• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Christians Need to be a Protected Group!

Discussion in 'Persecuted Christians' started by HARK!, May 8, 2021.

1. HARK!

HARK! Well-Known Member Staff Member Purple Team - Moderator Supporter

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Because he was being approached by an angry mob before he was knifed by one of them; and this is only one of many, many, videos that I have seen on the subject?

By the way, I can't link this video; because of the profanity that was being shouted by the mob; but the knifeman didn't say a word. He attacked like a silent snake.

2. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Not in that case; but it appears that his attackers got off Scott free.

I have seen cases however, where the preacher gets unjustly arrested.

3. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Wow! ...and they violated the cameraman's 1st amendment rights. The SCOTUS has ruled on this.

4. Norbert L

Norbert L Well-Known Member Supporter

+850
    Christian Seeker
    Single
    This is about Ambrose University in Canada which claims to represent Christ. Dated May 6,2021. It involves a Christian brother who was invited there to speak. Afterwards they shunned him because of what he said about systematic racism.

Although this is far less significant on the scale of persecution where immediate threats to life and body happen. It is type of an academic persecution/shunning of ideas within the Christian community.

Black Christian denounced by Christian university over systemic racism comment

Any thoughts?

5. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    This did.

Fortunately our right to speak here, is protected by those who protect and serve.

6. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    This is sexual assault, and a hate crime, IMO.

No one cared. Nobody came to his rescue.

This situation waxes to the oppression of the messengers in the days of Lott.

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  7. SilverBear

SilverBear Well-Known Member

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    From what i saw and read on the incident the assailant and the "angry mod" were not connected. It was in fact the "angry mob" that stopped the assailant and provided first aid to the victim.

So why were they angry in the first place?

8. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    the right to speak doesn't include using a microphone and thus violating noise ordnance and disturbing the peace (charges he pled guilty to in court BTW). Just because he is a preacher doesn't mean he is above the law

9. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    sexual assault? Yeah right

10. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Not connected?

Where did you read that?

11. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Plead guilty?

I'd like to see your source.

12. HARK!

+3,748
    United States
    Messianic
    Married
    Yeah right. If a gang of men had done the same thing to a lesbian; it would have made national headlines.

So you're OK with the homosexuals' behavior?

Last edited: May 9, 2021
  13. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Thank you for the fine examples of how you are personally being persecuted

14. Tolkien R.R.J

Tolkien R.R.J Well-Known Member

+261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
  15. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Still waiting to find out how you personally are being persecuted.

16. Tolkien R.R.J

+261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution

sorry, my internet has been down. I wanted to compile some examples. To start, I never said I was; I said Christians across the world are the most persecuted. I also said just because something is in law does not mean its applied equally as governments mistreat minorities and dissenting groups all the time. Take the first amedment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Yet they do this all the time. What was a guarantee of freedom of religion has become freedom of atheism and freedom from religion. Christianity is kicked out of the public square. Teach the truth of the bible to kids or in the government see how long you have a job. And yet I have my money stolen by the government to fund what I see as evil, for example, what is taught in public schools where I was as a youth, and kids today, are being indoctrinated in anti-christ propaganda.

17. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    Kicked out or no longer has exclusive access?

Treating Christianity the same as other religions isn't oppressing Christianity

The result would be if one were to go into a public school and teach the truth of the quaran or the truth of the Bhagavad Gita.

and others view teaching creationism as evil.

18. Tolkien R.R.J

+261
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Constitution
    treating Christianity less than secularism is. forcing Christians to fund there worldview via secular schools is.

mostly agree, and that is my point, we no longer have freedom of, but from religion.

and they should fund their own religious schools, I have no issue with that. but forcing Christian to fund there worldview i do take issue with.

19. SilverBear

+1,930
    Non-Denom
    Widowed
    what worldview are you talking about?