Christians Need to be a Protected Group!

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
so how does this support your "I could show numerous videos of street preachers being beaten down by angry mobs here in the US" claim?

Because he was being approached by an angry mob before he was knifed by one of them; and this is only one of many, many, videos that I have seen on the subject?

By the way, I can't link this video; because of the profanity that was being shouted by the mob; but the knifeman didn't say a word. He attacked like a silent snake.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
And the police came and arrested the preacher instead of the people who beat him up??
Not in that case; but it appears that his attackers got off Scott free.

I have seen cases however, where the preacher gets unjustly arrested.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Wow again...

on June 20, as two missionaries, Rezkalla and Josh Hogg, stood on the public sidewalk handing out the Gospel of John to passersby willing to take them. The Christians were there for approximately 5 minutes when eight City police officers descended upon them, seized them, and brought them to the police command trailer located inside the festival where the Christians were admonished, photographed, and ordered to stop their peaceful religious activity.

Wow! ...and they violated the cameraman's 1st amendment rights. The SCOTUS has ruled on this.

• Agree
Reactions: Landon Caeli
Upvote 0

Norbert L

Supporter
Mar 1, 2009
✟560,360.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you really wanted you could reference them by name and date.
This is about Ambrose University in Canada which claims to represent Christ. Dated May 6,2021. It involves a Christian brother who was invited there to speak. Afterwards they shunned him because of what he said about systematic racism.

Although this is far less significant on the scale of persecution where immediate threats to life and body happen. It is type of an academic persecution/shunning of ideas within the Christian community.

Black Christian denounced by Christian university over systemic racism comment

Any thoughts?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Because he was being approached by an angry mob before he was knifed by one of them; and this is only one of many, many, videos that I have seen on the subject?

By the way, I can't link this video; because of the profanity that was being shouted by the mob; but the knifeman didn't say a word. He attacked like a silent snake.
From what i saw and read on the incident the assailant and the "angry mod" were not connected. It was in fact the "angry mob" that stopped the assailant and provided first aid to the victim.

So why were they angry in the first place?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
This did.

Fortunately our right to speak here, is protected by those who protect and serve.
the right to speak doesn't include using a microphone and thus violating noise ordnance and disturbing the peace (charges he pled guilty to in court BTW). Just because he is a preacher doesn't mean he is above the law

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
the right to speak doesn't include using a microphone and thus violating noise ordnance and disturbing the peace (charges he pled guilty to in court BTW). Just because he is a preacher doesn't mean he is above the law

Plead guilty?

I'd like to see your source.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,060,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
sexual assault? Yeah right

Yeah right. If a gang of men had done the same thing to a lesbian; it would have made national headlines.

So you're OK with the homosexuals' behavior?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolkien R.R.J

Jul 23, 2018
Virginia
✟74,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Still waiting to find out how you personally are being persecuted.

sorry, my internet has been down. I wanted to compile some examples. To start, I never said I was; I said Christians across the world are the most persecuted. I also said just because something is in law does not mean its applied equally as governments mistreat minorities and dissenting groups all the time. Take the first amedment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Yet they do this all the time. What was a guarantee of freedom of religion has become freedom of atheism and freedom from religion. Christianity is kicked out of the public square. Teach the truth of the bible to kids or in the government see how long you have a job. And yet I have my money stolen by the government to fund what I see as evil, for example, what is taught in public schools where I was as a youth, and kids today, are being indoctrinated in anti-christ propaganda.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
sorry, my internet has been down. I wanted to compile some examples. To start, I never said I was; I said Christians across the world are the most persecuted. I also said just because something is in law does not mean its applied equally as governments mistreat minorities and dissenting groups all the time. Take the first amedment

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

Yet they do this all the time. What was a guarantee of freedom of religion has become freedom of atheism and freedom from religion. Christianity is kicked out of the public square.
Kicked out or no longer has exclusive access?

Treating Christianity the same as other religions isn't oppressing Christianity

Teach the truth of the bible to kids or in the government see how long you have a job.
The result would be if one were to go into a public school and teach the truth of the quaran or the truth of the Bhagavad Gita.

And yet I have my money stolen by the government to fund what I see as evil, for example, what is taught in public schools where I was as a youth, and kids today, are being indoctrinated in anti-christ propaganda.
and others view teaching creationism as evil.

Upvote 0

Tolkien R.R.J

Jul 23, 2018
Virginia
✟74,559.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Kicked out or no longer has exclusive access?

Treating Christianity the same as other religions isn't oppressing Christianity

The result would be if one were to go into a public school and teach the truth of the quaran or the truth of the Bhagavad Gita.

and others view teaching creationism as evil.

treating Christianity less than secularism is. forcing Christians to fund there worldview via secular schools is.

mostly agree, and that is my point, we no longer have freedom of, but from religion.

and they should fund their own religious schools, I have no issue with that. but forcing Christian to fund there worldview i do take issue with.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟166,106.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
treating Christianity less than secularism is. forcing Christians to fund there worldview via secular schools is.

mostly agree, and that is my point, we no longer have freedom of, but from religion.

and they should fund their own religious schools, I have no issue with that. but forcing Christian to fund there worldview i do take issue with.
what worldview are you talking about?

Upvote 0