US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Allah is the greatest deceiver. Qur'an 3:54.

Not the same God I worship.

I believe we should educate ourselves, as Christians, on other religious doctrines so as to remain assured we are following the one true religion and not a false one.

Upvote 0

LoveofTruth

Christ builds His church from within us
Jun 29, 2015
✟164,206.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I noticed that only a hand full of Christians understand something about Islam. Because of that reason you will hear Christians say: We have the same God as muslims.

Do we need to know something about other religions or do we only concentrate on the Bible?

It is helpful to know something about their foundational beliefs and how they say a man is saved etc and who they say can save them. Because this can be used also to show them other information about the truth. But all things should be done and said as you are led by the Spirit and according to scripture. Jesus used the pharisees traditions of men and wrong understandings of things to expose their religion and Paul did similar to pagans etc.

but at the same time i would caution some believers especially babes in what they learn and read. There is a lot of deception and their minds can be filled with confusion if they are not grounded. They can easily be tossed to and from by every wind of doctrine by the sleight of men and cunning frightens.

But if they learn from other mature brothers in there anointing that teaches all things they can see things from a christian perspective.

I would not want to see believers run off and buy other religious books and spend all their time reading them to understand them. But as they are grounded in Christ they can learn through experience and study all things that are needful in Christ.

First they should learn about Jesus and know him and be taught by him. Then they can be all things to all men

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: enigmadi
Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Allah is the greatest deceiver. Qur'an 3:54.

Not the same God I worship.

Aside from the overall question of who the god of Islam is, I have to ask about the verse you gave.

I see the full verse is as follows:
And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Compare with 2Thes, 2:11-

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Is the Quranic verse really any worse?

In Christ-

Papias

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0

smithed64

To Die is gain, To Live is Christ
Supporter
Feb 2, 2013
Chattanooga, Tennessee
✟41,497.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Aside from the overall question of who the god of Islam is, I have to ask about the verse you gave.

I see the full verse is as follows:
And they (the disbelievers) schemed, and Allah schemed (against them): and Allah is the best of schemers.

Compare with 2Thes, 2:11-

For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie

Is the Quranic verse really any worse?

In Christ-

Papias

What's the context?

2 Thes 2:1-12

v1. Paul is addressing the church of the coming of the Lord.
v2. He is telling the church not to shakened, or basically have no anxiety about the coming of the Lord
v3. For the church not to be deceived, that one of the signs of that time will be a great falling away before the son of perdition (Anti-Christ) arrived.
v4. Paul is explaining who the son of predition is and what he will do.
v5. Paul is reminding the church, that the last time he was there he had told them these things.
v6. That the son of perdition will be revealed in time.
v7. That sin is already at work, that there are certain things that are a mystery as to what sin is doing, some theologians believe it's the growing apostasy, which is spoke of in v3. Because of the great falling away, there will be people who still go to church, but not for Christ sake, but for their own. This will continue, but only in small amounts, until the one who letteth, that is the true church and God. God will let this happen and His church will survive thru it, those who are Born Again. And until the church is take away (Rapture) the son of perdition will not be revealed. But when it is, He will be.
v8. The son of perdition revealed, and the destruction of the son of perdition by God.
v9. Is about the false prophet, who will go about lying and performing acts, saying that the son of perdition allowed him to do. Will also be destroyed.
v10. There will be many who will follow after the son of perdition and his prophet, and because the did not receive the truth of the Gospel, before hand, they will also be destroyed.
v11. God will send a strong delusion, so that they would believe the lie. Because the absolutely refuse to receive the truth. They'd rather believe the lie than accept the truth. So, God will give them just what they want. Life and death, without Him.
v12. Those that turned away from God and the truth. Those that had pleasure in unrighteousness, will be damned

Plus, 2 Thes, 2:11. Doesn't say God is delusional. It says He sends a delusion.

• Agree
Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
2 Thes, 2:11. Doesn't say God is delusional. It says He sends a delusion.

I didn't say it said God was delusional. It says that God deceives people - which is exactly that the verse quoted in post #2 says. I pointed out that they seem the same to me.

Papias

• Agree
Reactions: muichimotsu
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Islam and Christian do not share the same "god". Our God is the only God. We have nothing in common with them.

Have you discussed the matter with Muslims? Have you read the Qur'an? What is the basis for your statement?

