Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
When Grandma was doing the cooking all holidays followed the same pattern: turkey, stuffing, potatoes, etc. Not that any of us complained. She grew her own saffron and cooked the feast single handed.
Now it takes all the subsequent generations to meet the task and we've gone a little more Dickensian. Roast meat and yorkshire puddings, with some veggies thrown in for good measure. It's difficult to have room for anything else with that on the table, but I always make a gingerbread pear cake, as it's my sisters birthday as well.

Reactions: Shane R
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Werdet ihr auch Springerle genießen? :)

Sorry about writing in German by mistake.
I translate: Will you also enjoy Springerle?

And I explain:

Springerle are German anise-flavored cookies that go back at least 700 years in their rich tradition as special gifts during the holidays and other celebrations. Delicately crispy-crunchy and a slightly chewy center, they’re made with simple ingredients and are easy to make but absolutely require that you follow some key steps to achieving the right look, texture and flavor. This authentic Springerle recipe goes back to the Swabia region of Germany where these famous cookies originated.

Authentic German Springerle - The Daring Gourmet

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums