Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting video of christians being pelted with bottles, rocks, eggs and other items while at a Muslim festival in Dearborne Michigan:

Christians Stoned In Dearborne

I have to say, that at first I kinda thought well, what did you expect? I don't think this was neccessarily the right approach, as they were saying that the prophet Muhammad was a murderer and a pedophile, (both factually correct, though mabey unneccessary to share), who could save no-one, while Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven.

However, the more I thought about it, the more I thought of the times that the apostles accused the Jews of murdering the prophets, and of murdering Jesus, who was the only way to be saved, and got the same reaction, and in that context it doesn't really sound that much different.

However, the Christians were peaceful, (though obviously provocative and offensive to those Muslims that were gathered), so no matter how you may view their methods, what of the reaction, and the obvious uncaring attitude of the police department, in an American city?

If this had been Muslims being treated this way by any other group, it would have been all over every network news show. Yet I haven't seen this braodcast on any of the major networks. It was buried on a back story on FOX, but that is all.

Peace...

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...I have to say, that at first I kinda thought well, what did you expect? I don't think this was neccessarily the right approach, as they were saying that the prophet Muhammad was a murderer and a pedophile, (both factually correct, though mabey unneccessary to share), who could save no-one, while Jesus Christ was the only way to heaven...
It does seem that their appearance at what I gather was at a Muslim social function was somewhat provocative and we shouldn’t be surprised with the level of violence that the Muslims employed in retaliation toward the Christians. I do think that the Christians could have employed some better methods.

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It does seem that their appearance at what I gather was at a Muslim social function was somewhat provocative and we shouldn’t be surprised with the level of violence that the Muslims employed in retaliation toward the Christians. I do think that the Christians could have employed some better methods.

I agree, but you didn't answer the question. This was a public fair on public property. Thye had a right to say what they want, even if we disagree with it. What about the response of the police department? I might add, that the Wayne County Sherrifs department in charge of patrolling this fair already lost the first round of a civil suit brought against them for infringing another christian groups right to free speech in 2010 at this same festival in Superior Court, and were ordered to pay over 100,000.00 in attorney fees, and the punitive damages are yet to be determined. So there is a prior history of this behavior by the department.

Peace...

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟561,183.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do not think that the majority of Americans would be in favor of widespread persecution of Christians... but I think they would turn a blind eye and quietly whisper "They deserve what they get..."

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Here's my issue;

As I read stories about this incident this morning, mostly from right-leaning sources, most every article said something to the affect of, "Christians were simply holding signs with scripture on them...", but that's not true. The Christians were also holding signs that said Muhammad was a child molester, and one protestor had a dead pig head on a spike. One video I found on YouTube (which I'm not posting due to the graphic language contained in it) showed one of the Christian adults loudly yelling at kids (10-12?) and teens that they were damned and going to hell. They even had a megaphone that the police asked them not to use.

Now all of that said, nothing excuses the physical violence, and I do believe the police should have stopped it. I did read that the police said no arrests were made because they had received no formal complaints, but that they were "investigating" the footage in the video to see if arrests should be made and if they could identify anyone who had thrown things.

But I think I have to stop short of calling this "persecution", because try as I might, I just can't envision Jesus holding a dead pig's head on a spike shouting "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" through a megaphone at a 12-year old boy.

And that's the problem I have with this. This is being portrayed as a "peaceful" demonstration by Christians. But I don't know that I'd personally classify yelling at people "peaceful". Yes, they were not physical in any way, but it was anything but "peaceful".

This is one of those situations where everyone was wrong, IMO. A sad display by both parties.

:cool:

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Here's my issue;

As I read stories about this incident this morning, mostly from right-leaning sources, most every article said something to the affect of, "Christians were simply holding signs with scripture on them...", but that's not true. The Christians were also holding signs that said Muhammad was a child molester, and one protestor had a dead pig head on a spike. One video I found on YouTube (which I'm not posting due to the graphic language contained in it) showed one of the Christian adults loudly yelling at kids (10-12?) and teens that they were damned and going to hell. They even had a megaphone that the police asked them not to use.

