Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I know, I know! It's not even Thanksgiving and I am talking about Christmas. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Thanksgiving but I'm already in the Christmas mood!! SOOOOOO that being said, who else is in the holiday mood and what do you do during this time of year? Do you have a favorite carol? Do you have special or memorable holiday traditions? Do you watch a certain movie every year? Spill the beans and let's talk about everything to do with Christmas! :)

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't think we can be friends anymore. I didn't know you were capable of starting a Christmas thread before Thanksgiving. It's blasphemous, unbecoming, and quite frankly, not Christianly. I'm disappointed and may God have mercy on your soul.

Upvote 0

Travelers.Soul

Traveler; Dreamer; Warrior; Coffee lover
Aug 15, 2010
Land of the Horse
✟132,318.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't think we can be friends anymore. I didn't know you were capable of starting a Christmas thread before Thanksgiving. It's blasphemous, unbecoming, and quite frankly, not Christianly. I'm disappointed and may God have mercy on your soul.
In the words of Rachel Lynde on Anne of Green Gables (1985)....
"That's not CHRISTIAN!"

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟123,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I love Christmas:)

It is still early, but I found myself starting to get festive and thinking about the holidays a few days ago. I like all the classic Christmas films, but It’s a Wonderful life and A Christmas Carol are a must. My favorite Carol is “What Child is This?,” but I love all the traditional carols. Some years my brother and I play various carol duets (violin/ piano ). I also love listening to the Messiah.

Christmas baking and big holiday dinners are tradition in my family :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟836,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I love Christmas:)

It is still early, but I found myself starting to get festive and thinking about the holidays a few days ago. I like all the classic Christmas films, but It’s a Wonderful life and A Christmas Carol are a must. My favorite Carol is “What Child is This?” , but I love all the traditional carols. Some years my brother and I play various carol duets (violin/ piano ). I also love listening to the Messiah.
Yeah I think everyone seems quite a bit more into the holidays this year. I love it!

Welcome back!

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟990,156.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Hey, don't kid. There are a few brethren out there who really would say all that in all seriousness.

Do you have a favorite carol? Do you have special or memorable holiday traditions?

Actually, I do have a favorite, although it probably wouldn't be considered a Carol in the traditional sense; it is, after all, a Japanese rendition of "Joy to the World", sung by part of the voice cast from the Cardcaptor Sakura anime. ^_^ But danged if it doesn't give me joy to hear around this time of year. :angel:

As for traditions? Come on, you know there's one likely every last one of us here are familiar with: the annual viewing of the classic A Christmas Story. =P

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
b97.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm always the one who puts up the tree, strings up the lights, and does a lot of the ornament decorating. I enjoy doing it and I'm looking forward to it this year, especially since these holidays are going better for me and my family than last year.

My favorite Christmas movies I watch every year are It's a Wonderful Life (going to watch it in theater this year), Scrooge (musical version of A Christmas Carol), and The Muppets Christmas Carol. :D

I'd like to start a tradition to go caroling at local nursing homes during the Christmas season. It's usually very saddening to go in some nursing homes, but I think it's an important and necessary thing to do.

Upvote 0

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟123,716.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm always the one who puts up the tree, strings up the lights, and does a lot of the ornament decorating. I enjoy doing it and I'm looking forward to it this year, especially since these holidays are going better for me and my family than last year.

My favorite Christmas movies I watch every year are It's a Wonderful Life (going to watch it in theater this year), Scrooge (musical version of A Christmas Carol), and The Muppets Christmas Carol. :D

I'd like to start a tradition to go caroling at local nursing homes during the Christmas season. It's usually very saddening to go in some nursing homes, but I think it's an important and necessary thing to do.
Why am I not surprised that we have the same taste in Christmas movies? Haha

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't do much of anything at this stage in my life during Christmas but I certainly get how you feel. There was a time when it truly was the most wonderful time of the year.

It made people happy, and it was always aimed at Christian values, regardless of our over holy scrooges who try to ruin it with thing like it's not Christs actual birthday... who cares? And sure, it's commercial, but that's not an excuse to throw it out, hasn't is always been? If Jesus was a Carpenter, then I assume he made a wage, if he made a wage, he was commercial.

If nothing else, get yourself a tree and have your family or friends over for Christmas dinner on whatever day. And if you haven't done it in whil, maybe toss a few presents under the tree, some mistletoe, and ooh...stockings/candy canes!.... somebody stop me!. Watch "A Christmas Story" on TV. But whatever you do, leave the Red Rider in the closet, by now you're having to much fun for someone to ruin it all and..........SYEO. :eek:

Upvote 0

Miss Spaulding

Virtus semper viridis
Jan 6, 2005
The Tropics
✟109,434.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

CodyFaith

Site Supporter
Jun 9, 2016
Canada
✟158,594.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Christmas is the best.

This will be the second Christmas in my own apartment and this year I'm determined to get decorations set up as I didn't last year and was super bummed.

Movie wise I usually just watch whatever's on the t.v., so Elf, The Grinch, the Home Alones, etc... but I have a heart for the classics like Rudolph, Frosty and The Little Drummer Boy.

Upvote 0
Feb 2, 2016
Chattanooga, TN USA
Visit site
✟246,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've thought about making a family tradition of decorating a Christmas tree with Christian related ornaments, but I don't know. When a family comes along, we might or might not. But if we do, we will definitely play this song sometime during our celebrations.

Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0

Rigatoni

Redeemed Resident Italian
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2014
Southern U.S.
✟222,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I immediately love this thread; never too early to get into the Christmas mood. :oldthumbsup:

I've already started listening to Christmas music and created a Christmas playlist on YouTube. Going to start putting up the lights tomorrow, then getting a tree after Thanksgiving. Also looking forward to watching classic movies such as Home Alone, Jingle All The Way, The Grinch (BOTH versions), Elf, A Christmas Carol, those claymation movies, and many others.

Upvote 0