Christians, have you ever been at this point in your faith before?

Karyn

Jul 22, 2019
Sa
✟7,912.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thankyou love the something happened to me now I can't get the demon to leave. I'm hate the thoughts but they pop up randomly always about our magnificent holy spirit and they are vile thoughts and I love holy spirit and God and Jesus and I don't understand why our Lord can let this happen. I was reading about the unforgivable sin also.

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Thankyou love the something happened to me now I can't get the demon to leave. I'm hate the thoughts but they pop up randomly always about our magnificent holy spirit and they are vile thoughts and I love holy spirit and God and Jesus and I don't understand why our Lord can let this happen. I was reading about tg
I don't think he does allow this to happen, but there are certainly situations where it feels like it. We can pray for you, but I don't think an Internet forum is going to be able to deal with this kind of problem. I urge you to talk with someone who is experienced at counselling. It sounds like it might be something like OCD. There is a forum here at CF for that, but I don't think even that forum will help as much as talking with someone in person.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm at a really big rough patch with my faith right now. I keep having OCD blasphemous thoughts, my faith keeps decreasing then in feasting then decreasing MY FAITH IS LIKE A CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER! :( and I keep fearing blasphemy and I also fear The Holy Spirit has left me and that my heart is hardening against Hod and Jesus because I'm having a hard time believing how Lord Jesus is my Saviour. Is this a trial from God? What makes me really worried is that I'm not that concerned but still seeking more faith just not concerned. I think I'm not concerned because Jesus said He would NEVER cast away anyone. I'm not taking advantage if that verse by sinning willfully but it has kept me calm but staying calm scares me because it feels like I don't care but I do. Have you been through a rough patch like this before?

Blasphemy is not a problem if it concerns you. Blasphemy is only a problem if you discard God and no longer care about blasphemy. As long as you are worried then you are affirming your belief that God exists. When you discard God and no longer are concerned about it, then you will not be worried. So your concern affirms your faith.

Upvote 0

1am3laine

Oct 9, 2017
Detroit
Visit site
✟68,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm at a really big rough patch with my faith right now. I keep having OCD blasphemous thoughts, my faith keeps decreasing then in feasting then decreasing MY FAITH IS LIKE A CRAZY ROLLERCOASTER! :( and I keep fearing blasphemy and I also fear The Holy Spirit has left me and that my heart is hardening against Hod and Jesus because I'm having a hard time believing how Lord Jesus is my Saviour. Is this a trial from God? What makes me really worried is that I'm not that concerned but still seeking more faith just not concerned. I think I'm not concerned because Jesus said He would NEVER cast away anyone. I'm not taking advantage if that verse by sinning willfully but it has kept me calm but staying calm scares me because it feels like I don't care but I do. Have you been through a rough patch like this before?

It's so many people in your same shoes. Worrying about the unpardonable sin.
You must pray MASSIVELY for those thoughts to go down and eventually go away.
Some people only takes days, others years but with GOD it can be accomplished.

Reading Psalms 18 at least 3 times daily will strengthen you.
Listen to worship music as you go to sleep at night.
Call prayer lines.
Get hands laid on you by Holy Spirit filled people.

You can overcome this.

Upvote 0