Now all of that said, nothing excuses the physical violence, and I do believe the police should have stopped it. I did read that the police said no arrests were made because they had received no formal complaints, but that they were "investigating" the footage in the video to see if arrests should be made and if they could identify anyone who had thrown things.

But I think I have to stop short of calling this "persecution", because try as I might, I just can't envision Jesus holding a dead pig's head on a spike shouting "YOU'RE GOING TO HELL!" through a megaphone at a 12-year old boy.

And that's the problem I have with this. This is being portrayed as a "peaceful" demonstration by Christians. But I don't know that I'd personally classify yelling at people "peaceful". Yes, they were not physical in any way, but it was anything but "peaceful".

This is one of those situations where everyone was wrong, IMO. A sad display by both parties.

I gotta tell you, that what you just said kinda encapsulatged my first thoughts on this issue also. But the video really upset me, I gotta tell you. So I went to God about it and asked him how I should view this, and is this legitimate or not? Like, should we/I only be peaceful and loving, and share only to those that want to hear in environments where we/I am invited to share, or should we/I go into all areas, even those where the majority of those in power want us dead, and speak hard truth? (I know, it probably seems like I am really pre-cooking this, but I am just telling you what I did today, not trying to say I am the only one that can hear from God or anything...). Because I really don't like this kinda confrontation, and my first reaction was, "What were they thinking?".

But as I was praying, all kinda scripture started coming up inside me, about the apostles going to the temple daily where the Jewish religious leaders were, and telling the people that they had murdered the Messiah:

22 Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:
23 Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:
-Acts 2:22-23

14 But ye denied the Holy One and the Just, and desired a murderer to be granted unto you;
15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead; whereof we are witnesses.
-Acts 3:14-15

30 The God of our fathers raised up Jesus, whom ye slew and hanged on a tree.
31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
-Acts 5:30-31

51 Ye stiffnecked and uncircumcised in heart and ears, ye do always resist the Holy Ghost: as your fathers did, so do ye.
52 Which of the prophets have not your fathers persecuted? and they have slain them which shewed before of the coming of the Just One; of whom ye have been now the betrayers and murderers:
53 Who have received the law by the disposition of angels, and have not kept it.
-Acts 7:51-53

I could go on as there are multiple examples of this. They regularly went to the temple and said these things, preaching the gospel. They knew the temple was hostile territory, yet they continued to do so, even though there was a whole city where they could evangelize, and they had enough numbers after the first couple of times to be holding their own services in a non-confrontational way in some other place.

I said to the Father, "Yes, but that was the temple that had your name on it, mabey that was different?"

But then the actions and words of Jesus came up before me, where Jesus called them the children of the devil, and that they too would die and go to hell if they did not repent, and other such things:

42 Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
43 Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
-John 8:42-44

1There were present at that season some that told him of the Galilaeans, whose blood Pilate had mingled with their sacrifices.
2 And Jesus answering said unto them, Suppose ye that these Galilaeans were sinners above all the Galilaeans, because they suffered such things?
3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
4 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
-Luke 13:1-5

28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
-Luke 13:28

21 Then said Jesus again unto them, I go my way, and ye shall seek me, and shall die in your sins: whither I go, ye cannot come.
22 Then said the Jews, Will he kill himself? because he saith, Whither I go, ye cannot come.
23 And he said unto them, Ye are from beneath; I am from above: ye are of this world; I am not of this world.
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.
-John 8:21-24

There are many many more examples, when Jesus said things that He simply didn't need to say, if He didn't want to anger them, yet He said them anyways. And they usually tried to stone Him, or kill Him, or arrest Him on such occasions.

