Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Back in my old church, I used to go every year to the Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols. It was always a very LONG service, but covered all aspects of the Christmas story and had plenty of scriptures and carols. It was always very well attended, both with regulars and visitors.
Still the case? Or, have you or any aquaintantences of your's attended in recent times?

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Still the case? Or, have you or any aquaintantences of your's attended in recent times?

Hi Rocknanchor
Hope you are keeping well.
It's been a bit difficult in the past couple of years due to churches sticking to the Covid rules (mostly closing and broadcasting their services online). Thankfully the churches are back open again now!
It's going to be an eventful December for me. At the beginning of December, I'm off to Mucknell Abbey for a short retreat

I needed to get a short stay away to relax and unwind after a really busy year. Then I think I'm going to go along to the Sing Choirs of Angels event which is taking place in Lichfield. They have a light show where buildings are lit up with animations and effects.

Having gone through bereavement and quite a number of stressing events this year, last Christmas was a bit of a melancholy event, so to compensate, I decided to go a bit mad with the Christmas tree this year.

IMG_20221123_000252.png

Hope life is treating you well. I've not been online as much as I had previously due to lots of things going on, but things have eased a bit now, so I've been dropping in most days. It's good to visit and see how everyone is getting on!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Still the case? Or, have you or any acquaintances of your's attended in recent times?
I haven't been to one in years with Peter being poorly. I am looking forward to a good old fashioned carol service. :)

Reactions: rocknanchor
Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I haven't been to one in years with Peter being poorly. I am looking forward to a good old fashioned carol service. :)
That will be lovely,'musicalpilgrim!'

Upvote 0

Anthony2019

Pax et bonum!
Site Supporter
Jan 25, 2019
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
✟776,245.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Oh dear, I have a terrible cold! not had one in years! Where did it come from?
Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Quite a few colds going around at the moment.
Lemsips and plenty of rest - you'll be feeling better in no time! :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Quite a few colds going around at the moment.
Lemsips and plenty of rest - you'll be feeling better in no time! :)
took a drink back to bed this morning and woke up at 1pm!

Upvote 0

rocknanchor

Continue Well 2 John 9
Site Supporter
Jan 27, 2009
Notre Dame, IN
✟987,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Feeling so much better today, I want to be well for the Carols on Sunday morning at Church.
That's great! May His grace be your portion throughout.

Upvote 0