wanted to have.
Christ can do anything ,this is a true statement friend! The question though is would He do things contrary to Scripture? Please read the article , if it errors please tell me where and why. Personally I believe we shouldn't make imeages of Christ, because He don't look like He did before His death. Thus any image you make is in vain. IMHO

• Agree
Reactions: Mathetes66
Upvote 0

Gregory95

You will know them by their fruits
Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Read post 4 my brother.
YOU SHOULD BE MORE INTERESTED IN WHAT HE LOOKS LIKE OF THE SPIRIT, AND FEEL IT, WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE HERE(PHYSICAL FORM) HAS NO BEARING,,AND WHY NO ONE KNOWS, YOU WILL NEVER KNOW WHAT HE LOOKED LIKE,, AND THIERS A REASON.. THE SAME REASON ALL OF MOSES TRACKS WERE COVERED,

Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Christ can do anything ,this is a true statement friend! The question though is would He do things contrary to Scripture?

There is nothing contrary to scripture about Christ having "long hair".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Once again my friend, read the article and tell me where it errors please.

The entire thing is in error. Nothing there applies to Christ nor having "long hair" which wasn't actually very long anyways.

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Some interesting historical minutiae, but nothing more.
Thank you for your input my friend, what brought you to that conclusion? As the artical gives every angle I've seen to justify mainstreams veiw of Christ and counters it.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Thank you for your input my friend, what brought you to that conclusion? As the artical gives every angle I've seen to justify mainstreams veiw of Christ and counters it.

How he looked does not impact my acceptance of him as the Christ. I realize that may not be the case for everyone. If so, I would be curious to know why his appearance affects how they perceive him. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss those choices until I understood them better.

• Winner
Reactions: Gregory95
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How he looked does not impact my acceptance of him as the Christ. I realize that may not be the case for everyone. If so, I would be curious to know why his appearance affects how they perceive him. I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss those choices until I understood them better.
Ah I understand friend, if you look at my earlier post. I agree His earthly body isn't of a concern. however I bring this up because,
1. Mainstream churches promote imeages of what they "think" Christ looked like in earthly form.

2. They almost always promote Him with hair of a woman

Simply put im trying to get people to do some thinking.
1. Why are mainstream "churches" such pushers of something that in its natural form don't matter. (Christ said His sheep will know Him, a picture isnt necessarily and I don't see why it would be wanted, unless they know exactly what they are doing or just care more for tradition of men then Scripture)

2. People should ask why the mainstream "churches" not only promote a image , they put the hair of a woman on Him , is this a deep rooted idea to mock Christ? Or once again are they just more interested in tradition then Scripture.

Upvote 0

Resha Caner

Expert Fool
Sep 16, 2010
✟155,600.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
1. Mainstream churches promote imeages of what they "think" Christ looked like in earthly form.
2. They almost always promote Him with hair of a woman

I've never seen a church "promoting" a particular image as you claim. It's simply that many people are naturally visual (me included). Seeing a picture can help conceptualize the story.

Further, long hair doesn't necessarily imply the "hair of a woman". Were Samson or John the Baptist, who were sworn to not cut their hair, promoting the "hair of a woman"?

Upvote 0

Gregory95

Jan 15, 2019
missouri
✟37,762.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've never seen a church "promoting" a particular image as you claim. It's simply that many people are naturally visual (me included). Seeing a picture can help conceptualize the story.

Further, long hair doesn't necessarily imply the "hair of a woman". Were Samson or John the Baptist, who were sworn to not cut their hair, promoting the "hair of a woman"?
really? ive never seen one that didnt. Also Samson is explained in the OT he was not under normal circumstances as the rest of the Bible shows, John the baptist had long hair I've read the NT more then once and take notes never seen this?

Upvote 0