Christology (Sex, Marriage, Patriarchy, Maternal Protection)

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
When you study the B-I-B-L-E, you are studying about the ONE it Reveals.

Yup... John 5:39

Let’s put this verse in CONTEXT.

Imagine... I whip up a frenzy of unpopularity, by declaring a statement like the following...

Hey everybody... You know that book, the Bible... I’m the main Character of that book! You guys study it all the time because you want eternal life... well, that’s a reference to me.

Christology is the most important aspect of Theology. If you mess it up, it’s like sending a Missile to Mars, and misaiming it by a whole mile before it even launches from the earth. What I’m getting at, is that Missile will miss Mars by an exponential distance beyond comprehension, by the time it flies it’s entire journey.

So... let’s get to it!

God uses Marriage as a symbol of His unity with Humanity! This is a key to remember when reading Scripture.

God uses Sex as a symbol of our connection to God. This is a key to remember when reading scripture.

God uses Patriarchy as a symbol of His leadership, strength and provision to humanity. This is a key to remember when reading scripture.

God uses Maternal Protection as a symbol of His LOVE towards humanity. This is a key to remember when reading scripture.

Discuss, or let this thread plummet into oblivion. :)

Last edited:

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
We'll I'll give this thread some love...

Lets take a look at what Jesus says about Marriage in Matthew 19:4-6

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

Jesus reminds his followers that God made humans in His own image and he created them Male and Female. Each is unique and of equal value in the eyes of God. Men and women are designed for each other, and to be parents. The union of a husband and wife also creates a new life. Sex belongs in the context of the marriage between the context of the husband and wife. Anything outside of this the Bible calls sin.

Being created in God's Image, Men and Woman reflect different aspects of God's character. The masculine and feminine qualities that God created are a reflection of who God is. Humans are the apex of God's creation.

Humans reflect God's image in the creativity. The fact that they can invent, create works of art, compose music, write literature and build cities reflects the image of their Creator. No other creature in the created order has these abilities. Dolphins and Elephants are purported to have bigger brains, but they do not have the creative powers that Humans have. It is because Humans are created in the Image of God.

The marriage itself classically is seen as Christ relationship to the church. Christ protects the church.
Ephesians 5:31-32 -
31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the Church.

This scripture when carefully studied speaks of Christs sacrifice. He sacrificed Himself for the Church. He doesn't walk all over His Bride.

So ideally a Christian marriage, the husband should be loving and willing he sacrifice Himself for his wife like Christ did for the church and the wife should respect her husband and the decisions he makes-- Not pick at him if he has to work late for example.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: Grip Docility
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We'll I'll give this thread some love...

Hooray! Gratitude!

Lets take a look at what Jesus says about Marriage in Matthew 19:4-6

Straight to the source.

4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

You zeroed in on the proof text, perfectly!

Jesus reminds his followers that God made humans in His own image and he created them Male and Female.

Yes!

Each is unique and of equal value in the eyes of God. Men and women are designed for each other, and to be parents. The union of a husband and wife also creates a new life. Sex belongs in the context of the marriage between the context of the husband and wife. Anything outside of this the Bible calls sin.

Exactly! This is the foundation of much scripture where God gets radically OT in His verbiage... and much of John, Paul, James and Peter Draw from these exact principles!

Being created in God's Image, Men and Woman reflect different aspects of God's character. The masculine and feminine qualities that God created are a reflection of who God is. Humans are the apex of God's creation.

Absolutely! This is exactly what scripture reveals. The Authority Of the Father and the nurturing Love of a mother.

Humans reflect God's image in the creativity. The fact that they can invent, create works of art, compose music, write literature and build cities reflects the image of their Creator. No other creature in the created order has these abilities. Dolphins and Elephants are purported to have bigger brains, but they do not have the creative powers that Humans have. It is because Humans are created in the Image of God.

This is beautiful, on point and exceedingly amazing to ponder.

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
There is also the very sad marriage illustration in the book of Hosea where God commands Hosea to take a Harlot as a wife.

Hosea 1:2 2 The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea. And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord.