And this doesn' include the times that Pual preached to the Jews in synogogues around the Roman Empire saying exactly the same things, or even in the Aereopogus before the pagan gods, telling them that those that they worshipped were not gods, but that Jesus was the Son of the One True God. I suppose that it would be the case, that we could easily blame both Jesus and the apostles for much of their own persecution, if we read the Bible fairly. Yet today, we are so invested in peaceful evangelism, that we tend to discount those that do such things.

I must say, this wasn't part of my praying, but as I just read your post, and your comment about the supposed 12 year old, I recalled how the Jews stirred up the honourable and devout women to percecute the disciples:

50 But the Jews stirred up the devout and honourable women, and the chief men of the city, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.
-Acts 13:50

This isn't a new tactic, apparently. I watched not just this clip, but the full 1 hour clip, to get the full context. Most of these kids parents were there, and egging their kids on to throw bottles and rocks and stools and milk crates at these preachers, or just ignoring their kids actions while they did it. They were using their kids as weapons. If a child is old enough to be assualting preachers, they are old enough to be told they are going to hell if they don't repent.

And regarding the pigs head, I read a full on interview with the organizer of the witnessing party, and he said that they bought the pigs head to keep the people at bay, cause muslims consider pigs unclean, and wont get close to them, as last year they were physically assualted with fists. That part apparantly worked he said, as the muslims assaulting them didn't want to get to close, and mostly only threw things.

Anyways, all that to say, that I am not so sure that this was that out of line on the side of the christians. At least, not out of line with biblical precedent. Mabey out of line with our modern sensibilties, but not out of line with the biblical New Testament record.

Of course, we are better and wiser than either Jesus or the apostles back then, and we know how to witness better than they did, I am certain. We can do it peacefully without causing anger and persecution, can't we? We just wont say anything that might make them mad, right? (Yes, I admit, a little sarcasm is noted...) And to be honest, as I said at the beginning, I don't like confrontation. This is n't how I would do it. But I have to also be fair in my response. After praying about it, and having the Spirit bring all this scripture up out of me while praying, I cannot in good conscience say that what these christians did was in any basic biblical way incorrect, or even unwise. I guess it is different callings for different people. But we should not in any way denigrate the efforts of these christians, unless we wish to do the same to both Jesus and the apostles.

Peace...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟134,796.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well, IMHO, this is a far cry from any of that. When I watched the videos, I didn't see people trying to evangelize because they cared for the people they were yelling at. I saw people who simply wanted the attention on them and their rights, who wanted a "viral video" that would make waves to that affect. And that's exactly what they got.

The Apostles had some incredible successes. When Peter addressed the crowd in Acts and said things like, "The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers, has glorified his servant Jesus. You handed him over to be killed, and you disowned him before Pilate, though he had decided to let him go. You disowned the Holy and Righteous One and asked that a murderer be released to you. You killed the author of life, but God raised him from the dead. We are witnesses of this.", the result of this was (1) they were imprisoned and (2) 5,000 people were added to their numbers.

So I have no problem with a "direct" approach to evangelism, but it should bear fruit. Good fruit.

Additionally, when Jesus told people that they needed to repent, He didn't stand there for an hour and beat them over the head with that Truth repeatedly yelling at them, "You're going to hell!". He made a simple statement and moved on. Indeed, He even instructed His own disciples when He commissioned them to go into homes and towns to simply leave where they were not welcomed and shake the dust off their feet as a testimony against them.

I understand and agree that the Apostles and Jesus often presented a hard message. But they also had much good fruit that came of it.

To steal a line from an 80's commercial (sort of), "Where's the fruit?" ;)

Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, IMHO, this is a far cry from any of that. When I watched the videos, I didn't see people trying to evangelize because they cared for the people they were yelling at. I saw people who simply wanted the attention on them and their rights, who wanted a "viral video" that would make waves to that affect. And that's exactly what they got.
That is a huge assumption of their motives.

The Apostles had some incredible successes.
They also had some incredible failures, being run out of multiple cities, and stoned, etc.

