Christians who think harry potter is demonic.

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did dumbledore get harry out of the place he met quirrell?

The book doesn't actually tell us how Dumbledore got Harry out after he confronted Quirrell and Voldemort for the Philosopher's Stone. It is a common assumption that Dumbledore either apparated (yes, he can apparate within Hogwart's grounds because that's one of the perks of being him) or he conjured a stretcher to carry Harry out (as Snape did for Harry and Hermione after they were attacked by dementors in the POA). I personally think it was the former and not the latter.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The book doesn't actually tell us how Dumbledore got Harry out after he confronted Quirrell and Voldemort for the Philosopher's Stone. It is a common assumption that Dumbledore either apparated (yes, Dumbledore can apparate with Hogwart's grounds because that's one of the perks of being him) or he conjured a stretcher to carry Harry out (as Snape did for Harry and Hermione after they were attacked by dementors in the POA). I personally think it was the first and not the latter.

Why not dumbledore went down there himself?

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why not dumbledore went down there himself?

Dumbledore was not at Hogwarts at that time. He had left Hogwarts because he had received an urgent message from the Ministry of Magic, but that message was sent by Quirrell to divert him. As soon as he realized the message was not sent by the Ministry, he rushed back to Hogwarts.

Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My experience over the years has been that anyone who says something like that about the Harry Potter books has never actually read any of the books. I've always challenged such a person to go ahead and read one of the books for themselves.

I have read some of the books.

While I don't personally believe in a ban on Harry Potter books, I do respect people who are worried by them.

On the other hand, if people ban Lewis or Tolkien, they are definitely going too far.

Reactions: Shiloh Raven
Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The occult is real, but harry potter is cartoonish. Theres no proof people in the occult fly on brooms.
That Harry Potter is cartoonish and mere fantasy is certainly true, but what is real about the occult other than the fact that it has its adherents? What evidence is there that those involved in the occult have any kind of special powers to influence things?

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
That Harry Potter is cartoonish and mere fantasy is certainly true, but what is real about the occult other than the fact that it has its adherents? What evidence is there that those involved in the occult have any kind of special powers to influence things?
Pharoah, the antichrist.

Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The book doesn't actually tell us how Dumbledore got Harry out after he confronted Quirrell and Voldemort for the Philosopher's Stone. It is a common assumption that Dumbledore either apparated (yes, he can apparate within Hogwart's grounds because that's one of the perks of being him) or he conjured a stretcher to carry Harry out (as Snape did for Harry and Hermione after they were attacked by dementors in the POA). I personally think it was the former and not the latter.

teleportation is absurd it cant happen.

Upvote 0

Par5

Nov 5, 2017
LONDONDERRY
✟69,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Pharoah, the antichrist.
That doesn't answer anything. A pharaoh was just a ruler in ancient Egypt. My understanding of the occult is that it is a lot of superstitious nonsense whose adherents believe in paranormal acts. They are no different and have as much credence as fortune tellers in my opinion.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Harry Potter blamed for rise in exorcisms

This article from the RCC saying that the occult in HP acts as a doorway to more sinister occult practices- demons don't recognise our artificial distinctions.

God Bless :)

I can't read that article without signing up for a free trial. I'm not doing that. I've already said my peace in this thread about what I think of the HP books and the Christians who don't like them.

DontCare.gif

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can't read that article without signing up for a free trial. I'm not doing that. I've already said my peace in this thread about what I think of the HP books and the Christians who don't like them.

View attachment 250429

In summary the article presents empirical evidence that the Harry Potter Books are a doorway to danger. At the end of the day we have the Holy Word of God to look to, to see how God views witchcraft etc. God Bless :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joan Lamb
Upvote 0

Sammy-San

May 23, 2013
✟104,579.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
In summary the article presents empirical evidence that the Harry Potter Books are a doorway to danger. At the end of the day we have the Holy Word of God to look to, to see how God views witchcraft etc. God Bless :)

They feel embellished-I dont know of any proof people who play around with demonic things ride on brooms.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums