Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I pray that you and your families have a peaceful and safe Christmas season.

Christian Jesus Nativity.jpg

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 216396

Thank you Phoebe Ann, you are gracious to wish us a Merry Christmas. The other day I saw a sign that said
Merry Xmas. It made me so sad.

Hope the season may bring you great joy as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the Greek language and alphabet, the letter that looks like an X is the Greek letter chi / Χ (pronounced 'kye' - it rhymes with 'eye') which is the first letter of the Greek word for Christ, Christos.
The early church used the first two letters of Christos in the Greek alphabet 'chi' and 'rho' to create a monogram (symbol) to represent the name of Jesus. This looks like an X with a small p on the top: ☧
Christmas or Xmas? on whychristmas?com

Chrismons for Christmas.jpg

Chrismon Symbols.jpg

Chrismon Tree.jpg

I had a neighbor who decorated her tree with handmade Chrismon ornaments.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you Phoebe Ann, you are gracious to wish us a Merry Christmas. The other day I saw a sign that said

Hope the season may bring you great joy as we celebrate the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Merry Christmas and a happy new year.

Thank you. We're off to a good start.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The other day I saw a sign that said

The X represents the Greek letter chi not an English X.

Χριστός is Greek for Christ.

Upvote 0

drstevej

"The crowd always chooses Barabbas."
In Memory Of
Mar 18, 2003
Lousianna
✟1,001,611.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you are saying that everbody that uses Xmas, realizes that the X stands for part of Christ's name in Greek?

Did YOU know that X represents Xristos? If yes, how did you know the person that made the sign did not?

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Did YOU know that X represents Xristos? If yes, how did you know the person that made the sign did not?
I did not know that, so if I did not know that, being rather a religious type, its a pretty good guess that most using the X are trying to X Christ out of Christmas.

I could be wrong, and I am happy to acknowledge my new learning, thank you, but I believe that most using X are not thinking Xristos. Knowing that also helps me to at least think they know, and I will not be sad when I see it anymore because I will think it stands for Xristos. So thank you again.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
My atheist Dad loved his secular Christmas with a tree and gift exchange. He passed away. Many of my atheist relatives do the same. My non-Christian mother and sister think they should send birthday cards that mention Christ to people they think are religious; I think that's strange, but they just don't understand. So the world is filled with non-believers and who knows what they're going to do? For me, the sadness is that people don't believe there's any afterlife and that they don't see a need for Christ. We can blame Adam for that.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
My atheist Dad loved his secular Christmas with a tree and gift exchange. He passed away. Many of my atheist relatives do the same. My non-Christian mother and sister think they should send birthday cards that mention Christ to people they think are religious; I think that's strange, but they just don't understand. So the world is filled with non-believers and who knows what they're going to do? For me, the sadness is that people don't believe there's any afterlife and that they don't see a need for Christ. We can blame Adam for that.
We can blame satan for that.

Sorry for your hurt, i can tell it is sad for you. It is for me too.

But if you were Mormon again, you would not be as sad, because you would know that the gospel is being preached to the spirits in the spirit world, even those that did not believe in a life hereafter (what a surprise huh)as well as to persons here on the earth. There is also going to be 1,000 years where people will know for a certainty that Jesus was truly the Son of God and they need him

So they will learn that there is an after life, and that they need Jesus. So do not despair completely.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
We can blame satan for that.

Sorry for your hurt, i can tell it is sad for you. It is for me too.

But if you were Mormon again, you would not be as sad, because you would know that the gospel is being preached to the spirits in the spirit world, even those that did not believe in a life hereafter (what a surprise huh)as well as to persons here on the earth. There is also going to be 1,000 years where people will know for a certainty that Jesus was truly the Son of God and they need him

So they will learn that there is an after life, and that they need Jesus. So do not despair completely.

I'm not despairing. My father had no respect for the majority of his relatives including me. He regarded many people as losers.

I trust my Sovereign God completely! My father lived for eighty years, then it was his time to die.

Hebrews 9
27And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Who gave Satan power over Adam? Do you blame Satan every time you sin? Mormons claim they have free will.
Everybody has free will to act as they wish. God and Jesus gave satan the right to tempt Adam and Eve in the garden. You have to remember the story. Do you think Adam would have partaken of the forbidden fruit if satan had been stopped from talking with him??????? Would Eve have partaken of the forbidden fruit if satan had been stopped from talking to her??????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Everybody has free will to act as they wish. God and Jesus gave satan the right to tempt Adam and Eve in the garden. You have to remember the story. Do you think Adam would have partaken of the forbidden fruit if satan had been stopped from talking with him??????? Would Eve have partaken of the forbidden fruit if satan had been stopped from talking to her??????

But Satan didn't talk to Adam.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
But Satan didn't talk to Adam.

No, he didn't. He hit the curious one, he hit Adam's weak point--Eve. She was the one hanging around the tree. It was Eve that talked Adam into eating the fruit as she had.
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

RevelationTestament

Our God is a consuming fire.
Apr 26, 2013
United States
✟19,404.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married

View attachment 216396

No thanks really. I no longer believe in Christmas. Yeshua was not born then. You have been led astray by a false tradition of men. However, I will wish you a happy post Conception Day.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No thanks really. I no longer believe in Christmas. Yeshua was not born then. You have been led astray by a false tradition of men. However, I will wish you a happy post Conception Day.

What have you done? Invented your own Mormonism?

Upvote 0

Ironhold

Feb 14, 2014
✟201,967.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Single
What have you done? Invented your own Mormonism?

The actual holiday is up for people to decide upon celebrating or not.

edit -

That being said though, the fact that the shepherds were in their fields as described in the Bible suggests that everything happened in the spring anyway, and it's well-known that the current December 25th was selected in part to co-opt another holiday.

Upvote 0