yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What role, if any, do you think Christians will have during the millenium?

Or will all the governing be done by Jews?
The word, Christian, will not be used. That is only applied to born again in Christ believers who are still remaining alive in their old Adam man bodies in this Gentile age.
No one on earth will be called a "christian" in the millennial reign because for one, Hebrew -the Edenic mother tongue- will be restored to the nations as a reversal of the Bab-El curse, and that pure language will be restored.
The Spirit of Christ is מָשִׁיחַ mashiyach in Hebrew.
No one will enter the millennial reign to repopulate the devastated earth but those who receive second birth of Spirit when Jesus judges them -sheep Gentiles and elect Jews- at Sinai and in Jerusalem, and they enter into the millennial reign as sons of מָשִׁיחַ mashiyach, who is come in flesh and whose name is "Israel" in that flesh, and all will call Him
"yĕshuw`ah" Psalm 118: 21
which is "My Salvation"
speaker18x12.png

When we who are perfected in Spirit by the adoption into that One Living Spirit are perfected in bodies of the adoption, then we will not be called "Christians", in heaven, but the New Man name will be written on our regenerated flesh, and we will be the adopted sons of "Israel", with the new man name.

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmmm, I wonder if everyone will speak the same language.
We all did, before the tower of Babel, and we still speak the mother tongue, only all "confounded".
The pure language will be restored on earth in the millennium, to the nations/people.

"For then I will turn הפך haphak -to turn about- to the nations/peoples [the pure] pure language, That they all may call on the name of the LORD, To serve Him with one accord."
הפך haphak 2) to turn, turn about, turn over, turn around

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What role, if any, do you think Christians will have during the millenium?

Or will all the governing be done by Jews?

First of all, this idea that Jews are special has to stop.

1 Corinthians 7:19
Circumcision is nothing and uncircumcision is nothing. Keeping God’s commands is what counts.

Galatians 5:6
For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Galatians 6:15
Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is the new creation.

Secondly, if you want to know your role in the millennium, look at your role today because as All Souls said, you are living in the millennium.

Upvote 0

Bethwhite

Feb 12, 2013
✟2,318.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Gee, if we're in the millennium now, then those who were beheaded by the beast should have been resurrected. (Rev 20)

If we're in the millennium now, then all nations will be celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem or else they will be punished. (Zech 14)

If we're in the millennium now, then the people of the earth have beat their swords into plowshares, not learning war anymore.

If we're in the millennium now, then Israel's land has increased from the Euphrates to the Mediterranean.

If we're in the millennium now, then people will take firm hold of a Jew and say, "Let us go with you to Jerusalem, for we have heard the Lord is with you".

If we're in the millennium now, then the Kingdom has been restored to Israel.

If we're in the millennium now, then Ezekiel's temple is standing and the glory of God has come to it.

If we're in the millennium now, then those who only live to be 100 will be considered a mere youth.

If we're in the millennium now, then every man has his own plot of land to tend.

If we're in the millennium now, then God's law has been written on the hearts of men and they strive to follow him.

Upvote 0

Hockey_Fan

Man of Mystery
Jan 3, 2009
✟9,002.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I personally do not think we are in the millenium NOW. Maybe there won't be a millenium at all, I don't know.

But if this is it, it rates as something of a disappointment thus far: super storms, draught, earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars, economic and political chaos, Israel on the verge of annihilation, moral decay everywhere. Honestly, I was expecting a little better. Oh well.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,404,763.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I personally do not think we are in the millenium NOW. Maybe there won't be a millenium at all, I don't know.

But if this is it, it rates as something of a disappointment thus far: super storms, draught, earthquakes, wars and rumors of wars, economic and political chaos, Israel on the verge of annihilation, moral decay everywhere. Honestly, I was expecting a little better. Oh well.

I agree with you and Beth.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Who's reigning now?

Matt 28:18, 19

Colossians 1:13-20

The millennial reign is now!

The 1000 years I hold as symbolic. "1000" is representative of the full period of Christ reigning with his Church on earth and will end when he delivers the kingdom to God after He judges.

Examine the use of 1000 through the Psalms and prophets. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Where does it say the millennium would be a time of heaven on earth? Nowhere. Sorry to disappoint you but you shouldn't be because the real prize is the new earth.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where does it say the millennium would be a time of heaven on earth? Nowhere. Sorry to disappoint you but you shouldn't be because the real prize is the new earth.
True that the real prize is the new earth, but the Millennium will be a close second. For starters, satan will be restrained (Rev. 20:2-3). It will be a period when Jesus is here ruling from Jerusalem (Isa. 2:2-3). There will be no war (Isa. 2:4). Even the animal kingdom will be transformed (Isa. 11:6). Sure sounds like a much nicer period of time than what we're going through now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
o.k. here I go again picking apart your post, but you posted a lot of points so I don't want to ignore any of them.

Gee, if we're in the millennium now, then those who were beheaded by the beast should have been resurrected. (Rev 20)

They have been. You're one of them. The beheading is spiritual, and it happens when you are reborn in Christ. This is the first resurrection. Those who partake in the first resurrection do not have to fear the second death.

