Monarchist

Aug 13, 2007
South
✟8,770.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christmas, the ultimate marketers dream?
Its still a few weeks away from the big celebration, but the shops are already in overdrive. Dont get me wrong I aint totally against the day, love the kids smiles and the family get together (sorta, sometimes), and it seems to come at the right time of the year as well so the few days off of work is a bewdy. But..
In a Christian perspective it does annoy me, no end. Christ was not born in a stable (technically)and not on Christmas day, the star was probably sent by satan to betray Christ, the wise men were led to Pilot first.
Snow?? Its the middle East, give me a break. There are lots of other myths that annoy me as well, so,
Is it just me or does any one else have spiritual difficulties this time of year.
Any other points in the nativity story annoy you?
Looking forward to it, but.

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was Jesus not born in a stable? I am pretty sure the scripture says in a manger/bed of straw so I guess that's where the idea of the stable comes in?

Also I think the snow bit came about from England or America where it does snow at that time of year (I am pretty sure most people realise that it doesn't snow in the middle east ROFL)

I am over Christmas too. The local shopping centre already has the Santa's house thing.

I have decided this year to stay home on the day. Depending on where R is working (he is looking for a new job madly, he has a full time job and doing well, but wants a new job and has a few prospects happening) he may have to work around Christmas and not take leave until January, which is OK I guess, we will have to do the Christmas with extended family the weekend before with one family and the weekend after with another, it depends on what we are thinking and feeling at the time, although my mum has said to me that I should go out on Boxing Day anyway without dh but then she would say that ROFL.

Upvote 0