Calgary, Alberta
✟8,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hey all... I go to a Christian school and I had to write a paper for bible class on salvation, and I think it's really good, so I'm going to share it:

“You’re going to hell if you do that one more time, Billy!”, “Repent, for the time of Jesus is near.”, “Die in my place and you will go to heaven.”, and “Drink this Kool-Aid and we’ll all go to heaven together.” Are all phrases we’ve heard or heard about these days… but what is THE TRUTH? We’ve heard about the cults, religions, and beliefs, but which one is the true one? How do we REALLY get to heaven? Do we have to EARN it? Is it given by a person, or given by god, or achieved by your-self, or is there a heaven at all? These are many things people wonder about these days, and, well thinking about it, people have asked these questions through the millenniums, but read further, and you’ll find out everything you need to know in order to get to heaven.

First things first, have you ever sinned? Ever told a ‘Little White Lie’? Ever swiped that candy bar from the corner store? Ever lied? Ever wanted something so much you stole it? Ever even killed anyone? The list of possible sins goes on and on, but the simple truth is: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). And here’s an even simpler truth: “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). So what can you do about this? You’ve got yourself into death row, by simply stealing that quarter from little Jimmy. How fair is that? COME ON! But wait! There’s more! Along with this death sentence comes the offer of forgiveness! Yes it’s true! Don’t put this down and walk away, assuming this is one of those religious gimmicks for money or something, because it’s the total opposite. Here’s one more basic truth: “But God demonstrates his own love for us, for in that time we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

So, that’s the truth. You’ve sinned and you were stuck on an island separated from the mainland (God) but Jesus dove in and swam the ocean just for you so that you could come with him to this kingdom of God (Heaven). Now here’s something about Jesus you’ve probably been wondering who Jesus is. Now you’re likely familiar with His name, but only use it when you stub your toe, but here are the facts (and Jesus’ life) in a nutshell.

He was, is, and always will be a part of the trinity, the trinity consists of God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, each is part of God, yet there is only one God, the best way to explain it is a triangle. There are three corners, but there’s still only one triangle, the concept is impossible for humans to comprehend, but here’s the point. Jesus was part of God, and decided it was time to save mankind from its sin. He came to earth as a baby in a virgin (Mary) and had a childhood teaching in the temple, and most of the teachers listened to him, because he told with such authority, and he explained the scriptures with such detail, and why not? He was one of the people who inspired it! And when he turned thirty, he started ministering to thousands upon thousands of people (by the way, all the while he never sinned even once, because he was God, and God is perfect and has the ability to not sin). So finally the Pharisees, who were the people that taught in the temples got really angry, because Jesus always proved that the things they made the people do were wrong, and that the legalism (getting into heaven through doing good things) they taught was also wrong. Here's another bit of info, many people back then were illiterate, they couldn’t read any of the scriptures (the bible) that had been written by other people in the past inspired by God, so the Pharisees took advantage of that fact (because they were among the few people who could read) and told the people stuff that gave advantages to them politically and monetarily. So they eventually crucified Jesus, and blamed him of things he had never done, but then Jesus was resurrected and walked around earth and appeared to his disciples, and also performed many more miracles, then finally went back to heaven. Because Jesus never sinned, but was killed for sinning, he broke the old system, now all people have to do is: “Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10). Really? Is it that simple? Sure! Why not? God agreed to let Jesus swim out and rescue you from the island! All you have to do is call for him! “For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13)

So, you’ve done your part, but what happens now? What does God do? The bible says: “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And he himself is the sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world (1 John 2:1-2)”. It also says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 john 1:9-10). So it really is that simple!

So, now (after completing above steps) you are a Christian, congratulations. But what exactly does being a Christian involve? Well, Jesus said it best in Matthew 28: 18-20: “all authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the father, of the son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” So that’s what you should do, Jesus saved you from the island, and took you back, and taught you how to swim, now why not go back and save others from the island?