This was to be a picture of the unfaithfulness of the Nation of Israel to God during that time period. They were following after idols instead of of God. So God uses this marriage as a picture of the condition of the nation.

Marriage is a fairly common illustration in the Bible--and cover your eye--Sex is also used and a illustration in both a positive and negative light. In the Song of Solomon it is positive. In the book the Ezekiel the are some pretty disgusting word pictures. I won't repeat them here. The Bible is a pretty frank book.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There is also the very sad marriage illustration in the book of Hosea where God commands Hosea to take a Harlot as a wife

This is one of the most painful to read and exceedingly critical to read books in scripture!

Hosea 1:2 2 The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea. And the Lord said to Hosea, Go, take unto thee a wife of whoredoms and children of whoredoms: for the land hath committed great whoredom, departing from the Lord.

This is so on point! God literally is expressing that He is suffering from a broken heart as a Groom that has been betrayed by His Bride... and is even more upset that His Bride is suffering at the hand of the one’s she kept running to.

This was to be a picture of the unfaithfulness of the Nation of Israel to God during that time period. They were following after idols instead of of God. So God uses this marriage as a picture of the condition of the nation.

This is the most powerful place in scripture that we see this! God, Almighty, Creator is bound in Love to an Unfaithful Love. This makes me sad and amazed! God continually displays opportunity to learn and a call to return! It’s mind boggling!

Marriage is a fairly common illustration in the Bible--and cover your eye--Sex is also used and a illustration in both a positive and negative light. In the Song of Solomon it is positive. In the book the Ezekiel the are some pretty disgusting word pictures. I won't repeat them here. The Bible is a pretty frank book.

True beyond measure! The Bible peels the paint off of some of the most condemned writings in history! God, indeed, had all recorded with honesty that is so vivid, it never fails to shock, awe and inspire!

Upvote 0

St. Helens

I stand with Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
CF Staff Trainer
Site Supporter
Jul 24, 2007
Lower Slower Minnesota
✟1,225,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Because of God's honesty on this topic, we get a full and complete picture of what He expects of us. Sex is a sacred thing intended for the marriage bed. It is sacred because there is the potential there for creating a new life--a life that is also created in the Image of God. Human life is precious. There is no price tag that you can hang on a human life. Sure they'll say a human body is worth in total 99 cents. But that frame houses a mind and soul that a beyond worldly worth.

Everything about human design, and the marriage between and man and woman reflect the character of God. It reflects His care.

The Song of Solomon was written by Solomon, but it is an excellent illustration of the relationship between husband and wife, but also the relationship between Christ and his Church. There is a tenderness there.

Song of Solomon 1:4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

This is the marriage bed and it is painted in the beautiful a wholesome fashion. Now Ezekiel chapter 23 I won't repeat as the prophet describes his nation's adulteries. It will curl your toenails.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟84,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Because of God's honesty on this topic, we get a full and complete picture of what He expects of us. Sex is a sacred thing intended for the marriage bed. It is sacred because there is the potential there for creating a new life--a life that is also created in the Image of God. Human life is precious. There is no price tag that you can hang on a human life. Sure they'll say a human body is worth in total 99 cents. But that frame houses a mind and soul that a beyond worldly worth.

This is so very true!

Everything about human design, and the marriage between and man and woman reflect the character of God. It reflects His care.

Amen!

The Song of Solomon was written by Solomon, but it is an excellent illustration of the relationship between husband and wife, but also the relationship between Christ and his Church. There is a tenderness there.

This is the way to read it that genuinely brings out how very tenderly Christ Loves us!

Song of Solomon 1:4 Draw me, we will run after thee: the king hath brought me into his chambers: we will be glad and rejoice in thee, we will remember thy love more than wine: the upright love thee.

This is the marriage bed and it is painted in the beautiful a wholesome fashion. Now Ezekiel chapter 23 I won't repeat as the prophet describes his nation's adulteries. It will curl your toenails.

Ezekiel 23. Lol! That one is where you get a clear picture of how upset God was!

And... Song Of Solomon has caused me to hear God’s Love for all of us in every good Love song I’ve ever heard! :). I can’t escape it!

Upvote 0