✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hey all!

One of my friends has just taken a HUGE leap of faith. During a 5 month service trip to Malawi where she was working with clean water initiatives, she started volunteering at an orphanage. During that time, God lead her to faith that she should adopt the TWIN girls she cared for there. Despite it officially taking 18months of living in Malawi before the government allows adoptions, she and God managed to make it happen in 2 months. She is a 29 year old single mom of two 14 month-old girls as of a few days ago! It is truly wonderful. Family back here has set up a registry for her. The girls will be joining her here in the US as soon as they get the US paperwork and such worked out. Read her story, it's really amazing. We are all so proud of her.

If you would like her registry, contact me privately!

Here is her blog: A Love Story « Mariellebevan's Blog

Last edited:

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Aha! Actually, that registry was set up by an anonymous benefactor who knows Mar from the same organization that I know her from...The benefactor is a parent and thinks that the items listed are useful or nice for the girls to have. They are hoping to just have things show up on Mar's doorstep without names attached. That's even more fun!

Upvote 0

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟240,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Wow! What a truly beautiful and inspiring story! What a life experience! I love these types of stories of people's lives. God has blessed her so much! Thanks for sharing this, choirfiend. :hug:

Upvote 0

Damaris

May 15, 2015
✟8,728.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Where do we send the gifts to? What's the address? I only see the city and state on the registry. :confused:

The registry works so that you can buy something and have it shipped to her address, but only the store will know what her shipping address is, for safety and privacy reasons.

I've used this before with wedding registries for friends, and they always received their gifts (and I already knew their address anyway :) ).

Upvote 0

choirfiend

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2005
Pennsylvania
✟54,941.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, its wrong to actively solicit money on here, and I certainly dont mean to be breaking rules...So if you want more info about Marielle and her two girls Justina and Jesse (Ina and Essie) contact me privately! In any case, they can use prayers just as much as they can use a stroller ;)

Upvote 0