Christians subdue the earth or GO GREEN and save it ?

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those who wish not to do their Bible homework.

Actually the Google tab works pretty good.

Genesis 1:28 regarding subdue the Earth.

Isaiah 24: 1 through 3 regarding the Lord will destroy the Earth.

Your welcome
M-Bob

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟379,864.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is there anything God wants us to prepare before he returns? Not including our hearts and souls. Is there any instruction about the world ? He gave us rule over it while he has gone, was there anything specific ?

Here is an alternative theory on climate stabilization that fits with Isaiah 35.

Carl Cantrell.

"So how is our problem of continental drying causing global warming? It all has to do with vegetation and sunlight. When sun light hits a plant, it causes a process which we call photosynthesis where the energy from the sun light creates oxygen for us to breathe, water for us to drink, and is stored as sugar for plants and animals to use. When the same sun light hits the soil, all of its energy turns into heat and is radiated back into the atmosphere.. ."

"Therefore, the less vegetation you have on the planet, the more sunlight is being turned into heat and the warmer the planet becomes...."

"Just take a look at any satellite picture of the earth showing heat and you will see that our deserts are the warmest spots on the planet by far. More heat is being generated by just one of the top four or five deserts than by all of our cities combined.... "

"The truth is that you can do more to decrease global warming by just reducing the average temperature for the Sahara Desert by one or two degrees than if we humans completely quit using fossil fuels and returned to the cave…."

"So, how would you start working to resolve this problem? Easy, cool the deserts and get some vegetation growing on them as soon as possible. But the method is much more complex than that. You have to use the prevailing trade winds in relation to the deserts to get the best results as quickly as possible and it will be extremely expensive…."

"Then we build desalination plants along the coast near these water sheds and pipe water to the tops or ridges of the water sheds…"

"We need to start working on this as soon as possible because, if the planet reaches a point to where it is warming faster than our technology can possibly stop or reverse this warming trend, then our planet is lost and all life will cease to exist on this planet within a relatively short period of time. We will need to start with the largest and hottest deserts because cooling them will have the greatest benefit in the least time (Global Warming II by biologist Carl Cantrell)."

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
All those plagues in Revelations certainly God makes wreck of the earth.
Third of the green grass burnt up, third of the sea creatures killed off, seas turned to blood, fresh water polluted-poisoned etc....

6 So the seven angels who had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
Revelations 8
First Trumpet: Vegetation Struck
7 The first angel sounded: And hail and fire followed, mingled with blood, and they were thrown to the earth. And a third of the trees were burned up, and all green grass was burned up.

Second Trumpet: The Seas Struck
8 Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood. 9 And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.

Third Trumpet: The Waters Struck
10 Then the third angel sounded: And a great star fell from heaven, burning like a torch, and it fell on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water. 11 The name of the star is Wormwood. A third of the waters became wormwood, and many men died from the water, because it was made bitter.

Fourth Trumpet: The Heavens Struck
12 Then the fourth angel sounded: And a third of the sun was struck, a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of them were darkened. A third of the day did not shine, and likewise the night.

13 And I looked, and I heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, “Woe, woe, woe to the inhabitants of the earth, because of the remaining blasts of the trumpet of the three angels who are about to sound!”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,598.00
Faith
Christian
Earlier in Rev8, a third of things are destroyed in the earth, but here now all the waters are destroyed and every sea creature is killed after the beast is ruling on the earth by God's bowl judgements, Bowls symbolic of judgement poured out on the earth, a lot of noxious things occur when the bowl's contents pour out onto the earth..God escalates the destruction.

Revelation 16 New King James Version (NKJV)

16 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go and pour out the bowls of the wrath of God on the earth.”

First Bowl: Loathsome Sores
2 So the first went and poured out his bowl upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image.

Second Bowl: The Sea Turns to Blood
3 Then the second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it became blood as of a dead man; and every living creature in the sea died.

Third Bowl: The Waters Turn to Blood
4 Then the third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood. 5 And I heard the angel of the waters saying:

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
humans should have a balance and refine co-existing with their environment as much as possible without treading upon humans and without treading upon the planet they exist in which they can't live as creatures without.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a loud noise, and the elements will be dissolved with fire, and the earth and the works that are upon it will be burned up.
Since all the things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of persons ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be kindled and dissolved, and the elements will melt with fire! But according to his promise we wait for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.

Did you just say that since God will one day destroy this world, it's our job to "hasten" that day? Did you mean we are suppose to start destroying it now ourselves?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Did you just say that since God will one day destroy this world, it's our job to "hasten" that day? Did you mean we are suppose to start destroying it now ourselves?

We have been working on that for quite some time.

Upvote 0

Phantasman

May 12, 2012
Tennessee
✟34,626.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Wow, what a thread.

Matthew:
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

Matthew:
Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

John:
He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all.

Paul:
As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

Paul:
But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

Paul:
Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.

Paul:
Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
The foundation of the current environmentalism obsession is straight forward paganism and earth worship.
Christians need to wake up to the demonic sources of their belief systems, and to understand where it is all leading.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
The foundation of the current environmentalism obsession is straight forward paganism and earth worship.
Christians need to wake up to the demonic sources of their belief systems, and to understand where it is all leading.

