Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
A religious spirit such as the Pharisees had infects men who have no light, joy, love, or peace, and who wish to instill in others the bondage of walking in darkness, bereft of the loving relationship Jesus came to give us with the Father in heaven, through Him.
I'm listening to this worship playlist and it is so foreign to the religious spirit of the OP.
"Taste and see that the LORD is Good".
I couldn't understand what it was saying but it sounded beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

Rick Otto

The Dude Abides
Nov 19, 2002
On The Prairie
✟29,593.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
quote=brinny;Celebration is a GOOD thing.
No one has said it is not.
God is a God of celebration.
Nice bumpersticker but besider the point since celebration isn't being criticized.
How can we be any less? His joy becomes ours.
How can we ne any less focused on the OP? C'mon brinny, nobody is telling anyone not to do birthdays. Deal with the issues presented, not the bioogeymen & scarecrows that are beside the point.
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine" ~Proverbs 17:22
Not if your merriment obscures the view of a cliff you might be walking toward.
" the joy of the LORD is your strength." ~Nehemiah 8:10
The Lord is not on record as attending or approving of birthday parties.

Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0

DeaconDean

γέγονα χαλκὸς, κύμβαλον ἀλαλάζον
Jul 19, 2005
Gastonia N.C. (Piedmont of N.C.)
✟100,334.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know who started the tradition of celebrating birthdays, and I don't see nothing wrong with it my self.

But I do know today, October 20, 2011, 46 years ago, God gave a woman in my state the gift of a little girl.

21 years later I married her.

Today is her 46th birthday.

And I thank God he sent her into my life.

I love you from the bottm of my heart Mrs. DeaconDean, Happy 46th Birthday!

And thank God He sent you into my life!

God Bless

Till all are one.

Upvote 0

patience7

Oct 11, 2010
Louisiana
✟9,906.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I don't know who started the tradition of celebrating birthdays, and I don't see nothing wrong with it my self.

But I do know today, October 20, 2011, 46 years ago, God gave a woman in my state the gift of a little girl.

God Bless

Till all are one.

Love the post!! Happy Birthday, Mrs. DeaconDean!:clap:

I just don't get it! What's the big deal? What's wrong with celebrating birthdays? Am I a pagan because I celebrate birthdays? Am I a pagan because I'm happy I and my loved ones have made another year? Surely there are more important things to debate!?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

God Bless

Till all are one.

Happy Birthday to Mrs. DeaconDean! :clap:

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Bold accusation, totaly unsubstantiated & undeserved. Shame on you.
A religious spirit is opposed to the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and wants to hold dominion over and gate the entrance into salvation of other human beings with burdens that Jesus never lays on any of His sons.

"His Yoke is easy and His burden is light", but religious spirits add burdens that cannot be borne, and make rebels against God who do not want anything to do with such a monster who takes all Joy of living away, by their "taste not touch not" unbiblical doctrines.
Tomorrow, my husband and I celebrate -with joy and gratefulness to God our Savior- the completion of 48 years of marriage.
We have seven children and thank God for each of them and tell them so, esp on their birthday anniversaries.

Thank God we have freedom of thought and religion and that we can freely celebrate with our loved ones the anniversaries of happy events in our lives, for which we events we praise God.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,148.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

God Bless

Till all are one.
:amen::amen::amen::amen:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
No one has said it is not.

Nice bumpersticker but besider the point since celebration isn't being criticized.

How can we ne any less focused on the OP? C'mon brinny, nobody is telling anyone not to do birthdays. Deal with the issues presented, not the bioogeymen & scarecrows that are beside the point.

Not if your merriment obscures the view of a cliff you might be walking toward.

The Lord is not on record as attending or approving of birthday parties.

I LOVES birthdays!!!
14.gif

4.gif

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We celebrate the Lord's birth every year at Christmas. Unfortunately, we cannot know the very date of his birth from the Scriptures, but we nonetheless celebrate his birth.
The Scripture does tell us the date of His incarnation and so, the date of His birth nine months later. Haggai chapter 2; the 24th day of the ninth month was the date of incarnation, and the beginning of Tabernacles was exactly the human gestation period counted days to His birth, from then, and His circumcision was on that "Great Day", the eight day after Tabernacles began.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lanie_0913

In Christ, Forever...
Dec 21, 2009
Philippines
✟9,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where do you think birthdays originated?
&
Is it wrong for Christians to celebrate it?
Please, explain your view.

Peace.

