Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Friday the 13th, Yahshua was crucified on the stake. The 14th was the Lords day, the weekly Sabbath Rest. The 15th was the special Sabbath Rest, were no work was to be done.

no, Friday was the 14th, the day of preparation for Shabbat, the day Yeshua died. The 15th was the Sabbath and Yeshua rose on the 16th, Yom HaBikkurim. By the way, in Greek, Sunday is the Lord's day...stop ignoring the facts.

The names of the days of the week in Greek...Κυριακή (Lord's day), Sunday. Δευτέρα (Second day), Monday. Τρίτη (Third day), Tuesday. Τετάρτη (Fourth day), Wednesday. Πέμπτη (Fifth day), Thursday. Παρασκευή ("Preparation"), Friday. Σάββατο ("Sabbath"), Saturday

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Please don't feebly attempt to refute my posts; unless you can back up your bare assertion fallacies.

Shalom

Not fallacies, scripture. See Luke 24 for road to Emmaus and John for date details of death, burial and rising. You think He rose on Shabbat, Cherubram thinks He rose on Monday, etc...cant you all get your stories straight? I am tired of spoon feeding and refuting people regarding their silly, made up, non-biblical, non-historical, illogical grasps at truth...Shalom

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Not fallacies

Yes fallacies.

Encyclopedia

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The bare assertion fallacy is a fallacy in formal logic where a premise in an argument is assumed to be true merely because it says that it is true.[1]

One form of the fallacy may be summarized as follows:

• Fact 1: X claims statement A.
  • Fact 2: X claims that X is not lying.
  • Conclusion: Therefore, A is true.
Bare assertion fallacy - The Full Wiki

scripture. See Luke 24 for road to Emmaus and John for date details of death, burial and rising. You think He rose on Shabbat, Cherubram thinks He rose on Monday, etc...cant you all get your stories straight?
We're working on getting the story straight. He has his speculations. I have mine. The good news is that unlike the followers of the sun worshipers, Cherubram and I are trying to find the truth. We are also at an advantage; as we can both also count to three....even twice, for days and nights.

I am tired of spoon feeding and refuting people

Then don't. It doesn't seem to be one of your strong suits anyway.

Vaya con Dios, amigo.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
no, Friday was the 14th, the day of preparation for Shabbat, the day Yeshua died. The 15th was the Sabbath and Yeshua rose on the 16th, Yom HaBikkurim. By the way, in Greek, Sunday is the Lord's day...stop ignoring the facts.

The names of the days of the week in Greek...Κυριακή (Lord's day), Sunday. Δευτέρα (Second day), Monday. Τρίτη (Third day), Tuesday. Τετάρτη (Fourth day), Wednesday. Πέμπτη (Fifth day), Thursday. Παρασκευή ("Preparation"), Friday. Σάββατο ("Sabbath"), Saturday
Preparation day is before Passover the 14th. The 14th began at sundown on Friday. Friday is the 13th and it does not become the 14th until sundown.

• Agree
Reactions: HARK!
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
We're working on getting the story straight. He has his speculations. I have mine. The good news is that unlike the followers of the sun worshipers, Cherubram and I are trying to find the truth. We are also at an advantage; as we can both also count to three....even twice, for days and nights.

Yes, you DO have SPECULATIONS...and they are wrong. Yes you can count, but your math says 1 + 5 = 3...

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Preparation day is before Passover the 14th. The 14th began at sundown on Friday. Friday is the 13th and it does not become the 14th until sundown.

Ah, I see, you know more than everyone for over 2000 years...LOL

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Lol

He got it stuck in his head that that is the way it is. It could happen to anyone.

Again, you can LOL all you want, but the facts prove you wrong. What you say goes AGAINST what The Scriptures say. I have already proved you wrong because you rage against the facts and even the Greek language the Scriptures were written in...

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Again, you can LOL all you want, but the facts prove you wrong. What you say goes AGAINST what The Scriptures say. I have already proved you wrong because you rage against the facts and even the Greek language the Scriptures were written in...

I do not know of anyone here that would agree with you. Some how you are losing count of the days. You really need to reevaluate things. Good luck.

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I do not know of anyone here that would agree with you. Some how you are losing count of the days. You really need to reevaluate things. Good luck.

No, you are stuck in a 72 hr rut...because you do not understand it. I am quite sure most all here would agree He rose on Sunday than your scenario...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No, you are stuck in a 72 hr rut...because you do not understand it. I am quite sure most all here would agree He rose on Sunday than your scenario...
Pagan notions do not make a biblical truth. The Lord's Day is Saturday, the day of rest. Christ resurrection was not on Sunday.

Daniel 7:25 states that they would think to change God’s times and laws.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Pagan notions do not make a biblical truth. The Lord's Day is Saturday, the day of rest. Christ resurrection was not on Sunday.

Daniel 7:25 states that they would think to change God’s times and laws.

SO, you are now calling the Greek NT Scriptures pagan...I see...good luck with that!

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
SO, you are now calling the Greek NT Scriptures pagan...I see...good luck with that!

You are a very dishonest person.

December 25th has nothing to do with Christ birth, and Sunday has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.

