Christians are the most persecuted people in the world today

He is Risen 72

Colossians 2:14 The Law is nailed to the Cross!!
Sep 3, 2013
Michigan
✟27,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Just one example? Here's one:

An elderly person in a benign and folksy reality show was being interviewed by somebody in a totally different context that had zero to do with that reality show or the television channel that carried it. The elderly person was asked what he thought the Bible taught about homosexuality and he expressed his opinion as a Christian about what the Bible taught. Probably fewer than 1 of 1% of Americans even heard the comment whether or not they agreed with it.

Was the personality doing the show or his show attacked by those objecting to that interview? Nope. He wasn't a professed Christian. Instead, the angry mob organized a full scale attack on the television channel the man worked for and all its main advertisers with demands that the elderly person be fired. In addition he received hate mail including death threats and was ravaged on social media.

This kind of scenario is being repeated all too frequently in this country and probably others any time a prominent figure expresses a politically incorrect faith-based opinion or conducts business in the way he/she believes the Christian life demands.

Amen! Denying a person of their lively hood is persecution! There is more and more of it , usually hidden under the cover of “boycotts”.

Come Lord Jesus and cleanse this fallen world of the sinners that go against your Holy Word, AMEN!

• Agree
Reactions: Foxfyre
Upvote 0

Jeepneytravel

Feb 11, 2017
Asia Pacific
✟33,173.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can blame President Bush if it seems appropriate to do so, but I am pretty sure he had no intent to harm Christians then or now.

Also, as a Christian, I cannot justify evil just because mistakes are made or somebody is angry at policy or actions of others.

Christians were not being so systematically persecuted in the Middle East when President Bush was in office and he has been out of office now for more than eight years. And according to the OP only 1/3rd of systemic Christian persecution is in the Middle East, and I doubt not even the most fervent leftists would say that President Bush is implicated in any way with the other 2/3rds

Prior to Bush illegal war and invasion against Iraq Christians were protected by Saddam Hussein, along with all religions....Bush invasion fixed that and turned it into a hell hole for all religions....Bush a war criminal..yes I believe so!

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prior to Bush illegal war and invasion against Iraq Christians were protected by Saddam Hussein, along with all religions....Bush invasion fixed that and turned it into a hell hole for all religions....Bush a war criminal..yes I believe so!

Notwithstanding that this thread is not yet another 'blame Bush' or 'accuse Bush' or "trash Bush' thread, it is true that Christians, so long as they stayed out of politics and didn't make any trouble for Saddam, were left pretty much alone in Iraq. It is also true that Saddam ordered or allowed hundreds of thousands of people to be murdered, sometimes in the most unconscionably and cruel and terrible means possible, for no other offense than he didn't like them. And he had exported terror to other countries.
The World; How Many People Has Hussein Killed?

And it is equally true that Christian in Iraq are now being persecuted in many ways for no other reason than they are Christian.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It doesn't make the news much in the mainstream media, but Christians across the globe are in more danger in more places than maybe ever before since the days of the pre-Constantine Roman Empire.

Even here in the United States and other predominantly "Christian" nations where Christians are more free than in most places in the world, Christianity itself seems to be under siege by those who see it as an oppressive presence in an increasingly 'progressive' society.

What should our Christian response be to ideological, militant religious, and political pressures that make it more difficult and/or dangerous to be a Christian in the 21st Century?

. . .Christians continued to be the most persecuted group across the globe in 2016, according to a study.

The upcoming report from Italian-based Center for Studies on New Religions, determined that 90,000 Christians were killed for their beliefs worldwide last year and nearly a third were at the hands of Islamic extremists like ISIS. Others were killed by state and non-state persecution, including in places like North Korea.

“U.S. policy has not had a strategy for specifically addressing the persecution of Christians,” Ryan Mauro, national security analyst for the Clarion Project, told FoxNews.com “For example, very few people are even aware that Iraqi Christians began organizing to defend themselves and needed our help."

The study also found that as many as 600 million Christians were prevented from practicing their faith in 2016.

The findings continue a disturbing trend from the previous year in which Christians around the world endured horrific acts of persecution, including imprisonment and beheadings.

“These numbers underscore what we already know," Robert Nicholson of the Philos Project said to Foxnews.com."There are many places on earth where being a Christian is the most dangerous thing you can be. . .​
Christians the most persecuted group in world for second year: Study

How exactly are Christians persecuted in the United States?

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married

Nowhere near the extent that black people, homosexuals, atheists, Jews, Catholics, Irish and others have been persecuted in the USA mostly by Christians.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It shouldnt be too hard for you to tell me, examples of this persecution.

