Christmas - Satans' festival

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

amos7

Christmas - Satans’ festival
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

( A ) REMEMBERING CHRIST

Concerning the three aspects of Christs’ life; His birth, death, and resurrection, only one of the three is specifically stated in scripture in regard to honoring and remembering our Lord. His death. Not only does the Lord Himself instruct this but Paul repeats it as well;

[26] And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.
[27] And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;
[28] For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
- Matt. 26:26-28

[22] And as they did eat, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and brake it, and gave to them, and said, Take, eat: this is my body.
[23] And he took the cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them: and they all drank of it.
[24] And he said unto them, This is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many.
- Mark 14:22-24

[19] And he took bread, and gave thanks, and brake it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.
[20] Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you. - Luke 22:19,20

[23] For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
[24] And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: THIS DO IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.
[25] After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: THIS DO YE, AS OFT AS YE DRINK IT, IN REMEMBRANCE OF ME.
[26] For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
- I Cor. 11:23-26

No where in scripture does one find any evidence by word or deed that the christian should remember or celebrate Christs’ birth or resurrection. It is only in His death, a memorial to Christ that we remember Him in the communion service.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

( B ) CHRISTMAS - THE WORD

In truth, the word Christmas has nothing to do with the birth of Christ. Christmas is simply an abbreviated word which means Christs’ Mass, the Mass of Christ. Thus, Christmas is not a celebration of the Lords' birth. But rather, Christmas is a celebration of the Catholic Mass. The Mass is a Roman Catholic sacrament that deals specifically with the Lords’ death. It has nothing to do with His birth.
www.eternalcog.org/07B.02.the_truth_about_christmas.htm
www.newadvent.org/cathen/03724b.htm
www.geocities.com/artrenz/christmas_lent.html
www.christianism.com/articles/13.html
Encyclopedic Resources:

The Encyclopedia Britannica - A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information
11th Edition Vol. 6 p. 293

Collier’s Encyclopedia Vol. 6 p. 403

The New Encyclopedia Britannica Micropaedia Ready Reference 15th Edition Vol. 3 p. 283

Chamber’s Encyclopaedia New Revised Edition Vol. 3 p. 537

( C ) CHRISTS’ MASS - A CLOSER LOOK AT THE ROMAN CATHOLIC MASS

The Mass.* This sacramental ceremony operates with the belief that the bread ( a wafer ) and wine offered by the priest to the partakers literally, miraculously, becomes the body and blood of the Lord. The Mass is a ceremony which literally is a re-sacrificing of Christs’ body and shed blood. The process by which this transformation of bread and wine turns into the literal body and blood of Christ is called Transubstantiation. Scripture warns the christian reader that this recrucifying of Christ puts Him to an open shame, Heb. 6:6.
* www.ziplink.net/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/kerygma/a.pl

( When visiting the ziplink website, type in the word to be researched. For example, type the word Mass or Eucharist or Transubstantiation, etc. Click “ select “ and a listing of the stated teachings of that word from the Catechism of the Catholic Church will appear. )
www.fundamentalbiblechurch.net/fbcmass.htm
www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_12.asp

Christ died one time for sins and therefore He need not be crucified anymore;

[12] Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but BY HIS OWN BLOOD HE ENTERED IN ONCE into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. - Heb. 9:12

[28] So CHRIST WAS ONCE OFFERED to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation. - Heb. 9:28

[12] But this man, after HE HAD OFFERED ONE SACRIFICE FOR SINS FOR EVER, sat down on the right hand of God;
[13] From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstool.
[14] For BY ONE OFFERING he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.
[15] Whereof the Holy Ghost also is a witness to us: for after that he had said before,
- Heb. 10:12-15

[22] By so much was Jesus made a surety of a better testament.
[23] And they truly were many priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death:
[24] But this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
[25] Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.
[26] For such an high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
[27] Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: FOR THIS HE DID ONCE, WHEN HE OFFERED UP HIMSELF.
- Hebrews 7:22-27

