Christians in the south

n2wolves

Sep 4, 2003
Tennessee
✟15,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
cherokee sometimes it's hard to see the good in people when the bad we see just jumps up and smacks us in the face...at least thats the way i see things sometimes. I find myself sometimes wanting to say something negative about someone and second guess myself...should i say it? would it offend anyone? am i being christlike?....but every now and then i open my big mouth and out it comes something i shouldn't have said in the first place. sister you've erred and i forgive you...just as all of us err in our walks with Christ. God Bless, In His Majesty's Service, John

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hmmmm. . . .. I grew up in the South, traveled quite a bit, and settled back here. I would have to say there are "cultural Christians" all over. I find it gratifying, traveling thru the Southern states to see how many churches there are. . . . . The Lord is ALIVE in the South :clap:
But I don't argue that there ARE some who go to church - in the South and in most areas - only one day a week. They are "church goers", not Christians *giggle* ^_^ I pray for them to truly come to know and accept the Lord.

--Sandy

Upvote 0

n2wolves

Sep 4, 2003
Tennessee
✟15,600.00
Faith
Non-Denom
SandyLou said:
Hmmmm. . . .. I grew up in the South, traveled quite a bit, and settled back here. I would have to say there are "cultural Christians" all over. I find it gratifying, traveling thru the Southern states to see how many churches there are. . . . . The Lord is ALIVE in the South :clap:
But I don't argue that there ARE some who go to church - in the South and in most areas - only one day a week. They are "church goers", not Christians *giggle* ^_^ I pray for them to truly come to know and accept the Lord.

--Sandy
Sandy who are you to say who is and who isn't a Christian? Only our Lord and Savior has that priviledge. :bow: Last time I looked which is everyday scripture doesn't count the number of times you attend church as a basis of our continual walk as Christians.

Upvote 0

Ric

1 John 5:13
Feb 6, 2002
Orlando, Florida
Visit site
✟9,815.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
SandyLou said:

--Sandy
You and me both sister! :pray:

Upvote 0

SandyLou

The Order of the Candle
Mar 1, 2004
Lakeland, FL
Visit site
✟2,869.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
n2wolves said:
Last time I looked which is everyday scripture doesn't count the number of times you attend church as a basis of our continual walk as Christians.

Exactly my point! :clap: It's walking the walk - not standing in a church or talking the talk.
Good for you, staying daily in scripture!

--Sandylou

Upvote 0

TwistrAndy

TwistrAndy
Mar 1, 2004
Huntersville, NC
✟414.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I live in the South, and the churches that you refer to that around here are the Baptist Churches. When I went to one and hear of others talking about it, it seems that those are the churches which are more "traditional". They get up sing 3 songs, (with no spirit to me), and listen to a preacher, and leave when the service is over. Now, I'm not saying that's the way it is with all Baptist churches, cause there is a spiritual one in the next town over. But the ones here that I've been to are like the ones you described. However, I go to a Pentecostal church, and we are very spiritual, we sing, clap, shout, and feel God every time we enter the door. We fellowship, and we are expected to live a Christian life, not a two-faced one. Alot, of the Pentecostal Churches are full of love, and welcome. *Not saying it's the only church of course.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BigTank82

Aug 5, 2003
Fayetteville, Ar
Visit site
✟153.00
Faith
Methodist
Hmm.. I live in Fayetteville, Arkansas and I know tons and tons of saved christians. I love christ, and I love the people at the church I attend with, and I love the church I attend.. I agree, there are people that just 'attend church' but I have to disagree with the comment that The South the leads the nation or world whatever with unsaved souls because there are tons of saved christians. Go South!

Upvote 0