Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I didn't see the word "eggnog" throughout that entire post. Are you sure you're doing Christmas right?

Is eggnog an American thing? All the references I can think to it are from American TV shows. I've never had it (which I'm saying at the risk of confirming your impression of me as a weirdo), nor do I know anyone who makes it.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟831,860.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Is eggnog an American thing? All the references I can think to it are from American TV shows. I've never had it (which I'm saying at the risk of confirming your impression of me as a weirdo), nor do I know anyone who makes it.
It must be lol. Oh and you were a weirdo long before this.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Trust me. You're not missing much.

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well, this Christmas Day I'll be spending it in Blue Ridge, Georgia. Hopefully it'll get cold enough to snow a little and I'll get to see snow for the first time. But I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

In any case, it'll be nice.

Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟146,607.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Thought I'd share some of my Christmas drawings from the last several years. :)

bTEfD1S.png

tDz49nC.png

munlnvy.jpg

N5Un7Pz.png

S3ZcNSG.png

rAnUBeg.png

V9qCEII.png

RioR6T9.png

baUzJxV.png

Upvote 0

Paulie079

Supporter
May 5, 2014
✟238,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I know, I know! It's not even Thanksgiving and I am talking about Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Thanksgiving but I'm already in the Christmas mood!! SOOOOOO that being said, who else is in the holiday mood and what do you do during this time of year? Do you have a favorite carol? Do you have special or memorable holiday traditions? Do you watch a certain movie every year? Spill the beans and let's talk about everything to do with Christmas! :)

My family doesn't have a ton of really meaningful traditions. We just tend to go to church on Christmas Eve and then open gifts afterwards, and it's probably the best and most enjoyable time we spend together all year. I am always trying to buy gifts that are a bit outside the box and largely ignore Christmas lists lol. I would like to establish some more unique traditions when I have my own family in the future, but I appreciate what I have now. The Christmas Eve service at church is by far my favorite. It's going to be a little bit more crazy for me this year since I'm going to be the one leading the music at those services (we're having a Christmas service Sunday morning and a Christmas Eve service in the evening).

Favorite carol is definitely O Holy Night too :)

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
My family doesn't have a ton of really meaningful traditions. We just tend to go to church on Christmas Eve and then open gifts afterwards, and it's probably the best and most enjoyable time we spend together all year. I am always trying to buy gifts that are a bit outside the box and largely ignore Christmas lists lol. I would like to establish some more unique traditions when I have my own family in the future, but I appreciate what I have now. The Christmas Eve service at church is by far my favorite. It's going to be a little bit more crazy for me this year since I'm going to be the one leading the music at those services (we're having a Christmas service Sunday morning and a Christmas Eve service in the evening).

Favorite carol is definitely O Holy Night too :)
O Holy Night is an awesome song!

I think it's great that you want to establish new traditions and honestly I think every family should do this to some degree. I know I'd like to start some new traditions whenever I get married. I wouldn't want my husband having to accept all of my traditions and such. It's better combining/blending/creating your own.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sunshineforJesus

is so in love with God
Feb 19, 2014
Sterling Ct
✟709,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love Christmas and have been decorating and
am halfway done with my Christmas shopping. My mom
lets me be in charge of all the decorating and wrapping since I am so into it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
My daughter came over to my house and baked while her husband was studying for his finals.

She baked some generic chocolate chip Tollhouse cookies from a package so her son could help and then made some homemade cookies that were simply amazing! They were oatmeal coconut white chocolate chip cookies. Just delicious! she said the secret was using almond extract. I love oatmeal and I love coconut, which are two very polarizing ingredients. Either you love them or you hate them. If you love them, then these cookies are the holy grail of cookies, LOL.

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
They were oatmeal coconut white chocolate chip cookies. Just delicious! she said the secret was using almond extract. I love oatmeal and I love coconut, which are two very polarizing ingredients. Either you love them or you hate them. If you love them, then these cookies are the holy grail of cookies, LOL.
I NEED to try these cookies!
:aarh:

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟206,708.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
baking or Christmas cards yet. :confused:

I misread that at first as baking our Christmas cards, but I'm glad it was my poor reading skills rather than you wanting to put your cards in the oven.

Upvote 0