[6] I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
[7] Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
[8] But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
[9] As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. - Gal. 1:6-9

[4] For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
[5] And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
[6] If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; SEEING THEY CRUCIFY TO THEMSELVES THE SON OF GOD AFRESH, AND PUT HIM TO AN OPEN SHAME.
- Heb. 6:4-6

Scripture writes quite clear and plain that Christ suffered and died one time for sins. This is gospel, scriptural truth. If we teach that Christ died more than one time, if we teach that Christ needs to be sacrificed each time we take communion then we are accursed because this is another gospel. There is no need for a continual atoning sacrifice, a recrucifying of Christ for sins. Transubstantiation, the re-sacrificing of Christ within the Roman Catholic Mass is an abomination. Moreover, the wafer, ( a.k.a. the Eucharist ), is used in place of broken bread and is worshipped.
www.cephasministry.com/catholic_god_in_a_wafer.html
www.cephasministry.com/eucharist.html

Also, the Eucharist is looked upon by the Roman Catholic Church in that it has the power to cleanse from past sin and preserve from future sins.
www.chick.com/reading/books/160/160_13.asp

Christmas, the Mass of Christ, has nothing to do with the birth of the Lord but rather His death. Its’ ceremony is in no way a true rememberance and honor of Christ as is the communion service clearly outlined in scripture. From the above information the Mass has nothing to do with communion. Mass is a shameful recrucifying of the Lord, evil and cursed. Therefore, when the christian celebrates Christmas then in truth the christian is celebrating the open, public shame of a recrucifying of Jesus Christ. An act of which the writer of Hebrews warns the christian against.

( D ) CAN A PERSON BE SAVED BY CHRISTMAS ?

The real meaning and truth of Christmas is that it is a celebration of the open, public shame of Christ because of the recrucifying of Christ as taught and practiced in the Catholic Mass. Certain people believe that a person can be saved because of Christmas. This however, is not truth. No where in scripture is it written that a person can be saved because of Christmas. It can be that a person shares the gospel with another person during the season of Christmas which can result in salvation. However, this situation can also occur during Halloween. Christmas can no more save a soul any more than Halloween, St. Patricks’ Day, the Fourth of July nor any other celebrated day. Celebrated days and holy days do not save people. The only reason a person gets saved, born again, is simply because the scriptures are shared with them and as they hear, they believe and confess the gospel for themselves, ( if of course that person chooses to do so ). This situation can occur on any given day, celebrated or not. The sinner does not become born again because of a celebrated day or non-celebrated day. Moreover, Christmas is not a celebrated festival which came from God. Rather, it is a tradition instituted by the Roman Catholic Church. Christmas is a tradition of men and has no foundation nor support from scripture. Here is what Jesus Himself stated about traditions of men;

6. And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. THUS HAVE YE MADE THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT BY YOUR TRADITION. - Matt. 15:6

13. MAKING THE WORD OF GOD OF NONE EFFECT THROUGH YOUR TRADITION, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye. - Mark 7:13

The scriptures are the commandment of God. They are the Word of God. But if we choose to follow religious traditions of men then we make the Word of God, the scriptures, void and without effect or power. When we do this, then by default we cut off the power to save souls for Christ. Paul tells us plainly that the scriptures and doctrine, the Gospel, is the power of God for personal salvation and the salvation of other people ;

16. Take heed unto thyself, and unto the doctrine; continue in them: for in doing this thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee. - 1 Timothy 4:16

15. And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus. - 2 Timothy 3:15

16. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for IT IS THE POWER OF GOD unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek. - Romans 1:16

Thus, when a person celebrates Christmas, a tradition of men, that person cuts off the power to win and save souls. Christmas, the tradition of men, makes the scriptures of no effect for personal salvation nor for salvation of other people. Moreover, Jesus stated that the commandment of God is made of no effect by mans’ tradition. Jesus spoke of the first and great commandment;

35. Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36. Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37. Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38. This is the first and great commandment. - Matt. 22:35-38

Since the first and great commandment for the child of God is to love God according to the criteria stated by Jesus. The question must be asked, “ How does the child of God love God with his/her whole being as stated in the first and great commandment and at the same time celebrate Christmas which in truth is a celebration of the open shame of Christ? “. The self evident answer is that we can’t. God commands us to love Him with all that we are of our heart, soul and mind. However, when we as Gods’ children celebrate the man-made tradition called Christmas which in truth shames Christ. Then according to the words of Jesus in Matt. 15:6, we have made that very commandment of God of no effect in our personal lives. We automatically nullify that first and great commandement. It is impossible that we should love God in the whole and complete manner as stated in the first and great commandment, and then participate each year in a celebration which puts Christ to an open shame.

God spoke to Israel in the writings of Isaiah concerning celebrated feasts;

13. Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and sabbaths, the calling of assemblies, I cannot away with; it is iniquity, even the solemn meeting.
14. Your new moons and YOUR APPOINTED FEASTS MY SOUL HATETH: THEY ARE A TROUBLE UNTO ME; I AM WEARY TO BEAR THEM.
15. And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.
16. WASH YOU, MAKE YOU CLEAN; PUT AWAY THE EVIL OF YOUR DOINGS FROM BEFORE MINE EYES; CEASE TO DO EVIL; - Isaiah 1:13-16

The apostle Paul writes to the Galations and says;

9. But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?
10. Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years.
11. I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain. - Gal. 4:9-11

( E ) CHRISTMAS - PAGAN WORSHIP AND SYMBOLISM

Since Christmas in reality is the Christs’ Mass which deals with His death, how did it become involved to represent the birth of Christ? For detailed information concerning the origin of the Christmas festival refer to the following websites: www.banner.org.uk/misc/xmas1.html
www.jesus-is-lord.com/babylons/sect31.htm
www.religioustolerance.org/winter_solstice.htm
www.christianism.com/articles/13.html

Here is a surface overview covering a little history behind the date ( Dec. 25 ) and season in which Christmas is celebrated;

1. Scripture gives no specific date for the birth of Christ. Dec. 25 was the date for the Roman festival of Saturnalia. Also, this particular date was the common date among various pagan peoples who regarded it as the rebirth of the sun god. The date is the birthday of the sun god. Saturnalia included human sacrifice and involved a mixture of Babylonian and Egyptian rites. This Roman festival honored the god of Saturn.

2. Human sacrifices were made in these ancient festivals to the gods of
Egypt: Osiris Greece: Dionysus Scandinavian lands: Odin & Freya

3. A bull sacrificed to the god Mithras. The worshippers, baptized in the bulls’ blood, considered themselves cleansed from their sins.

4. Around the time of the winter solstice in late December was regarded and celebrated as the birthday/the rebirth of various gods; Mithras, Ra, Zeus, Apollo, Dionysus, Odin and Attis.

5. Images of the Madonna and child are actually representations of Nimrod and Semiramis. Other goddess names for Semiramis; Diana of Ephesus and Cybele of Rome. Nimrod was considered a “ savior-child “ as he was murdered and reborn. Nimrods’ death and rebirth represented for many ancient festivals the death-life cycle, (resurrection). The rebirth of the sun god which would occur on the time of Dec. 25.

6. The King of the Roman festival, Saturnalia, represented Saturn, the god of the feast who like the Greek god, Cronos, was a charioteer. Cronos being the beginning imagery of our present day Santa Claus, driving the chariot ( sleigh ) in the skies above. It is these pagan gods who represented the drunkenness and foolishness and revelry of the festivals. Bishop Nicholas of Myra first begins to “ christianize “ and clean up the Saturnalia king of the pagan festivities. It is Bishop Nicholas from whom we get our first images and symbolism of Santa Claus. Bishop Nicholas was kind and generous especially to children. Thus today, Christmas has its’ St. Nicholas, a.k.a. Santa Claus. On one occasion, St. Nick tosses bags of gold coins through a window of a house in which the bags land in a slipper which was warming by a fire. Thus today, children hang stockings by the fire hoping that St. Nicks’ generosity will go to them as well.