I guess there's nothing wrong with remembering your date of birth... ;)

I think it's just a way for people to know and not forget how old they are... since we are counting using the Gregorian calendar. :)
If you celebrate you will usually remember the memories of the occasion. ;)

Instead of counting how many moons was it since my mon gave birth to me (which is actually a tedious job, I might be needing to hire a moon counter :p) I'd rather celebrate it in a yearly basis to help me remember! :D

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is that contempt? Yes they are, and that comes from Hosea 4:6.
And,
I don't know what we need for salvation, God knows that. All I know is that we should make every attempt to make it through the narrow door....
The narrow Door is Jesus on the cross, and we bow so low to go in, so to speak, and the fit is so exactly only large enough for admitting one repentant soul, with absolutely no baggage room, to get in, that we cannot cling to anything we hold dear, as earning entry, and get in.
That means the not celebrating birthdays is baggage that you must dump if you want to enter in, for if you think it adds anything to your salvation to not do it, then you won't get in. Do what you want, but never think you can add anything to your salvation by "taste not touch not" doctrines -that becomes demonic doctrines, when you do so.

Upvote 0

lanie_0913

In Christ, Forever...
Dec 21, 2009
Philippines
✟9,530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

God Bless

Till all are one.

:clap: Happy Birthday Mrs DeaconDean!
Oh it's also the birthday of the love of my life! ;)

Upvote 0

yeshuasavedme

Senior Veteran
May 31, 2004
✟97,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So your problem is the human being body, then, in general?
You fear that the pleasures God made for the race of Adam, whom He made male and female, are evil to enjoy?
I think you are very much mistaught by somebody, and I think the spirit behind the ideas you are espousing hates the human being body -period.

Do you know how many times the word rejoice is used by the Creator in Scripture?

Did you know that Adam is made in the very bodily image of God the Word? Did you know that our flesh body is made in the very image of the New Man human being body, which Christ not only put on at the incarnation, but is forever wearing, having taken it back up at His resurrection, and in that body He is sitting on His throne in heaven, glorified and in that body of flesh He is returning?

Romans 5:14 states that Adam [and we are all Adam, as to our kind] is made in the "tupos" -the very mirror image of Christ's human being body.

Revelation 19 certifies that He is returning in that same human being body in which He died =was baptized in death, in.

Rev 19:13 And he [was] clothed with a vesture/garment dipped/baptized in blood/death: and his name is called The Word of God.
Rom 5:14 Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure/image/tupos of him that was to come.
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his [own] image/tselem, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Jesus was striped for our body's healing, for its regeneration in His New Man human being flesh image.

Yes. Christians celebrate the gift of life each soul born into the world has, among their friends and relations, and they celebrate the birth of Christ come in flesh -even though some of them have the date wrong [it's at this time of year/Tabernacles]; they know its a really big event, and they celebrate it.

God ordained the celebration of birthdays, and He ordained the celebration of Jesus' incarnation and His birth.

Originally Posted by eachallberg
Where do you think birthdays originated?
...​
In the Book of Life, where our days are bounded by the beginning of them -conception, and birth- to the end of them, in this world.

The angels in heaven rejoice when we are conceived, and mark that day, and our own guardian angels are there when we are born and when we die -but its a sad day for them if we die without seeking the Light that lights every man who comes into the world, in the hopes that we may seek Him, and seeking, find Christ the Light.

Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night [in which] it was said, There is a man child conceived.

God sent a whole host of of angels out to celebrate the birth of Christ come in human being flesh of second creation, and they rejoiced in song at His birth

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
God ordained the celebration of birthdays, and He ordained the celebration of Jesus' incarnation and His birth.

In the Book of Life, where our days are bounded by the beginning of them -conception, and birth- to the end of them, in this world.

The angels in heaven rejoice when we are conceived, and mark that day, and our own guardian angels are there when we are born and when we die -but its a sad day for them if we die without seeking the Light that lights every man who comes into the world, in the hopes that we may seek Him, and seeking, find Christ the Light.

Job 3:3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night [in which] it was said, There is a man child conceived.

God sent a whole host of of angels out to celebrate the birth of Christ come in human being flesh of second creation, and they rejoiced in song at His birth

You are most edifying. God bless you.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

:thumbsup:
Are there any here who do not think their names are not written in the "Book of Life" :)

http://www.olivetree.com/cgi-bin/EnglishBible.htm

Young) Daniel 12:1 `And at that time stand up doth Michael, the great head, who is standing up for the sons of thy people, and there hath been a time of distress, such as hath not been since there hath been a nation till that time,
and at that time do thy people escape, every one who is found written in the scroll.

Young) Revelation 3:5 He who is overcoming--this one--shall be arrayed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the scroll of the life, and I will confess his name before my Father, and before His messengers.
Young) Revelation 21:27 and there may not at all enter into it any thing defiling and doing abomination, and a lie, but--those written in the scroll of the life of the Lamb.

Kindgdom Bible Studies Lambs Book of Life Part 1
*SNIP*
........ Now, what is meant by this term – THE BOOK OF THE LIFE OF THE LAMB? The wise man said, "...of the making of many books there is no end..." (Eccl. 12:12).

The book stores are filled to overflowing today with all types of books dealing with every aspect of earthly life. Even in the church world there are books setting forth every kind of viewpoint relating to God, the Bible, doctrine, Christian experience, and church order. However the subject material of most of these books largely contains a message of religious tradition and spiritual death.

Upvote 0