So now all you do is help others to be rescued, and you don’t even have to do that, but, once you are a Christian, you don’t have to do anything to keep it, but it is a good idea to help others become Christians and its great to do good things too, but all the stuff you can do cannot save you from hell. Remember the only thing that can save you from hell is faith in Jesus. No amount of self-punishment, meditation, baptism, worship, sacrifice, or chanting will save you. Well there’s my spiel, take it or leave it, but if you want to accept Jesus and officially become a Christian (and don’t know how to pray, or don’t know what to say) pray this prayer: Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness. I believe that your only Son, Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin. Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved. Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus, transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself. Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. Amen.

Well that's it, but if anybody became a christian because of this essay, please PM me, Thanks.
I also expanded on the basics on why christianity works in relation to judaism, and other stuff, you cna find it at http://www.christianforums.com/t2561550-christianty-how-does-it-work.html

Reactions: Kateena

L.A.W.

Feb 28, 2005
✟7,866.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Very nice paper.
No man, religion, nor the world for that matter can save you. Only through surrending, repenting, and receiving Yahushua (Jesus) into your heart-life that you will be forgivened and saved. Seek for the Kingdom of Heaven before all else. Make your reservation in Heaven this very moment. Commit yourself to Yahushua.

Upvote 0

Leg

Mar 9, 2005
Ohio
✟7,612.00
Faith
Taoist
Marital Status
Single
Hey, I'd like to say this is a really good and helpful essay! I'm really glad you posted it. :cool:

It seems to make a bit more sense out of Christianity to me now.

I have one thing I am not sure about, tho...which of Jesus's "swims" showed people the way?

1) the time he first swam from God over here to be born
2) when he died (and swam to god)
3) when he swam back here
4) then he swam back to god, for the final time

I'm guessing 3, right? when he came back to earth after his death?

One more question I got...if I can believe that Jesus came back from death and walked the earth again...what else do I have to believe to be able to consider myself Christian? Or is that enough?

Upvote 0

Kamtre

Kamtre, Agent of Light
Jun 22, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
✟8,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Leg said:
Hey, I'd like to say this is a really good and helpful essay! I'm really glad you posted it. :cool:

It seems to make a bit more sense out of Christianity to me now.

I have one thing I am not sure about, tho...which of Jesus's "swims" showed people the way?

1) the time he first swam from God over here to be born
2) when he died (and swam to god)
3) when he swam back here
4) then he swam back to god, for the final time

I'm guessing 3, right? when he came back to earth after his death?

One more question I got...if I can believe that Jesus came back from death and walked the earth again...what else do I have to believe to be able to consider myself Christian? Or is that enough?

Lol, I guess i never thot someone would ask that, but I was meaning Jesus' coming to earth in general, it really counts for 1-3, because he preached the message of salvation (pleading to us to understand his proposal) and his dying was the first stage of the finalization of his saving of man, his coming alive again was the 2nd stage, and when he rose, he conquered death, and thus we can acept the gift and be saved. It's great that u wanna know how to become a christian, well really all you need to do is confess that you aren't perfect, and admit to God that you need help, and cannot get to heaven by yourself. Then you just beleive in Jesus' dying and rising again. sorry to say, but there's no light that appears or any dramatic change (usually) but you are now saved from sin. hope that helps, if it doesn't PM me, or e-mail me at Kamtre@hotmail.com cya

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dllewis1958

Oct 15, 2004
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Kamtre,

Very good paper, I enjoyed reading it. I was wondering if it would be alright for me to copy/print it. I am a youth director at my church and I would love to have my young people read it. We had our first meeting last Saturday and most of them have never, ever been in church before.

Great Job!!!!