7. In the lands of Greenland, Siberia and northern Canada, the winter solstice was a fearful time of terror and magic. The local witchdoctor or shaman in order to intercede on behalf of the people would eat a hallucinogenic mushroom named “ Fly Agaric “ which he would also feed to reindeer. Thus in this trance state the shaman would “fly” to appease the gods for the people by flying through the smoke hole of the persons’ home, thereby going from the earth world to the spirit world.

8. The Scandinavian god Odin, dies a death as he is “ hung on a tree “. It is by this type of death and suffering in which Odin obtains victory in the pursuit of the key to mystic knowledge. So in ancient times men would hang skulls from a fir tree to commemorate the death-tree of Odin. Later on, decorations of colored gold, silver and bronze balls would cover the fir tree of Woden ( a.k.a. Odin )in his honor. The colored ball decorations representing the sun, moon and stars of the heavens.

9. The Germanic, Paradise Tree, was covered in apples and candles. To the worshippers of Mithras, the sacred tree was the pine and to the Babylonians, the palm tree.

10. Phrygia held sacred the pine tree in which their god Attis dies under one only to transfer his spirit into the tree. Phrygians worshipped the ivy along with the pine tree and the priests of Attis would wear ivy tattoos.

11. The Greek god, Dionysus / Bacchus, the god of wine, drunkeness / revelry and trees was symbolized with a draped tree, particularly the pine tree.

12. The Yule log, was burned (sacrificed ) on the eve of Dec.24 only to be turned (resurrected ) the following morning, Dec. 25, into a full grown tree.

13. Kissing under the mistletoe represents the uniting of evil with good. Reuniting Lucifer / Satan with God. A symbol of reconciliation between God and Satan.

The actual practice of the Christmas festival was not celebrated by the early church for the first few hundred years of its existence. Christmas was instituted by the Roman Catholic Church in order to bring more people, pagan people, under the authoritative umbrella of the church by compromising and accommodating the pagan practices with church symbolism.

( F ) GODS’ JUDGMENT OF HIS PEOPLES INVOLVEMENT WITH THE PAGAN PRACTICES OF THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN AND TAMMUZ, ( SEMIRAMIS, ASTARTE, DIANA, TODAYS VIRGIN MARY )

[11] And there stood before them seventy men of the ancients of the house of Israel, and in the midst of them stood Jaazaniah the son of Shaphan, with every man his censer in his hand; and a thick cloud of incense went up.
[12] Then said he unto me, Son of man, hast thou seen what the ancients of the house of Israel do in the dark, every man in the chambers of his imagery? for they say, THE LORD SEETH US NOT; the LORD hath forsaken the earth.
[13] He said also unto me, Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations that they do.
[14] Then he brought me to the door of the gate of the LORD's house which was toward the north; and, behold, there sat women WEEPING FOR TAMMUZ.
[15] Then said he unto me, Hast thou seen this, O son of man? turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations than these. - Ezek. 8:11-15

[17] Seest thou not what they do in the cities of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem?
[18] The children gather wood, and the fathers kindle the fire, and the women knead their dough, to make cakes to THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, and to pour out drink offerings unto other gods, that they may provoke me to anger.
[19] Do they provoke me to anger? saith the LORD: do they not provoke themselves to the confusion of their own faces? - Jer. 7:17-19

1. Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
2. Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
3. FOR THE CUSTOMS OF THE PEOPLE ARE VAIN: FOR ONE CUTTETH A TREE OUT OF THE FOREST, THE WORK OF THE HANDS OF THE WORKMAN, WITH THE AXE.
4. THEY DECK IT WITH SILVER AND WITH GOLD; THEY FASTEN IT WITH NAILS AND WITH HAMMERS, THAT IT MOVE NOT.
5. THEY ARE UPRIGHT AS THE PALM TREE, BUT SPEAK NOT: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good. - Jer. 10:1-5