1) It's "Islam and Christianity", not "Islam and Christian".
2) God is God. There are other gods that people believe in. To them they're real and valid.
3) All people are created in God's image so we have many things in common with them. "For God so loved the world..."

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you discussed the matter with Muslims? Have you read the Qur'an? What is the basis for your statement?

2) God is God. There are other gods that people believe in. To them they're real and valid.
3) All people are created in God's image so we have many things in common with them. "For God so loved the world..."
Why would I read a fake religions book? Or talk to a muslim about it. You sound you like believe Muslims have the same "god" even though they do not. To even say its the same god is blasphemy as far as I feel. Our God is real, hence a capital G. For those who are part of the other religions, theirs is just "g"od. No more real than santa clause. Though technically muslim, buddhist...etc are religions. Christianity is not a religion per say. The world just calls it one so we all sound like we are the same.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I noticed that only a hand full of Christians understand something about Islam. Because of that reason you will hear Christians say: We have the same God as muslims.

Do we need to know something about other religions or do we only concentrate on the Bible?

It's a good idea to understand the basic beliefs of other religions.
So at least you would understand the differences, and where they are in error.

• Agree
Reactions: singpraise
Upvote 0

Widlast

Feb 11, 2016
Eastern USA
✟35,523.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Moslems may believe that they serve the same 'god' as the Christians, that does not make it so.
I have read the Quran. The 'god' it describes has very little in common with God the Father.

Upvote 0

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Papias: To answer your question: What he (NothingIsImpossible) said. :)

That doesn't answer my question. I never disputed or even addressed whether or not they were the same god. I only pointed out that the verse you quoted from the Qu'ran is little different from the verse in 2 Thes.

Papias

Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That doesn't answer my question. I never disputed or even addressed whether or not they were the same god. I only pointed out that the verse you quoted from the Qu'ran is little different from the verse in 2 Thes.

Papias

It is entirely different. The Qu'ran teaches Muslims to KILL "unbelievers" (meaning anyone who does not believe in "Allah as God and Mohammad as his Prophet"). Christianity teaches us to PRAY FOR unbelievers, not kill them.

Huge difference.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It is entirely different. The Qu'ran teaches Muslims to KILL "unbelievers" (meaning anyone who does not believe in "Allah as God and Mohammad as his Prophet"). Christianity teaches us to PRAY FOR unbelievers, not kill them.

Huge difference.

Huge nonsense. There is one verse in the Qur'an (9:5) that, quoted out of context, directs Muslims to kill unbelievers. There are many more verses in the Bible that directs Jews to kill non-Jews. In both Testaments we are commanded to love our neighbor. If you're not doing that you're not a Christian.

• Agree
Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Huge nonsense. There is one verse in the Qur'an (9:5) that, quoted out of context, directs Muslims to kill unbelievers. There are many more verses in the Bible that directs Jews to kill non-Jews. In both Testaments we are commanded to love our neighbor. If you're not doing that you're not a Christian.

Well, I am not a Qur'an scholar at all so I stand corrected. However, Muslims are not concerned with being good Christians so why would they worry about loving their neighbor?

If you're speaking of me, I do love my neighbor. I pray for Muslims to find the truth, find the one true God (not Allah), and abandon their false religion so they can be saved.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, I am not a Qur'an scholar at all so I stand corrected. However, Muslims are not concerned with being good Christians so why would they worry about loving their neighbor?

If you're speaking of me, I do love my neighbor. I pray for Muslims to find the truth, find the one true God (not Allah), and abandon their false religion so they can be saved.

And Muslims are praying for you to find the truth and find the one true God (Allah), and abandon your false religion so they can be saved. Nobody knows who is correct until judgement day.

• Agree
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,236.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The Trisagion, one of the major prayers of Christianity, is as follows in Arabic:

Quddūsun Allāh, Quddūsun al-qawī, Quddūsun alladhī lā yamūt urḥamnā.

This prayer is recited by millions of Arabic-speaking Christians around the world every week. And they have been doing so since before Islam existed.

-CryptoLutheran

• Agree
Upvote 0

singpraise

Dec 2, 2016
US
✟18,519.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And Muslims are praying for you to find the truth and find the one true God (Allah), and abandon your false religion so they can be saved. Nobody knows who is correct until judgement day.

Thank you for your prayers. I hope all people who love God will one day be joined together in understanding, love and truth. That is something to hope for. I know God sees the heart of the human person and if love is in the heart then there He dwells as well.

Reactions: pescador
Upvote 0