Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟114,079.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There was just word on the news- in the next few days there will be a conjunction between the planets Jupiter and Saturn in the night sky that will create a "Christmas Star" in the sky! This is the first time this has happened in 800 years! This will appear on December 21, the winter solstice- the darkest day of the year, in the southwestern sky! My God, could this be a miraculous sign from God!? This is happening very close to Christmas and right in our "darkest" days with the virus, but there is hope in the future with the virus vaccine they are rolling out now! There is some word that the star in the sky marking the birth of Christ was a conjunction between Jupiter and Saturn, like this. Is God giving a sign to the world to look to hope in Christ in the midst of the pandemic!? The link to the story is below:
'Christmas Star' will be closest visible conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn in 800 years

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟247,986.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Christmas is a man created event, that man has placed in December. There is nothing from God in the Bible about creating a December birthday celebration each year, for celebrating the birth of The Messiah. Whose birth was more than likely not in December.

The star guiding the wise men to The Messiah, was The Messiahs star. Not a group of stars forming a star, this star moved and ended up stopping over where the Messiah was. Is that star somewhere now still in the sky not sure.

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Interesting speculation ---and likely it was not December when Jesus was born, many Bible researchers say; but we might find out for sure when/if we all go to Heaven ---would you say? In the meantime we can enjoy the Sky Views.
I am planning on being there, since I have the Lord Jesus in my heart as my Savior and Lord (and best Friend).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RickardoHolmes

Aug 10, 2015
✟83,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I will definitely be watching this star. If we have the right weather, I will get out the Telescope and try to get a few photos

Interesting that it happens on Winter Solstice. I am looking forward to it.

It will be a nice beginning to the Christmas Week.
I just wish that it were safe to Attend Midnight Service on Christmas Eve in Person. I will watch it on You Tube, but it is not the same as being there.

Upvote 0