[15] Then all the men which knew that their wives had burned incense unto other gods, and all the women that stood by, a great multitude, even all the people that dwelt in the land of Egypt, in Pathros, answered Jeremiah, saying,
[16] As for the word that thou hast spoken unto us in the name of the LORD, we will not hearken unto thee.
[17] But we will certainly do whatsoever thing goeth forth out of our own mouth, TO BURN INCENSE UNTO THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, AND TO POUR OUT DRINK OFFERINGS UNTO HER, as we have done, we, and our fathers, our kings, and our princes, in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem: for then had we plenty of victuals, and were well, and saw no evil.
[18] But since we left off to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her, we have wanted all things, and have been consumed by the sword and by the famine.
[19] And when WE BURNED INCENSE TO THE QUEEN OF HEAVEN, AND POURED OUT DRINK OFFERINGS UNTO HER, DID WE MAKE HER CAKES TO WORSHIP HER, AND POUR OUT DRINK OFFERINGS UNTO HER, without our men?
[20] Then Jeremiah said unto all the people, to the men, and to the women, and to all the people which had given him that answer, saying,
[21] The incense that ye burned in the cities of Judah, and in the streets of Jerusalem, ye, and your fathers, your kings, and your princes, and the people of the land, did not the LORD remember them, and came it not into his mind?
[22] So that THE LORD COULD NO LONGER BEAR, BECAUSE OF THE EVIL OF YOUR DOINGS, AND BECAUSE OF THE ABOMINATIONS WHICH YE HAVE COMMITTED; therefore is your land a desolation, and an astonishment, and a curse, without an inhabitant, as at this day.
[23] Because ye have burned incense, and because ye have sinned against the LORD, and have not obeyed the voice of the LORD, nor walked in his law, nor in his statutes, nor in his testimonies; therefore this evil is happened unto you, as at this day.
[24] Moreover Jeremiah said unto all the people, and to all the women, Hear the word of the LORD, all Judah that are in the land of Egypt:
[25] Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, saying; Ye and your wives have both spoken with your mouths, and fulfilled with your hand, saying, We will surely perform our vows that we have vowed, to burn incense to the queen of heaven, and to pour out drink offerings unto her: ye will surely accomplish your vows, and surely perform your vows.
[26] Therefore hear ye the word of the LORD, all Judah that dwell in the land of Egypt; Behold, I have sworn by my great name, saith the LORD, that my name shall no more be named in the mouth of any man of Judah in all the land of Egypt, saying, The Lord GOD liveth.
[27] Behold, I will watch over them for evil, and not for good: and all the men of Judah that are in the land of Egypt shall be consumed by the sword and by the famine, until there be an end of them.
- Jer. 44:15-27
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

( G ) WHAT IS GODS’ DESIRE FOR HIS PEOPLE CONCERNING FALSE DOCTRINE AND FALSE TEACHERS OF SUCH

[14] Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
[15] And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
[16] And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
[17] WHEREFORE COME OUT FROM AMONG THEM, AND BE YE SEPARATE, SAITH THE LORD, AND TOUCH NOT THE UNCLEAN THING; AND I WILL RECEIVE YOU,
[18] And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- 2 Cor. 6:14-18

[1] And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
[2] And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
[3] And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, TELL US, WHEN SHALL THESE THINGS BE? AND WHAT SHALL BE THE SIGN OF THY COMING, AND OF THE END OF THE WORLD?
[4] AND JESUS ANSWERED AND SAID UNTO THEM, TAKE HEED THAT NO MAN DECEIVE YOU. - Matt. 24:1-4

[4] And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, THAT YE BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, AND THAT YE RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.
[5] For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. - Rev. 18:4

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B

BlalronResurrected

People like Amos annoy me. They copy and paste something that somebody else wrote (because I seriously doubt they bothered to research things for themselves), then they go around posting it on boards with opposing views, and then leave. His type rarely come back to defend their arguments once they've posted, preferring to mindlessly spam. Please ignore him unless he comes back.