So I have no problem with a "direct" approach to evangelism, but it should bear fruit. Good fruit.
Jesus and the apostles didn't just have a "direct" approach, they called them murderers and children of the devil.

Additionally, when Jesus told people that they needed to repent, He didn't stand there for an hour and beat them over the head with that Truth repeatedly yelling at them, "You're going to hell!". He made a simple statement and moved on. Indeed, He even instructed His own disciples when He commissioned them to go into homes and towns to simply leave where they were not welcomed and shake the dust off their feet as a testimony against them.

That is true, but that is not the whole Bible. That is one place. And Jesus stayed much longer than an hour in many of these places. Specifically, when He went up to the feasts, He would spend days there. Much of the persecution happened during this time. To the point that He had to sneak in incognito at times. He should have just shaken the dust off of His feet and left, shouldn't He?

I understand and agree that the Apostles and Jesus often presented a hard message.

So this is a "hard message" when Jesus and the apostles did it, but "seeking attention" when someone else does it?

But they also had much good fruit that came of it. To steal a line from an 80's commercial (sort of), "Where's the fruit?"

Yes, Jesus and the Apostle did have much good fruit, but not every time, or in every place.

And how do you know that this group doesn't have good fruit? They do this all over the country, street preaching that is, in difficult places where the rest of us wouldn't likely go. That is what they are called to do, according to the organizer. Do you know anything about them? Are you in a position to judge their fruit?

Peace...

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I agree, but you didn't answer the question. This was a public fair on public property. Thye had a right to say what they want, even if we disagree with it...
I’m not all that sure that there was a question in your opening post. (Thanks to probinson for the updates)

I agree that they were on public property but this does not permit any group to behave in an unruly manner by trying to be provocative. As for having a ‘right to say what they want’, even though I’m no expert in the US Constitution I would have thought that this would not be the case as there is always a limit as to what someone can and should be able to say. Are you suggesting that the Muslims would be within their rights to stand outside your church on public property while they are yelling insults to the Sunday school children about their parents - hardly.

I gotta tell you, that what you just said kinda encapsulatged my first thoughts on this issue also. But the video really upset me, I gotta tell you. So I went to God about it and asked him how I should view this, and is this legitimate or not? Like, should we/I only be peaceful and loving, and share only to those that want to hear in environments where we/I am invited to share, or should we/I go into all areas, even those where the majority of those in power want us dead, and speak hard truth? (I know, it probably seems like I am really pre-cooking this, but I am just telling you what I did today, not trying to say I am the only one that can hear from God or anything...). Because I really don't like this kinda confrontation, and my first reaction was, "What were they thinking?".
But as I was praying, all kinda scripture started coming up inside me, about the apostles going to the temple daily where the Jewish religious leaders were, and telling the people that they had murdered the Messiah:
I’m not sure how we received this during prayer and the Apostles and disciples certainly did not go into the temple on a daily basis in the manner that you suggested. Sadly you have misconstrued Acts 2 in that Peter did not jump up and down ranting and raving whilst throwing around pigs blood but he simply responded to a question put to him by a group of Jews – and who says that this happened in the temple, though I grant that this could have been the case but we don’t know.

Post #6 And this doesn' include the times that Pual preached to the Jews in synogogues around the Roman Empire saying exactly the same things, or even in the Aereopogus before the pagan gods, telling them that those that they worshipped were not gods, but that Jesus was the Son of the One True God. I suppose that it would be the case, that we could easily blame both Jesus and the apostles for much of their own persecution, if we read the Bible fairly. Yet today, we are so invested in peaceful evangelism, that we tend to discount those that do such things.
Show me from within the Scriptures where Paul ever walked into a Jewish synagogue waving around a pigs head? And where did Paul ever stand go ‘around the Roman Empire saying exactly the same things...”; it seems that your take on the Biblical record is in stark opposition to the Word itself. Paul always displayed courtesy and respect to the people that he approached and if he ever behaved the way in which this rabble did then he wouldn’t have lasted a week nor would he have been entitled to be called an Apostle of God.

Post #6 And regarding the pigs head, I read a full on interview with the organizer of the witnessing party, and he said that they bought the pigs head to keep the people at bay, cause muslims consider pigs unclean, and wont get close to them, as last year they were physically assualted with fists. That part apparantly worked he said, as the muslims assaulting them didn't want to get to close, and mostly only threw things.
Are you really being serious? The organisers of this protest group were simply trying to inflame the situation...no group in their right mind why do such a thing.

Anyways, all that to say, that I am not so sure that this was that out of line on the side of the christians. At least, not out of line with biblical precedent. Mabey out of line with our modern sensibilties, but not out of line with the biblical New Testament record.
I’m surprised that the police didn’t lay charges against this so-called Christian group as they appear to be essentially an irresponsible rabble – and I think that I’m being polite. If this is the best that they can do then maybe they would be better off packing up their bags and doing something else on a Sunday.

As for ‘not being out of line with biblical precedent’, I suspect that both Jesus and Paul would have severely rebuked this group as their shameful behaviour would have brought discredit on the name of the Lord.

The question I have is that I hope that the Christian community in that city stood up and expressed remorse for the shameful behaviour of this rabble and that they also ask the police to come down hard on them if they try the same antics next year – what a blight on the name of Christ!

As for the supposed improper behaviour by the police in earlier years, this has no bearing on the shameful behaviour of this group on the day and hopefully the police will be better organised next year.

As you can tell...I'm thoroughly disgusted that we could ever consider this type of behaviour as being a legitimate form of protest and hopefully next year the local authorities will be better prepared and maybe through this rabble into prison for a night to two - is this the best that the US church can do!

Upvote 0

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I’m not all that sure that there was a question in your opening post. (Thanks to probinson for the updates)

I agree that they were on public property but this does not permit any group to behave in an unruly manner by trying to be provocative. As for having a ‘right to say what they want’, even though I’m no expert in the US Constitution I would have thought that this would not be the case as there is always a limit as to what someone can and should be able to say. Are you suggesting that the Muslims would be within their rights to stand outside your church on public property while they are yelling insults to the Sunday school children about their parents - hardly.

I’m not sure how we received this during prayer and the Apostles and disciples certainly did not go into the temple on a daily basis in the manner that you suggested. Sadly you have misconstrued Acts 2 in that Peter did not jump up and down ranting and raving whilst throwing around pigs blood but he simply responded to a question put to him by a group of Jews – and who says that this happened in the temple, though I grant that this could have been the case but we don’t know.

Show me from within the Scriptures where Paul ever walked into a Jewish synagogue waving around a pigs head? And where did Paul ever stand go ‘around the Roman Empire saying exactly the same things...”; it seems that your take on the Biblical record is in stark opposition to the Word itself. Paul always displayed courtesy and respect to the people that he approached and if he ever behaved the way in which this rabble did then he wouldn’t have lasted a week nor would he have been entitled to be called an Apostle of God.

Are you really being serious? The organisers of this protest group were simply trying to inflame the situation...no group in their right mind why do such a thing.

I’m surprised that the police didn’t lay charges against this so-called Christian group as they appear to be essentially an irresponsible rabble – and I think that I’m being polite. If this is the best that they can do then maybe they would be better off packing up their bags and doing something else on a Sunday.

As for ‘not being out of line with biblical precedent’, I suspect that both Jesus and Paul would have severely rebuked this group as their shameful behaviour would have brought discredit on the name of the Lord.

The question I have is that I hope that the Christian community in that city stood up and expressed remorse for the shameful behaviour of this rabble and that they also ask the police to come down hard on them if they try the same antics next year – what a blight on the name of Christ!