If we're in the millennium now, then all nations will be celebrating the Feast of Tabernacles in Jerusalem or else they will be punished. (Zech 14)

Most of Zech 14 is speaking of the new earth. Note the part about living waters flowing out of Jerusalem. No sunlight, no cold, no darkness. This matches the description of the new earth in Revelation 21.

In other words, this has nothing to do with the millennium.

If we're in the millennium now, then the people of the earth have beat their swords into plowshares, not learning war anymore.

This refers to the time of the new earth. Again, this has nothing to do with the millennium.

If we're in the millennium now, then Israel's land has increased from the Euphrates to the Mediterranean.

This is probably symbolic. If it's not symbolic then it will be pertaining to the time of the new earth.

If we're in the millennium now, then people will take firm hold of a Jew and say, "Let us go with you to Jerusalem, for we have heard the Lord is with you".

Again, nothing in all of Zechariah 8 says that this will take place during the millennium.

If we're in the millennium now, then the Kingdom has been restored to Israel.

Indeed it has. The kingdom of God is Israel. We are Israel.

Don't you know that Jesus has been given all authority and power? And don't you know that we have that same authority? If you have authority that means you are in charge and you reign as king. We are reigning with him now.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

If we're in the millennium now, then Ezekiel's temple is standing and the glory of God has come to it.

1. There will be no future temple with animal sacrifices as Jesus is the new temple.
2. The description of Ezekiel's temple says nothing about the millennium.
3. Ezekiel's temple is too large to fit on the current site.

It is clearly symbolic.

If we're in the millennium now, then those who only live to be 100 will be considered a mere youth.

Go back and read Isaiah 65. It is speaking of the new heaven and new earth!.

If we're in the millennium now, then every man has his own plot of land to tend.

I'm not sure where this comes from but I'm sure that the entire chapter says nothing about the millennium. I challenge you to prove me wrong. Not only that but it's probably symbolic.

If we're in the millennium now, then God's law has been written on the hearts of men and they strive to follow him.

His law has been written in our minds and on our hearts. It's called the new covenant. Jesus lives in us and since Jesus is the word of God, the word of God lives in us. That's exactly what it means when it says the law will be written in our minds and on our hearts.

Jeremiah 31 and Hebrews 8. Notice that part of the description of the new covenant says that God will forgive our wickedness and remember our sins no more. That only happens through Jesus. Jesus is the new covenant.

Some of the things you mention have actually already happened but you somehow didn't notice. Most of the things you mention however don't even have anything to do with the millennium at all.

If you have anything that actually mentions the millennium, or at least gives us a strong reason to assume it is speaking of the millennium, let me know.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True that the real prize is the new earth, but the Millennium will be a close second. For starters, satan will be restrained (Rev. 20:2-3). It will be a period when Jesus is here ruling from Jerusalem (Isa. 2:2-3). There will be no war (Isa. 2:4). Even the animal kingdom will be transformed (Isa. 11:6). Sure sounds like a much nicer period of time than what we're going through now.

Satan is restrained already because we have been given authority over him.

Luke 10:19
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you.

This means he can't harm us unless we allow him to. He is restrained.

The first five verses of Isaiah 2 refer to the building of God's kingdom during the millennium which is the time we are living in now. The "mountain" is symbolic for the kingdom. Many people from all nations are streaming to this mountain to walk in the ways of God. We call it Christianity and Jesus currently rules over this kingdom of Christianity.

Matthew 28:18
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.

If he has been given all authority then tell me, how can he not be reigning right now? Or are you like the Jews of 2,000 years ago who expected Jesus to reign with a physical sword and an earthly army?

As you rightly pointed out, the word of the Lord comes from Jerusalem. What you fail to understand is that we are Jerusalem. In Revelation 21 you will notice Jerusalem is dressed as a bride. Are we not the bride of Christ? Then we are also Jerusalem.

The animal kingdom you speak of in Isaiah 11 is all metaphoric. It is speaking of the growing of the kingdom of God (Christianity) which turns former enemies into brothers and sisters. He will not literally break the Euphrates into seven streams so people can walk across in sandals. It simply means that people from all over the world will unite in the kingdom of God.

You must learn to recognize symbolism. The Bible is overflowing with it.

Upvote 0

LastSeven

Amil
Site Supporter
Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
✟154,576.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, 5 uses of "spiritual" or "symbolic" in just one post. Are you by chance an accountant, used to writing things off? ( ;-)

clever. No, ironically the symbolism is supposed to make it easier for you to understand scripture, but I'm afraid most people read things literally.

Of course the natural human tendency, when you read something, is to interpret it literally so it's no surprise, but it really does change everything when you come at scripture with a symbolic mindset. You should try it.

Upvote 0

dysert

Feb 29, 2012
USA
✟112,984.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You must learn to recognize symbolism. The Bible is overflowing with it.
The Bible is also overflowing with things to be taken literally.

I think we'd both agree that the serious Bible student must be able to discern the difference between what's to be taken symbolically and what's to be taken literally, eh?
Of course the natural human tendency, when you read something, is to interpret it literally so it's no surprise, but it really does change everything when you come at scripture with a symbolic mindset. You should try it.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Upvote 0