Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Usually Christians who have sex before marriage think it is a sin. My priest friend said she had sex while she was engaged but didn't live with her fiancé initially because of what people would think. So she wouldn't think it is a sin. She said something about marriage initially involving "property". Is it possible that sex before marriage could be ok?

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Usually Christians who have sex before marriage think it is a sin. My priest friend said she had sex while she was engaged but didn't live with her fiancé initially because of what people would think. So she wouldn't think it is a sin. She said something about marriage initially involving "property". Is it possible that sex before marriage could be ok?

i think that keeping sex for marriage and learning to get to know each other in good and bad is much more important than getting side tracked with sex.

i think no sex before marriage is a good rule that has lots of benefits for the couples who decide to follow that Way.

Peace.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not if you have the option to get married first.
1 Thessalonians 4:1-8
1 Corinthians 6:12-20

Upvote 0

ICONO'CLAST

Apr 2, 2005
new york
✟93,319.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No...fornicators and adulterers God will judge.
Heb13
4 Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge.

The only lawful sexual activity is between one man and one woman in a lawful marraige.

1cor7:
1 Corinthians 7 King James Version (KJV)
7 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.

2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Marriage is a covenant between two loving and committed people. It does not need the blessing of church or state. Christian churches did not even requite a church wedding until the 11th century. That was at a time in church history when it was trying to gain complete control over every aspect of life.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What she thinks and said is EVIL!

Isaiah 5
20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!

Matthew 6
23 But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!

2 Corinthians 6
17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Marriage is a covenant between two loving and committed people. It does not need the blessing of church or state. Christian churches did not even requite a church wedding until the 11th century. That was at a time in church history when it was trying to gain complete control over every aspect of life.

It needs God's blessing. Fornication and adultery are for those people who don't want salvation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟950,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What denomination is your friend? I’ve never heard this. It seems she’s created a loophole that exonerates her from fornicating.

If this was a lay person the error could be corrected with little harm. But a member of the clergy is another matter. It makes me wonder what else she’s reinterpreted. And I question if others have been misinformed.

~Bella

Upvote 0

JohnClay

Married Mouth-Breather
Site Supporter
Oct 27, 2006
Australia
Visit site
✟447,819.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
What denomination is your friend?
Anglican.

I’ve never heard this. It seems she’s created a loophole that exonerates her from fornicating.
She is a supporter of same sex marriage so I suspected she might be ok with sex before marriage.

If this was a lay person the error could be corrected with little harm. But a member of the clergy is another matter. It makes me wonder what else she’s reinterpreted. And I question if others have been misinformed.

~Bella
I think she thinks Jesus didn't necessarily physically rise from the dead... that is similar to what Martin Luther King has said/written.
Was Martin Luther King Jr. a Christian?

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,604.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
According to Galatians 5, sex outside of marriage is just one of a whole list of flesh-works. Jealousy, envy, and gossiping are equal, and yet professing Christians who are jealous, envious, involved in factions, and gossips, are usually the loudest at condemning those who engage in extra-marital sex.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

You can see traffic much better when driving if you sit on the hood.
The benefits are outweighed by the risk though.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
It's not possible.

People try to justify their behavior in many ways. Doesn't make it right.

Upvote 0

Curtis.Hilliker

Now what.......
Apr 25, 2011
Tehachapi CA
✟47,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
According to Galatians 5, sex outside of marriage is just one of a whole list of flesh-works. Jealousy, envy, and gossiping are equal, and yet professing Christians who are jealous, envious, involved in factions, and gossips, are usually the loudest at condemning those who engage in extra-marital sex.

1 Corinthians 6:18

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Is it possible that sex before marriage could be ok?
No.

Having said that, people make mistakes sometimes. It's not okay to be physical with each other before marriage. But if it happens, we should repent and then ask for forgiveness. It's a mortal sin but forgiveness is available to those who repent and then seek forgiveness.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,236,301.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Which doesn't somehow make extramarital sex OK. Because those other things are not OK either.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0