Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
...What are your thoughts? Is Christianity the only way to God? Why or why not? Which other religions are valid or which Christian denominations are valid or invalid and why?

I believe Jesus is the only way. And this means, Jesus is the one who lets people in or out. And he has said eternal life is for righteous. It may be that person who has not yet heard of Jesus, can still be counted righteous and is allowed to go to eternal life.

These will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Mat. 25:46

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

For as many as have sinned without law will also perish without the law. As many as have sinned under the law will be judged by the law. For it isn't the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law will be justified (for when Gentiles who don't have the law do by nature the things of the law, these, not having the law, are a law to themselves, in that they show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience testifying with them, and their thoughts among themselves accusing or else excusing them) in the day when God will judge the secrets of men, according to my gospel, by Jesus Christ.
Romans 2:12-16

Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0

QvQ

Aug 18, 2019
AZ
✟101,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
A Proposition: God has an objective reality the same as gravity and there are laws, same as gravity. The nature and rules of God and gravity have been the studied and the results have been published. I discern gravity but I rely on Newton to articulate and structure the nature and the rules. So when I discerned the abiding presence of God, I researched all the studies and books I could find. The most accurate and useful match I could find for what I felt was the Abiding Presence of God is the Bible, the Gospels specifically and I further narrowed it to Calvin, except Calvin is a man, a layman if you will and subject to errors in his opinions. It is a different approach but it is valid in my experience. God is the Truth and the Gospels are the Word of God.

Upvote 0

marineimaging

Texas Baptist now living in Colorado
Jul 14, 2014
Ward, Colorado
Visit site
✟90,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I give my thoughts in the following article on the challenging question of whether Christianity is the only way to God:

Christianity: the only way to God?

In case it seems like an easy question to which you want to jump to a simple no or a straight yes, just think about how you differentiate cults and the many many denominations that exist due to doctrinal differences.

What are your thoughts? Is Christianity the only way to God? Why or why not? Which other religions are valid or which Christian denominations are valid or invalid and why?
If being Christian is NOT the only way to eternal salvation, then Christ was crucified and hung on the cross and suffered and shed His perfect blood for no reason.

Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The "many many denominations that exist due to doctrinal differences" are of course a violation of the clearly stated will of Jesus Christ concerning His followers, which was and still is "that they all may be ONE, even as I and My heavenly Father are ONE". He knew that truth can exist only in unity, because truth cannot contradict truth, and contradictory beliefs/teachings therefore always mean false beliefs/teachings. Which is why He founded ONE Church, said it was to remain ONE, and promised that ONE Church "The Holy Spirit will guide you into all truth", and "Whatsoever you bind upon Earth is bound in Heaven", and "He who hears you hears Me". He didn't want confusion and false beliefs among His followers. And there weren't any for 15 centuries. Then one proud man thought He could do a better job of interpreting the Bible than the Church that compiled the Bible from its own writings under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. So he defected from God's Church and started a church of his own, based on "the Bible alone". Before he died there were half a dozen other Protestant churches started by individuals who abandoned His Church because they didn't agree with his biblical interpretations. The doctrinal chaos of Protestantism had begun. Today there are over 6,000 registered Protestant denominations, each claiming to teach from "the Bible alone", yet the teaching of each one contradicting the teaching of the others. And that doesn't even include the 20,000+ so-called "non-denominational" Protestant churches. Meanwhile the ONE Church Jesus founded remains one in belief, one in teaching, one in worship, one in biblical understanding throughout the world after 2,000 years. You just can't beat God's plan.

Upvote 0

GraceBro

Eternally Forgiven, Alive, and Secure.
Dec 24, 2017
Central Coast
Visit site
✟102,774.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I give my thoughts in the following article on the challenging question of whether Christianity is the only way to God:

In case it seems like an easy question to which you want to jump to a simple no or a straight yes, just think about how you differentiate cults and the many many denominations that exist due to doctrinal differences.

What are your thoughts? Is Christianity the only way to God? Why or why not? Which other religions are valid or which Christian denominations are valid or invalid and why?
Christianity isn't the only way to God; Jesus is.
"I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." John 14:6

"And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

• Agree
Reactions: marineimaging
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟369,679.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Which other religions are valid or which Christian denominations are valid or invalid and why?
Why he assumption that other religions are valid? Other religions are all contrary, Hinduism says there were lots of god's, Buddhism says there is no God, Islam says there is one God but you Must follow Islam.
All these major on doing works/rituals etc

Christianity says we cannot earn or deserve a relationship with God, we have to receive, humbly, by faith the salvation Jesus has gained for us.
Denominations do not matter, if the teach salvation through faith in Jesus they are Christian.

Upvote 0

misput

JimD
Sep 5, 2018
Pacific, Mo.
✟152,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

The words you use to ask your question have little to nothing to do with whether or not a person is trying to follow his creator who lives in him (at least in the beginning). Most folks have a very restricted view of what it means to follow Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Loversofjesus_2018

Nov 13, 2018
West coast
✟32,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The foundation of Christianity, anything that calls itself Christian, is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

One must believe the Holy Bible is the inspired Word of God. If not, you cannot believe in Christianity at all.

No one can convince man of this, only the Holy Spirit.
Can’t someone believe in God without believing the Bible is from God? A lot of times people say they don’t trust the Bible because it was written by humans.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,600.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced

Christianity is not the only way to God. Jesus is the only way to God. Any religion or denomination that adds to, or takes away from, the finished work of Lord Jesus ("The great salvation), is false and should be rejected.

Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single

the only way to God is through Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums