Christianity Made Easy

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
OK, sry for not replying soon
That's okay. You don't visit CF very often, so I don't expect instant replies.

since Christianity is the conclusion of Judaism
It is? How do you know that?

the only logical conclusion is that christianity is the only true religion. (very short form of course of the full explanation)
I would be very interested in the full explanation of why I should agree with you that Christianity is the only true religion.

Upvote 0

Arthra

Baha'i
Feb 20, 2004
California
Visit site
✟71,812.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Responding to Luna's post above..even though posted a few months ago....

Some of the issues Luna raised seem to imply that Christians are united about their response to homosexuality when it is far from the case at least if you follow the news.

Peace on earth and a universal family of brotherhood and sisterhood would seem to be prerequisites for the Kingdom of God on earth "as it is in heaven".

It also seems to me that for Christians the Kingdom of God is about a community and implied is a "Kingdom" or social order that is not all just about feeling warm and fuzzy inside:

Paul has some things to say about it:

Gal 5:21Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told [you] in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Eph 5:5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.

So there seems to be implied if you take Paul's epistles a modicum of social order and community about the Kingdom of God.

- Art

Upvote 0

djbcrawford

Jun 2, 2006
Norn Iron
✟15,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Christians persist in telling my that God wants me to give up the Baha'i Faith. I will give them every opportunity to convince me that God agrees with them.

Christianity teaches that we should love God with all our heart and soul and mind and our neighbour as ourself. They only way to God is to believe in his Son and accept his offer of salvation. As for giving up the Baha'i faith, that would depend whether it supported this or rejected this basic Christian truth.

I would like to answer this, however. For centuries, Christians have not lived up to those beautiful principles. In fact, much of what Jesus taught is thought to be stupid. Do we turn the other cheek? In Europe, two or three hundred years ago, if you were insulted, you slapped your critic across the face. The socially accepted response to that slap was to fight a duel - which is the exact opposite of what Jesus said we are supposed to do. Turning the other cheek was viewed as cowardice.

Bad examples of Christians do not disprove Christianity. Besides, why assume everyone in Europe is a Christian in the real sense of the word (personal decision) as opposed to the political/geographic sense.

I only accepted Christianity (and other religions) as being from God because Baha'u'llah's teachings about it made sense to me. Before that I rejected any possibility of revelation, prophets and scripture.

Accepting Christianity is from God is not the same as saying it is the truth. How much of it is true, how much of it is untrue and how much is misunderstood? All religions cannot be the truth as they contadict eachother. So parts must be lies or misunderstandings. Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". Is this the truth, a lie or a misunderstanding?

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Is there any chance we could move discussions of my personal beliefs to the Non-Christian Religions section, as Kamtre requested?

The only way to God is to believe in his Son and accept his offer of salvation.
Okay. How can I be sure you are correct about this? There are other religions that teach different things.

As for giving up the Baha'i faith, that would depend whether it supported this or rejected this basic Christian truth.
Who says?

Bad examples of Christians do not disprove Christianity.
I'm talking about Christianity's ability to influence culture on a wide scale. If Christians practiced turning the other cheek, wouldn't slapping someone to challenge them to a duel never have existed?

All religions cannot be the truth as they contadict eachother. So parts must be lies or misunderstandings.
Okay, what about Judaism and Christianity? They disagree on some points. Which parts of the Bible are lies or misunderstandings?

Jesus said "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me". Is this the truth, a lie or a misunderstanding?
First, what is the equivalent Baha'i teaching? In my opinion, we cannot determine which doctrines are truth, lies, or misunderstandings until we have given BOTH sides a fair and equal hearing.

Upvote 0

Kamtre

Kamtre, Agent of Light
Jun 22, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
✟8,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Is there any chance

Okay. How can I be sure you are correct about this? There are other religions that teach different things.

--OK, as I said before, the only logical religion to believe in is christianity. All other religions have been created by man. Judaism was created by God. God then completed Judaism in christianity.

I'm talking about Christianity's ability to influence culture on a wide scale. If Christians practiced turning the other cheek, wouldn't slapping someone to challenge them to a duel never have existed?

--BTW alot of ppl don't know this, but turning the other cheek is a Jewish Cliche, said in reference to insults. The paraphrase in context would be something like "when someone insults you, don't let your anger take over, turn the other cheek, and ignore the insults"
Jesus didn't make this up, he just quoted the popular cliche of the time. Thus, we can comclude that God isn't against paying people back for the wrongs they have done, as long as the deeds aren't done in malice.. hope that makes sense

Okay, what about Judaism and Christianity? They disagree on some points. Which parts of the Bible are lies or misunderstandings?
--The entire bible is true. The jews, however only believe the old testament. The covenent, which is the main point of the old testament is based on the jews making substitutionary sacrifices, to symbolically cover their sins in God's eyes. in the new testament is the new covenent, which is Jesus making the final and total sacrifice to wash our sins symbolically from our souls. that doesn't mean we are sinless, but that God sees us without sin because of jesus' sacrifice..

OK, class is over XD gotta go.. hope my explanation helps a bit.. I don't get on often but I'll try and reply as often as I can.

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
All other religions have been created by man.
Please quote Baha'i Scripture to support this. Does Baha'u'llah teach His religion is created by man or inspired by God?

If Christians practiced turning the other cheek, wouldn't slapping someone to challenge them to a duel never have existed?

Kamtre said:
alot of ppl don't know this, but turning the other cheek is a Jewish Cliche, said in reference to insults. The paraphrase in context would be something like "when someone insults you, don't let your anger take over, turn the other cheek, and ignore the insults"
Jesus didn't make this up, he just quoted the popular cliche of the time. Thus, we can comclude that God isn't against paying people back for the wrongs they have done, as long as the deeds aren't done in malice.. hope that makes sense
It makes no sense at all because it doesn't address my question. If Christians practiced turning the other cheek would dueling never have existed? Yes or no?

I'll try and reply as often as I can.
Reply to what? Are you going to answer my questions or preach irrelevant sermons?

Upvote 0

djbcrawford

Jun 2, 2006
Norn Iron
✟15,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal

But didn't you say that the Baha'i faith accepted Christianity? Does it or doesn't it?

Can you name some Christians who have fought duels? Did you think that every Christian who was slapped fought a duel? Wasn't duelling refined to the upper classes or were peasants fighting it out with shovels at every insult?

Old testament, new testament - clues in the name. The Old Testament is a mixture of history, prophesies and docrine relating to Judiasm (pre-Christ). The New Testament gives four accounts of the story of Christ along with a little history and various letters to the new Churches containing advice and instructions on how the put the new faith into practice. Simply put, the conditions changed with Christ's birth, life, death and ressurrection.

First, what is the equivalent Baha'i teaching? In my opinion, we cannot determine which doctrines are truth, lies, or misunderstandings until we have given BOTH sides a fair and equal hearing.

Well, unless you tell me, I won't know. You said that the Baha'i faith accepted Christianity was from God as were certain other religions. Therefore it must have an opinion on the statement Christ made regarding "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father accept through me" as this would appear to contradict it's view that there are ways to God that don't involve Christ, even from religions that actively denounce Christ.

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
djbcrawford, I thought the purpose of the "Questions by Non-Christians" section was for you to answer MY questions.

Christians have been evading my questions for many years. The Baha'is answered them. That's why I am a Baha'i today.

I have some questions. Would you like to try to answer them?

Upvote 0

Kamtre

Kamtre, Agent of Light
Jun 22, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
✟8,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
How can you claim to be Catholic if you believe that you only have to say "I accept Jesus"?
Lol, because I am a born-again catholic.. I've only recently become catholic, and have always been non-denominational.. but have just adopted the title of catholic.. Catholocism has been what I've looked for all these years.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

djbcrawford

Jun 2, 2006
Norn Iron
✟15,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal
djbcrawford, I thought the purpose of the "Questions by Non-Christians" section was for you to answer MY questions.

Christians have been evading my questions for many years. The Baha'is answered them. That's why I am a Baha'i today.

I have some questions. Would you like to try to answer them?

Your question was why would God want you to give up the Baha'i faith. We can give you reasons from the bible and from what Christianity teaches for why you need to believe in and follow Christ, but if you don't believe in the bible or Christianity it is pointless.

You say Baha'i teaches Christianity is from God, but then refuse to elaborate when Christianity contradicts what Baha'i teaches. You say Baha'i has answered your questions but don't say what questions it has answered.

Most of the above debate seems to have been.

Us: Christainity says A, B, C.
You: Baha'i teaches that's wrong.
Us: Well, what does it teach?
You: I'm not telling you. I'm not here to discuss the Baha'i faith.

If you don't explain your reasons properly, we cannot debate with you. It's a little bit like a lawyer standing up in court and claiming he has evidence that clears his client, but then refusing to say what it is.

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Your question was why would God want you to give up the Baha'i faith. We can give you reasons from the bible and from what Christianity teaches for why you need to believe in and follow Christ, but if you don't believe in the bible or Christianity it is pointless.

You say Baha'i teaches Christianity is from God, but then refuse to elaborate when Christianity contradicts what Baha'i teaches. You say Baha'i has answered your questions but don't say what questions it has answered.

Most of the above debate seems to have been.

Us: Christainity says A, B, C.
You: Baha'i teaches that's wrong.
Us: Well, what does it teach?
You: I'm not telling you. I'm not here to discuss the Baha'i faith.

If you don't explain your reasons properly, we cannot debate with you. It's a little bit like a lawyer standing up in court and claiming he has evidence that clears his client, but then refusing to say what it is.
Kamtre has clearly stated I am not to discuss the Baha'i Faith on this thread. If you want to convert me to Christianity, come over to the "non-Christian religions" section.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

djbcrawford

Jun 2, 2006
Norn Iron
✟15,527.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Kamtre has clearly stated I am not to discuss the Baha'i Faith on this thread. If you want to convert me to Christianity, come over to the "non-Christian religions" section.

Sometimes the moderation is a bit of a pain. I only log on occasionally and usually just check if there's any replies to posts I've made or look at the latest posts. Dunno how many times I've just picked one and typed a reply to have it rejected because I don't have access to post in that group or have responded with something only to be told I'm not allowed to say that particular thing in that particular thread.

Sometimes this place is just too big...

Just noticed your little smiley thing is sick, hope you feel better soon.

Upvote 0

I_are_sceptical

Senior Veteran
May 21, 2004
✟19,271.00
Faith
Other Religion
Sometimes the moderation is a bit of a pain. I only log on occasionally and usually just check if there's any replies to posts I've made or look at the latest posts. Dunno how many times I've just picked one and typed a reply to have it rejected because I don't have access to post in that group or have responded with something only to be told I'm not allowed to say that particular thing in that particular thread.
Okay.

Just noticed your little smiley thing is sick, hope you feel better soon.
Thank you. I'm fine now.

I selected that a couple of years ago and never changed it. Mostly I'm not aware of it's existence when I read my own posts.

Upvote 0

HELENz

Love is the meaning to the world
Jun 4, 2007
Canton, Ohio
✟8,991.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thank you for this post! This was a very well-written essay. For me it was very easy to understand. I especially enjoyed the part about the Trinity being described as a triangle. That was a very simple explanation that makes a lot of sense!

Upvote 0