• Agree
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Luke 23:55. The women who had come with Jesus from Galilee followed Joseph and saw the tomb and how his body was laid in it. 56. Then they went home and prepared spices and perfumes. But they rested on the Sabbaths in obedience to the commandment.

The first day of the week is Sunday, but the first day of the week after the Sabbaths is Monday. If they kept that commandment, then they did not go to attend his grave Sunday. Levticus 23:7. On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.

It was against the law for the women to attend Christ grave that Sunday.

• Useful
Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The Passover and Unleavened Bread
Leviticus 23:4.
" 'These are the LORD's appointed feasts, the sacred assemblies you are to proclaim at their appointed times: 5. The LORD's Passover begins at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. 6. On the fifteenth day of that month the LORD's Feast of Unleavened Bread begins; for seven days you must eat bread made without yeast. 7. On the first day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work. 8. For seven days present an offering made to the LORD by fire. And on the seventh day hold a sacred assembly and do no regular work.' "

The FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK IS SUNDAY. That Sunday the 15th was also the Feast of Unleavened Bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
December 25th has nothing to do with Christ birth,
Correct. It was most likely during Sukkot.
Promised, Pictured, Provided
Sunday has nothing to do with Christ resurrection.
Wrong.

The proper way of figuring both Yom haBikkurim and Shavuot depend on which Sabbath you take as your starting point. Nissan 15 is a sabbath which starts Chag haMatzot; and there is a weekly Saturday sabbath during that moed as well.

The Sadducees figured it was the Saturday Sabbath and the Pharisees took it as the Nissan 15 Sabbath. Either way, count forward 50 days to Shavuot and you end up on the same day of the week. So if your starting point is a Wednesday for 15 Nissan, (which happens with the Pharisaic model) it puts Day 1 of counting the Omer on a Thursday. Shavuot then falls on a Thursday as well. But the text says:

Lev 23.15 ‘You shall also count for yourselves from the day after the sabbath, from the day when you brought in the sheaf of the wave offering; there shall be seven complete sabbaths. 16 You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh sabbath; then you shall present a new grain offering to the Lord.​

So if you start counting on Thursday after the Wednesday 15 Nissan sabbath, you end up on another Thursday, but that Wednesday is no way considered a sabbath, So it MUST be the weekly Saturday sabbath to have 50 days end on "the day after the seventh SABBATH."

It has to be a Sunday.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Correct. It was most likely during Sukkot.
Promised, Pictured, Provided

Wrong.

The proper way of figuring both Yom haBikkurim and Shavuot depend on which Sabbath you take as your starting point. Nissan 15 is a sabbath which starts Chag haMatzot; and there is a weekly Saturday sabbath during that moed as well.

THe Sadducees figured it was the Saturday Sabbath and the Pharisees took it as the Nissan 15 Sabbath. Either way, count forward 50 days to Shavuot and you end up on the same day of the week. So if your starting point is a wednesday (which happens with the Pharisaic model) it puts Shavuot on a wednesday as well. But the text says:

Lev 23.15 ‘You shall also count for yourselves from the day after the sabbath, from the day when you brought in the sheaf of the wave offering; there shall be seven complete sabbaths. 16 You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh sabbath; then you shall present a new grain offering to the Lord.​

So if you start counting on thursday after the wednesday 15 Nissan sabbath, you end up on another thursday, but that wednesday is no way considered a sabbath, So it MUST be the weekly saturday sabbath to have 50 days end on "the day after the seventh SABBATH."

It has to be a Sunday.
In Christ day there were two calendars in use in Israel, the Hellenistic Lunar Calendar, and the Biblical Solar Calendar. Which one do you think Christ and the disciple used?

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Christ day there were two calendars in use in Israel, the Hellenistic Lunar Calendar, and the Biblical Solar Calendar. Which one do you think Christ and the disciple used?
I think you mean the Hebrew Lunar calendar and the ROMAN solar calendar.

It was certainly NOT the Roman one.
BTW - "Helenist" was a derogatory term for Jews who had adopted a Greek lifestyle. Greeks used a solar calendar as well. Since our Lord had a Zealot (Simon) among his disciples, there would be no way HE would have used anything Greek or Roman; or even spoke those languages.

BTW - the current version of the Hebrew lunar calendar was developed during the Babylonian exile.

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
On 7 March 321, Constantine I, Rome's first Christian Emperor, decreed that Sunday would be observed as the Roman day of rest: On the "venerable Day of the Sun" let the magistrates and people residing in cities rest, and let all workshops be closed...

Upvote 0

CherubRam

Dec 21, 2012
✟103,730.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I think you mean the Hebrew Lunar calendar and the ROMAN solar calendar.

It was certainly NOT the Roman one.
BTW - "Helenist" was a derogatory term for Jews who had adopted a Greek lifestyle. Greeks used a solar calendar as well. Since our Lord had a Zealot (Simon) among his disciples, there would be no way HE would have used anything Greek or Roman; or even spoke those languages.

BTW - the current version of the Hebrew lunar calendar was developed during the Babylonian exile.
The Hellenistic Jews took over Jerusalem and the temple in 167 BC, and at that time they also changed the calendar to a Lunar type calendar. With the Biblical calendar, Passover was always the same day of the week.

Upvote 0