I already did as I said. If you don't want to read the thread, that is your prerogative. But I don't want to take the time to do for you what you should do for yourself if you want to know.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Motherofkittens

Jan 20, 2017
iowa
✟50,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It shouldnt be too hard for you to tell me, examples of this persecution.
People boycotting duck dynasty is what he thinks Christian persecution is in the USA. Really.

Upvote 0

Foxfyre

Site Supporter
May 1, 2017
New Mexico
✟233,566.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Congratulations!
I´m sure it means a lot to you.

That is the thread title based on the excerpt of the article I quoted in the OP. It cites as its source a study by the Center for Studies on New Religions, an Italian based group, who found Christians to be the most persecuted group for the second year in a row. I also asked a question in the same OP. Most who have posted in this thread pooh pooh persecution of Christians and seem to think it unimportant. I wonder if any of them actually read the OP?

What say you?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
That is the thread title based on the excerpt of the article I quoted in the OP. It cites as its source a study by the Center for Studies on New Religions, an Italian based group, who found Christians to be the most persecuted group for the second year in a row. I also asked a question in the same OP. Most who have posted in this thread pooh pooh persecution of Christians and seem to think it unimportant. I wonder if any of them actually read the OP?

What say you?
I pretty much agree with post #14.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

sickofallthelies

Oct 13, 2017
Huntsville
✟7,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Know this is a couple of months late, but...

Several ways. One way being such as North Carolina. They have a law that makes it flat out illegal to pray in ANY public place. So Christians cannot say grace before eating at a restaurant, even.

Another would be an example of people being arrested in California for simply reading a bible. Man Arrested for Reading Bible Aloud in California, What’s Up?

He was reading it out loud, true, and it may offend some, but it is not illegal. If anything that was offensive to people was illegal, well, it would be illegal for you to do anything. For somebody will ALWAYS find SOMETHING offensive.

So I have provided two quick examples you can check for yourself even if need be. Good day.

Upvote 0

sickofallthelies

Oct 13, 2017
Huntsville
✟7,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Not seeing a way to edit, sorry.

To expand on the offensive should not equal jail and the like, take flag burning. It seems a fair comparison, as both it and the man reading the bible are technically two sides of the freedom of speech (since it was ruled that it is considered a freedom of speech for the former). The man was arrested for doing nothing more than reading it, and people apparently found it offensive.

Now flag burning is also EXTREMELY offensive to many. Yet I cannot recall (and a quick search only shows a tweet saying it SHOULD be illegal) the last time a flag burner was arrested. If you are going to jail for being offensive, then jail the flag burners as well. If not, don't jail Christians for exercising their freedom of speech as the burners do.

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You are free to your interpretation of the law. The men were arrested for "impeding a business". The statute was in the post. We may choose to believe that it is legal to go into a place where folks have congregated and use the opportunity to read to them. For you, perhaps, it would have been OK for someone to have spouted off obscenities, read from a Muslim tract, or from a Mormon tract. It is NOT a matter of being offensive. If that were the issue (I suppose a court will decide), than the men could have said anything at all, except the obvious "fire" or similar.

As an aside, would it be OK if someone walked into your church and started reading to your congregation or youth group? Or, if not your church, how about starting reading Muslim propaganda to a youth group meeting?

Know this is a couple of months late, but...

Several ways. One way being such as North Carolina. They have a law that makes it flat out illegal to pray in ANY public place. So Christians cannot say grace before eating at a restaurant, even.

Another would be an example of people being arrested in California for simply reading a bible. Man Arrested for Reading Bible Aloud in California, What’s Up?

He was reading it out loud, true, and it may offend some, but it is not illegal. If anything that was offensive to people was illegal, well, it would be illegal for you to do anything. For somebody will ALWAYS find SOMETHING offensive.

So I have provided two quick examples you can check for yourself even if need be. Good day.

Upvote 0

sickofallthelies

Oct 13, 2017
Huntsville
✟7,703.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Impeding a business yet he was not, from the videos I saw, preventing people from going in. Yet on that same note, people are allowed to riot, block streets, and similar, and police are LITERALLY ordered to stand down and not do a thing. Is that right or just, then? For they are also impeding businesses and, instead of being arrested, are actually applauded by many.

On the note of somebody entering a church and reading another religion's, in most cases this is privately owned property, no? A DMV, being a governmental office, is open to public and not privately held, but governmentally held. So there is a difference; If the owner allows it, fine. Same as with, say, Walmart; If somebody stands in the greeting area of the privately owned building and shouts doomsday threats, but the managers allow it, fine, as long as he doesn't actually try to harm anybody.