Upvote 0
V

VOW52

Amos,

Your VERY FIRST post to the King's Tavern, and you just HAD to come over to The Catholic Discussion Corner and attack?

What a shining example of Christian charity! (NOT)

I WOULD suggest that you take some time and read over the many, many pages of postings explaining the Catholic faith that are available on this board, but it's obvious that your mind is slammed shut, nailed with rusty nails, and then locked tightly...with the key thrown away.

Peace be with you.
~VOW

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, well, well. It appears that our young friend from the Philippines has re-surfaced at last.

And he's still playing the same side of the same record....(sigh)
Perhaps you would care to specifically give correction concerning any of the issues in my Christmas post.

To what purpose, Amos? You and I filled enormous gobs of Left Behind Message Board cyberspace two years ago with the subject of the crucifixion re-enactments, and it never went anywhere....we just went round and round, and we didn't convince one another of anything. Is it really worth the effort, or do you just like to debate for the sake of debate?

Shaking my head yet again,
----Wols.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kirkland1244

Feb 20, 2002
Visit site
✟8,029.00
Faith
Anglican
Who cares if Christmas Day used to be a Pagan Festival? Does that have anything to do with Jesus? No. Does Christmas? Yes.

One of the Church's greatest achievements has been to take what is profane and make it holy. By taking the Christmas pagan festival and imbuing it with Christian meaning, the Church has sanctified it. Likewise with Easter.

You would be hard pressed to avoid paganism in our day to day lives, or even in your religious practices. First of all, Christianity itself smacks of Mithrianism, so if you take the common anti-Catholic-bigot-trash tactic of "similarity implies descent" then the entire religion has to be thrown out.

And then there's things all Christian churches do -- like exchange rings during a wedding. That's pagan in origin. As is the bride wearing white.

And let's not even get into the days of the week... Sun Day, Moon Day, Thor Day, Oden Day...

Kirk

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟276,580.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Amen to that, Kirk. If we threw out every last thing as "evil" or "pagan" simply because we didn't find it within the pages of the King James Bible, we'd be living in caves and bashing frogs on the head with rocks.

Higher mathematics? All formulated by pre-Christian pagans. "Algebra", in fact, is a (gasp) Arab word, al-jabar, meaning "the reunion of broken parts".

Gonna throw away your car and walk everywhere? Cars aren't found in the Bible, ya know. And most municipalities in America have ordinances against camel poop in the street. Looks like it's hup-two-three-four for you. Stay off concrete or asphalt, though---not Biblical. Stick to good old mud.

And while we're at it, you also need to get rid of your TV, radio, CD player, magazine subscriptions, hot water heater, automatic dishwasher, central heating, running tap water, air conditioning, refrigerator, electricity, aluminum siding, all clothing made from cotton, and chocolate---oh, and the computer you're reading this on right now---none of them are found in the Bible; they must be of Satanic origin and are evil.

Christmas and Easter are the two primary targets of these people, but if we're going that route, they also need to throw out Memorial Day, Martin Luther King Day, Veteran's Day, the Fourth of July, and their own birthday. None of them were celebrated in the Bible. Better stick to Jewish holidays. Hope you like living in a booth for a week every year.

I rest my case. To our "no Christmas, no Easter" friends, I have a message: get a freakin' grip.

I drew Wolseley's name in the Tavern Gift Exchange. Wols what would you like for Christmas?

Money is always the right size and the right color. :)

Blessings,
---Wols.

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
Wols said:
Money is always the right size and the right color.
Ah yes, give pictures of presidents on green paper, my wife always says. Now I prefer a non-president; Benjamin Franklin. Anyone ever see the bill with Salmon P. Chase? ($10,000) They discontinued them.

Kotton :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.