Diane

Upvote 0

Kamtre

Kamtre, Agent of Light
Jun 22, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
✟8,264.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Actually, I'd be honored if anybody chose to do that. I encourage anoybody to print it out and share it with anybody they want to. May God bless anybody's endeavors by opening people's hearts while they are listening/reading it. I do ask, however that anybody that does plan to share it will PM me or something so I can pray for them:)

Kamtre

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

rabadash111

Apr 20, 2005
✟128.00
Faith
Non-Denom
If you can't except that stealing,killing, and lying are wrong then you cant read the Bble. Also, the Bible goes even further then that and says someone who does those things will not be excepted into heaven. Many people like to overlook that however. Galatians 5: 19-21 says : "Now the works of the flesh are evident,which are: adultery,fornication,uncleannsess, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Im not trying to get anyone mad, but I just dont see how you could say you beleive the Bible and yet state that stealing, lying, and murdering is not wrong.

Upvote 0

dllewis1958

Oct 15, 2004
Michigan
✟7,917.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
rabadash111 said:
If you can't except that stealing,killing, and lying are wrong then you cant read the Bble. Also, the Bible goes even further then that and says someone who does those things will not be excepted into heaven. Many people like to overlook that however. Galatians 5: 19-21 says : "Now the works of the flesh are evident,which are: adultery,fornication,uncleannsess, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God." Im not trying to get anyone mad, but I just dont see how you could say you beleive the Bible and yet state that stealing, lying, and murdering is not wrong.

Where exactly is it saying that Stealing, Lying and Murdering is not wrong? I have read this over and over and I do not see this? Explain exactly so that we can explore this.The beginning of the second paragraph starts off with Have you ever sinner? Ever told a "Little white lie? ect..is that what you are referring to? Please read it again..These are just examples of sins and if you read you will see that reference is made that All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, ect...so then it goes on to say that Christ died for us..You ask for forgiveness of your sins and then it goes on to say what your next steps are to live a Christian life..

You are not making anyone mad...this is a good thing that you post this..but let's just make sure that you are reading it correctly..so please read it again and if you still feel the same way then just say where it is that you are reading this because I just do not see it.

God Bless

Upvote 0

coolgirlie4Jesus

Apr 21, 2005
California
✟873.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Kamtre said:
Hey all... I go to a Christian school and I had to write a paper for bible class on salvation, and I think it's really good, so I'm going to share it:

“You’re going to hell if you do that one more time, Billy!”, “Repent, for the time of Jesus is near.”, “Die in my place and you will go to heaven.”, and “Drink this Kool-Aid and we’ll all go to heaven together.” Are all phrases we’ve heard or heard about these days… but what is THE TRUTH? We’ve heard about the cults, religions, and beliefs, but which one is the true one? How do we REALLY get to heaven? Do we have to EARN it? Is it given by a person, or given by god, or achieved by your-self, or is there a heaven at all? These are many things people wonder about these days, and, well thinking about it, people have asked these questions through the millenniums, but read further, and you’ll find out everything you need to know in order to get to heaven.

First things first, have you ever sinned? Ever told a ‘Little White Lie’? Ever swiped that candy bar from the corner store? Ever lied? Ever wanted something so much you stole it? Ever even killed anyone? The list of possible sins goes on and on, but the simple truth is: All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God (Romans 3:23). And here’s an even simpler truth: “The wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:23). So what can you do about this? You’ve got yourself into death row, by simply stealing that quarter from little Jimmy. How fair is that? COME ON! But wait! There’s more! Along with this death sentence comes the offer of forgiveness! Yes it’s true! Don’t put this down and walk away, assuming this is one of those religious gimmicks for money or something, because it’s the total opposite. Here’s one more basic truth: “But God demonstrates his own love for us, for in that time we were still sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:8).

So, that’s the truth. You’ve sinned and you were stuck on an island separated from the mainland (God) but Jesus dove in and swam the ocean just for you so that you could come with him to this kingdom of God (Heaven). Now here’s something about Jesus you’ve probably been wondering who Jesus is. Now you’re likely familiar with His name, but only use it when you stub your toe, but here are the facts (and Jesus’ life) in a nutshell.