As for the supposed improper behaviour by the police in earlier years, this has no bearing on the shameful behaviour of this group on the day and hopefully the police will be better organised next year.

As you can tell...I'm thoroughly disgusted that we could ever consider this type of behaviour as being a legitimate form of protest and hopefully next year the local authorities will be better prepared and maybe through this rabble into prison for a night to two - is this the best that the US church can do!

Thank you for this bit of common sense. There is an element of Christianity that is itching for a confrontation with muslims, especially here, where they feel confident of support.
I happen to work at that intersection where the festival was held, and have worked in Dearborn for thirty years.

The arabs and muslims in that community make no practice of harassing or disrespecting Christians. I don't like the religion or agree with it. But for me as a Christian to show up at one of their events and provoke anger and defensive attitudes is not Christ like. How many got saved again?

Dearborn has seen out-of-towners show up at local mosques to "protest" and they come annually to this festival, video cameras in tow, to get all the publicity they can get. They have their reward.

As I wrote in another forum, why don't these "christians" show up at a synagogue and display this behavior? Why not show up at a public event with the pope or some other Catholic leader and put on a show? How would they respond if they were at a church picnic and a group of muslims showed up and started shouting obscenities about Jesus and ridiculing our beliefs? This just strikes me as stupid. Paul said he became all things to all men. Often they couldn't bear the word he brought. But it wasn't because he was rude, nasty, or insulting.

Conscientious muslims perceive american culture as a reflection of our Christian heritage. As such, they are appalled at our drugs, booze, inappropriate contentography etc, and they aren't impressed with our witness. It will take much more than sticking a sign or a megaphone in their face.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DMW

Feb 4, 2005
Michigan
✟16,680.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
As for those who are amazed at the police behavior, I can only say that they've had a stomach full of this nonsense in the last couple years. They've lost some court battles by trying to accommodate the the arab population at the expense of the "rights" of these protesters to harass them. I'm for the freedom of speech. Lets use it wisely and effectively.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
...As I wrote in another forum, why don't these "christians" show up at a synagogue and display this behavior? Why not show up at a public event with the pope or some other Catholic leader and put on a show? How would they respond if they were at a church picnic and a group of muslims showed up and started shouting obscenities about Jesus and ridiculing our beliefs? This just strikes me as stupid. Paul said he became all things to all men. Often they couldn't bear the word he brought. But it wasn't because he was rude, nasty, or insulting...
Even though I see Islam as being a scourge on the face of the earth, most Muslims are simply Muslims as a result of being born within this cultural system and probably only get involved with its practices because they have little choice. When it comes to the orthodox or extreme Islamists then these individuals are certainly dangerous and I have no doubt that they relish seeing rabble-elements protesting in the manner that they have in Dearborn as they know that most fair minded people will be repulsed by their behaviour – as we should be.

I would not be surprised to find that many of these protestors are simply a part of some so called ‘Christian’ rent-a-rabble’ where they roll up at various religious meetings trying to start a fight.

Whenever we find ourselves sanctioning this type of disgraceful behaviour I think that we need to take a careful look into our values making sure that we don't end up endorsing the techniques that are frequently used by those who oppose us.

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

at the expense of their civil rights?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
jump up and down ranting and raving whilst throwing around pigs blood

At what time frame in the clip were the Chrsitians jumping up and down whilst throwing pigs blood around? I watched the full 1 hour 9 minute unedited version, and never say anything like that. I did see the crowd of persecuters jumping up and down alot and throwing objects, some of which injured the christians.

It does intrigue me though, as to why you would feel the need to fabricate actions and apply them to the christians in question in order to make your point... Obviously, their behavior wasn't sufficiently offensive in and of itself for you to draw a satisfactory moral deduction to support your argument without the addition of spurious facts.

...ask the police to come down hard on them if they try the same antics next year ...
...hopefully next year the local authorities will be better prepared and maybe through this rabble into prison for a night to two - is this the best that the US church can do!