I also note you didn't mention the laws I brought up preventing prayer in any public place, which goes against the first amendment stating that the government (and yes, this includes state even though it says Congress, as the fourteenth incorporated it) can neither encourage nor prohibit religions or people engaging in them (one can make the argument as well that since DMV is government-owned, they are technically again breaking the amendment by prohibiting it). Yet by making it illegal to pray, they are prohibiting people from engaging in their religion. Is this right in your view?

Are Christians as persecuted in America as elsewhere? No, not by a long shot, as has been proven; Middle East is the worst offender. Are they persecuted at all? Yes, many are, if we are to be 100% honest. As are Muslims, Atheists, Mormons, Jews, and every other religion.

Personally I believe there is good and bad in each group. And I do my best to judge (since I fail in the "Judge not", being human and all) based on one's character, not their beliefs or lack thereof. Yet when I see laws such as that passed, yes, it does anger me, particularly since, as I read, the North Carolina law mentioned, for example, actually explicitly states "Prayers in Jesus' name". So not prayers in any others, but specifically banning the words "Jesus Christ" from prayers that may be said in public.

You are free to your interpretation of the law. The men were arrested for "impeding a business". The statute was in the post. We may choose to believe that it is legal to go into a place where folks have congregated and use the opportunity to read to them. For you, perhaps, it would have been OK for someone to have spouted off obscenities, read from a Muslim tract, or from a Mormon tract. It is NOT a matter of being offensive. If that were the issue (I suppose a court will decide), than the men could have said anything at all, except the obvious "fire" or similar.

As an aside, would it be OK if someone walked into your church and started reading to your congregation or youth group? Or, if not your church, how about starting reading Muslim propaganda to a youth group meeting?

Upvote 0

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
As I said, you disagree with those who applied the law in the given case.

So, you've agreed that private companies can prevent free speech.

Your position is that we should be able to pray in any public building, ignoring all the laws that have been upheld to the contrary. For example, you would think that the paster and his buds could have come into a public library and read out loud to their heart's content and been protected by the first amendment. This simply isn't true.

We have a constitutional right to worship as we wish. You have h=interpreted this to mean that anyone of any religion can come in to a public place, interrupt the proceedings, and start a worship service or read from their scripture. There is a reason that we have a court system. It is there to rebut such nonsense, if a legislature should allow such conduct. This behavior is protected neither by the establishment clause nor by the free speech clause.
====
I agree that the amendments and protections have been expanded to include more than what is established by Congress. This has been made true especially of 1st, 4th, 14th, and now the 2nd amendment. Of course for strict constructionists of the constitution, these protections would only apply to laws passed by Congress.

QUOTE="sickofallthelies, post: 71873369, member: 403003"]Impeding a business yet he was not, from the videos I saw, preventing people from going in. Yet on that same note, people are allowed to riot, block streets, and similar, and police are LITERALLY ordered to stand down and not do a thing. Is that right or just, then? For they are also impeding businesses and, instead of being arrested, are actually applauded by many.

On the note of somebody entering a church and reading another religion's, in most cases this is privately owned property, no? A DMV, being a governmental office, is open to public and not privately held, but governmentally held. So there is a difference; If the owner allows it, fine. Same as with, say, Walmart; If somebody stands in the greeting area of the privately owned building and shouts doomsday threats, but the managers allow it, fine, as long as he doesn't actually try to harm anybody.

I also note you didn't mention the laws I brought up preventing prayer in any public place, which goes against the first amendment stating that the government (and yes, this includes state even though it says Congress, as the fourteenth incorporated it) can neither encourage nor prohibit religions or people engaging in them (one can make the argument as well that since DMV is government-owned, they are technically again breaking the amendment by prohibiting it). Yet by making it illegal to pray, they are prohibiting people from engaging in their religion. Is this right in your view?

Are Christians as persecuted in America as elsewhere? No, not by a long shot, as has been proven; Middle East is the worst offender. Are they persecuted at all? Yes, many are, if we are to be 100% honest. As are Muslims, Atheists, Mormons, Jews, and every other religion.

Personally I believe there is good and bad in each group. And I do my best to judge (since I fail in the "Judge not", being human and all) based on one's character, not their beliefs or lack thereof. Yet when I see laws such as that passed, yes, it does anger me, particularly since, as I read, the North Carolina law mentioned, for example, actually explicitly states "Prayers in Jesus' name". So not prayers in any others, but specifically banning the words "Jesus Christ" from prayers that may be said in public.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0