Pure male bovine excrement. The environmental movement has nothing to do with paganism or earth worship. It is based on the simple recognition that mankind has now achieved the biblical in junction to subdue the earth and is now starting to destroy it. The earth is mankind's home.

Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟184,952.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Pure male bovine excrement. The environmental movement has nothing to do with paganism or earth worship. It is based on the simple recognition that mankind has now achieved the biblical in junction to subdue the earth and is now starting to destroy it. The earth is mankind's home.
Haha. Just because you are blind and deaf doesn't mean the rest of us are like that.

The modern environment movement started with Maurice Strong and Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987. Both were members of the Illuminati Club of Rome, an organisation whose purpose is to create a Satanic world government. (Starting with the United States of Europe as the first of ten kingdoms of the world under the UN. [see Daniel and Revelation])
Fear of environmental collapse is just one of the tools designed to bring all nations under the UN yoke.

There is a ton of evidence all over the internet about the pagan agenda, but I will just give one link for now.
The Earth Charter and The Ark of The Gaia Covenant

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haha. Just because you are blind and deaf doesn't mean the rest of us are like that.

The modern environment movement started with Maurice Strong and Mikhail Gorbachev in 1987. Both were members of the Illuminati Club of Rome, an organisation whose purpose is to create a Satanic world government. (Starting with the United States of Europe as the first of ten kingdoms of the world under the UN. [see Daniel and Revelation])
Fear of environmental collapse is just one of the tools designed to bring all nations under the UN yoke.

There is a ton of evidence all over the internet about the pagan agenda, but I will just give one link for now.
The Earth Charter and The Ark of The Gaia Covenant

I think that I have found the perfect fashion accessory to complete your wardrobe

eird-al-yankovic-tin-foil-hat-160x160.png

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think there certainly is a pagan component to some Green elements, and it may not always be a self-aware capital "P" Paganism, but often the unaware paganism that lots of people have in certain things...like football in Texas. I'm sure PETA doesn't consider their attitude toward animals Paganism, but...whatever dictates your moral choices is your god (Romans 6).

That said, I think it's a rather standard tactic of demons to imitate righteousness to chase believers away from it.

Good stewardship of what has been entrusted to us is righteous.

For every beast of the forest is Mine, The cattle on a thousand hills. "I know every bird of the mountains, And everything that moves in the field is Mine.

Then the LORD God took the man and put him into the garden of Eden to cultivate it and keep it.

Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father.

Stop and think about that for a moment. Kill an animal...God noted that. Was it for a reason He will agree was righteous and necessary?

And the Lord said, “Who then is the faithful and wise manager, whom his master will set over his household, to give them their portion of food at the proper time? Blessed is that servant whom his master will find so doing when he comes. Truly, I say to you, he will set him over all his possessions. But if that servant says to himself, ‘My master is delayed in coming,’ and begins to beat the male and female servants, and to eat and drink and get drunk, the master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he does not know, and will cut him in pieces and put him with the unfaithful.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

davp

Mar 24, 2013
Adelaide
✟10,484.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Seems the GREEN MOVEMENT is a little out of hand.
We hear the crys, "we had better save mother earth.
Christians know that, earth is not our mother.

God said to, "go out and subdue the earth."

People worry so much these days regarding, man destroying the earth.
Let's go GREEN and Save the earth.

News -- One will destroy this earth someday -- God -- as stated in the scriptures.

M-Bob

know the whole vial and trumpet scenerio where the angels are instructed to unleash Gods wrath, but I wonder if it's because we reached a point of no return, and mans damage of iniquity has reached full measure. Curious after the floodGod says Gen 8:
21And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

22While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

Another curious thing is Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Which means I believe, we as Christians should be trying to look after Gods creation! I was taken back after hearing a Christian once saying arogantly, it's all gonna be destroyed anyway, so might as well pump out those CFC's!
Rev 11:18 should be alarming to him. Anyway this man has now got children and grand children, shouldn't he be worried for their sake?
King James Bible 16:18
And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire.

King James Bible 16:21

And there fell upon men a great hail out of heaven, every stone about the weight of a talent: and men blasphemed God because of the plague of the hail; for the plague thereof was exceeding great.

-could this be global warming?
A fact is hail is created by hot air pushing up moist air into the upper atmosphere, rapidly cooling it!
So global warming could theoretically bring about these advents, and bowls are for storing.
Just a few thoughts.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It's not going to matter how green man kept the earth or did not keep the earth when the time comes for God to shut it all down.

Man always wants to think that he has something to do with everything.

Little man where were you when He made the sun the skies and the stars?

M-Bob

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,475,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not going to matter how green man kept the earth or did not keep the earth when the time comes for God to shut it all down.

That's like saying it doesn't matter what a man does about anything, "when the time comes for God to shut it all down."

Jesus explicitly made it certain that men would be judged by how they handled their stewardships.

Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus explicitly made it certain that men would be judged by how they handled their stewardships.
Most Christians are excellent stewards.
All I need do is look around in our Church to see that.

Even most non believers do their best to take care of what many call their mother earth but, it ain't getting them close to heaven.

M-Bob

Upvote 0