Apparently you have no concept of the constitution nor the gaurantee of freedom of speech.

The police did throw christians in jail there in 2010 for handing out tracts. They were found not guilty in a jury trial, then filed suit against the county for violation of their freedom of speech and won the suit against the county. They have a right to free speech under the constitution of the United States and as long as they are not threatening anyone, nor using profanity, nor assualting anyone, (and they did none of those things), they can say what they want.

Those in the crowd however, did threaten the christians, used copious profanity, and assaulted them. The fact that you cannot see the difference between these behaviors, speaks volumes to me.

Peace...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

dkbwarrior

Favoured of the Lord
Sep 19, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
✟14,349.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
where were the police? Eating donuts at the fair or what?

The police were there watching. They refused to intervene or keep the peace. The sheriff there is a self proclaimed Muslim. They tried to ban Christians from handing out literature or speaking there altogether the two years prior, starting by arresting christians for handing out tracts there in 2010, but the District Court of the United States ruled against Wayne County, and in behalf of the Christians. So the police appeared to decide that since they had to let thim in, if they simply allowed the Christians to be assaulted, that would make them leave.

That is what is so shameful about this. It was a conspiracy of the Wayne County Sherrifs department to discourage christians from speaking or even coming to the festival by the unspoken threat of allowing them to be physically violated. This can likely be considered criminal conspiracy, and dereliction of the public trust, and could likely end in prison time for the sherrif, and/or his deputies, if it can be proven. The video goes a long ways to provide that truth.

Peace...

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The police were there watching. They refused to intervene or keep the peace. The sheriff there is a self proclaimed Muslim. They tried to ban Christians from handing out literature or speaking there altogether the two years prior, starting by arresting christians for handing out tracts there in 2010, but the District Court of the United States ruled against Wayne County, and in behalf of the Christians. So the police appeared to decide that since they had to let thim in, if they simply allowed the Christians to be assaulted, that would make them leave.

That is what is so shameful about this. It was a conspiracy of the Wayne County Sherrifs department to discourage christians from speaking or even coming to the festival by the unspoken threat of allowing them to be physically violated. This can likely be considered criminal conspiracy, and dereliction of the public trust, and could likely end in prison time for the sherrif, and/or his deputies, if it can be proven. The video goes a long ways to provide that truth.

Peace...

so now we have to be muslim to go to a muslim fair? Thats not fair! Get it? Fair, and Fair?

Upvote 0

createdtoworship

In the grip of grace
Mar 13, 2004
West Coast USA
✟33,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Let’s see how the law defines Battery:

A battery is the willful or intentional touching of a person against that person’s will by another person, or by an object or substance put in motion by that other person. Such an offensive touching can constitute a battery even though it does not cause physical injury, and could not reasonably be expected to cause injury. A defendant who emphatically pokes the plaintiff in the chest with his index finger to emphasize a point may be culpable for battery (although the damages award that results may well be small or nominal). Similarly, a defendant who spits on a plaintiff has committed a battery, even where the only injury is to the plaintiff’s dignity.

The video clearly shows multiple counts of assault, battery, and aggravated battery were inflicted upon Mr. Israel and his friends by the crowd shouting Allahu Akbar.

Let’s see how the law defines Assault:

While references to “assault and battery” make it seem like the two acts are inseparable, within the context of personal injury law they are usually considered separate acts. An “assault” is an act which creates fear of an imminent battery. A “battery” is an unlawful, offensive touching.

Both assault and battery are intentional torts, meaning that the defendant actually intends cause harm to the plaintiff, be that the fear inspired by the assault or the offensive contact resulting from the battery. For a battery, there is no requirement that the victim suffer a physical injury. A battery may be indirect, caused by contact through a thrown stone, or spitting, and need not cause any harm beyond the contact itself in order to be actionable.

from another video 20 minutes long that shows more of this...

American Muslims Stone Christians - The United West

Upvote 0