He was, is, and always will be a part of the trinity, the trinity consists of God the father, God the son, and God the Holy Spirit, each is part of God, yet there is only one God, the best way to explain it is a triangle. There are three corners, but there’s still only one triangle, the concept is impossible for humans to comprehend, but here’s the point. Jesus was part of God, and decided it was time to save mankind from its sin. He came to earth as a baby in a virgin (Mary) and had a childhood teaching in the temple, and most of the teachers listened to him, because he told with such authority, and he explained the scriptures with such detail, and why not? He was one of the people who inspired it! And when he turned thirty, he started ministering to thousands upon thousands of people (by the way, all the while he never sinned even once, because he was God, and God is perfect and has the ability to not sin). So finally the Pharisees, who were the people that taught in the temples got really angry, because Jesus always proved that the things they made the people do were wrong, and that the legalism (getting into heaven through doing good things) they taught was also wrong. Here's another bit of info, many people back then were illiterate, they couldn’t read any of the scriptures (the bible) that had been written by other people in the past inspired by God, so the Pharisees took advantage of that fact (because they were among the few people who could read) and told the people stuff that gave advantages to them politically and monetarily. So they eventually crucified Jesus, and blamed him of things he had never done, but then Jesus was resurrected and walked around earth and appeared to his disciples, and also performed many more miracles, then finally went back to heaven. Because Jesus never sinned, but was killed for sinning, he broke the old system, now all people have to do is: “Confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised him from the dead, you will be saved.” (Romans 10:9-10). Really? Is it that simple? Sure! Why not? God agreed to let Jesus swim out and rescue you from the island! All you have to do is call for him! “For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved (Romans 10:13)

So, you’ve done your part, but what happens now? What does God do? The bible says: “My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin. And if anyone sins, we have an advocate with the father, Jesus Christ the righteous. And he himself is the sacrifice for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world (1 John 2:1-2)”. It also says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and will forgive us our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 john 1:9-10). So it really is that simple!

So, now (after completing above steps) you are a Christian, congratulations. But what exactly does being a Christian involve? Well, Jesus said it best in Matthew 28: 18-20: “all authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the father, of the son, and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” So that’s what you should do, Jesus saved you from the island, and took you back, and taught you how to swim, now why not go back and save others from the island?

So now all you do is help others to be rescued, and you don’t even have to do that, but, once you are a Christian, you don’t have to do anything to keep it, but it is a good idea to help others become Christians and its great to do good things too, but all the stuff you can do cannot save you from hell. Remember the only thing that can save you from hell is faith in Jesus. No amount of self-punishment, meditation, baptism, worship, sacrifice, or chanting will save you. Well there’s my spiel, take it or leave it, but if you want to accept Jesus and officially become a Christian (and don’t know how to pray, or don’t know what to say) pray this prayer: Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness. I believe that your only Son, Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin. Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved. Thank you Jesus for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus, transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself. Thank you Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life. Amen.

Well that's it, but if anybody became a christian because of this essay, please PM me, Thanks

You dont get it this is not for me

Upvote 0

rabadash111

Apr 20, 2005
✟128.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Where exactly is it saying that Stealing, Lying and Murdering is not wrong? I have read this over and over and I do not see this? Explain exactly so that we can explore this.The beginning of the second paragraph starts off with Have you ever sinner? Ever told a "Little white lie? ect..is that what you are referring to? Please read it again..These are just examples of sins and if you read you will see that reference is made that All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God, ect...so then it goes on to say that Christ died for us..You ask for forgiveness of your sins and then it goes on to say what your next steps are to live a Christian life..

You are not making anyone mad...this is a good thing that you post this..but let's just make sure that you are reading it correctly..so please read it again and if you still feel the same way then just say where it is that you are reading this because I just do not see it.

God Bless
Lol sorry I didnt explain myself better. I wasnt talking about the essay. I was talking about a remark made by BloodandHonor which said that he stopped reading the essay because it said those things were wrong. Lol I was trying to defend the essay not speak against it lol. Sorry my mistake lol.

Upvote 0