Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,135.00
Faith
Atheist
When it comes to discovering the truth
Buddhists use mediation. Nothing I would advice, but just pointing to another kind of "tool". I discovered truth when I repented and gave my whole life to God, so that was my "tool".
How did you decide that what you discovered was truth?

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to be pulling at you. But HOW did you know? How did you evaluate that the "pain" had anything to do with a god?

It's hard to give an accurate picture. I was different, changed, cleansed inside. How do I know it was God's doing? Well, I experienced that God forgave me. Could my experience have been wrong? I knew I was born again, saved. It was a knowing, not from reasoning, but like you know you have washed your feet. It is highly unlikely someone else can save you but God, who else could?

Is it possible what I experienced was something natural, like a psychosis or hallucination? Well, I'm still changed so I quess I'm still in the psychosis then, now 11 years later. :D

But I quess to know is to be very, very certain. If we are to really get down to it I may even be a robot from Mars. I "know" I'm not, but it really means I trust my experiences and validations. I'm very, very certain.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tinker Grey

Wanderer
Supporter
Feb 6, 2002
Erewhon
Visit site
✟923,135.00
Faith
Atheist
It's hard to give an accurate picture. I was different, changed, cleansed inside. How do I know it was God's doing? Well, I experienced that God forgave me. Could my experience have been wrong? I knew I was born again, saved. It was a knowing, not from reasoning, but like you know you have washed your feet. It is highly unlikely someone else can save you but God, who else could?

Is it possible what I experienced was something natural, like a psychosis or hallucination? Well, I'm still changed so I quess I'm still in the psychosis then, now 11 years later. :D

But I quess to know is to be very, very certain. If we are to really get down to it I may even be a robot from Mars. I "know" I'm not, but it really means I trust my experiences and validations. I'm very, very certain.
People have transformative experiences. Not all trace them to a god. Obviously, I would contend that you had a transformative experience that anyone might have had, you called it being saved, and attributed it to God.

I don't say that to talk you out of it. I'm happy for you that it was good thing.

[edit: grammar]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,896,428.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
People have transformative experiences. Not all trace them to a god. Obviously, I would contend that you had a transformative experience that anyone might have had, you called it being saved, and attributed it to God.

I don't say that to talk you out of it. I happy for you that it was good thing.
We pray for your transformation as well. It's our duty, our desire, and our privilege to do so.

Upvote 0

zoidar

loves Jesus the Christ! ✝️
Supporter
Sep 18, 2010
✟877,129.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

I don't say that to talk you out of it. I'm happy for you that it was good thing.

[edit: grammar]

I was into New Age and Buddhism for 10 years. I had "transformative" experiences during this time. The difference is when I met Christ all I had experienced before meant nothing. I had never before experienced being forgiven sins, I didn't even know that could happen. But when it did happen it was like I said a knowing of being, and been forgiven.

But, thanks for not trying to persuade me of becoming an atheist! :)

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
What will people do when you finally tell them and finally convince all of them that "this" is "all there is", etc...?

Because I think you should ponder that question very, very much greatly before what you say you are doing, or are trying to do, is a much more very good, and much more morally upright thing, etc...?

But and/or besides that, this is not "all there is" also, etc, because you are so very wrong on that, on so very many levels, that I don't think I even know where to begin, etc, or end, etc...

I'll just throw just one, "just one", out there for now, etc...

Just consider the great vastness and size of just all of this for one, etc, and you think this tiny little level of life is all there is in it, etc...? Because you're so very wrong, so very "dead wrong", etc...

But many people have probably already told you this, along with very, very many other points still, but you still just refuse to listen or refuse to even hear, etc...

And I think the real truth is just that you have some kind of prejudice bias, etc... That your perception has been colored or tainted by very many things that it just should not be at all tainted by, etc...

But back to my main point for a minute, etc...

Do you really think humankind is "inherently good", etc, or "more good than bad", etc...? Because I 100% guarantee you, that if you succeed in your little quest to convince absolutely all of them that this is just simply absolutely all there is, etc, then your also going to find out, very, very quickly after that, just how wrong you are, or just how much you are very, very, very much "in very great and dire error" on this point, etc...

If enough people become 100% totally and completely convinced that this is "all there is", etc, then they are all going to try to get away with just as much bad and wrong and evil they can, just so as long as they can get away with it, etc, "period", etc, "end of story", "game over", etc, and "game over" for "all of us" at that point, etc...

So how is it that you can say you're doing a very much more good or very much more right, or righteous, or more "moral" thing, etc...

Now I'm not asking people to believe a lie, but I just know that, from your perspective, and a very very limited perspective I might add, you do think it is a lie, etc, and you cannot be convinced otherwise, etc, for many have tried, and tried hard, but failed, etc...

People will never be right or good just for the sake of it, ever, etc, they need a higher and greater motivation for that, etc, like the belief in, or a belief in an afterlife, etc, where good is rewarded, and bad is punished, or meets with some pretty dire consequences, etc...

Now there is such an existence, and actually is such a place, etc, but I'm not arguing that right now here, etc, and I've already told you mainly "why", etc, because it pretty pointless and is wasted effort/energy with your type/kind, etc, because really, you've already made you mind up and are already convinced, and I don't think anyone is going to be able to change that here, etc...

But, my main point here is how everybody will all be doing as much evil as they can get away with that is in, or will be in their hearts at that point, once you convince all of them, etc, and yet you think that is a much more moral thing to do or be doing, or will lead to much more moral things in the end, etc...?

And I wondering just what kind of dumb/stupidity is making you think that really, etc...?

And like I said, I don't think any of you are being 100% totally neutral or totally objective either, and have some kind of deep seated personal issues and/or biases in your life that are causing you to be prejudice against any idea of any kind of afterlife, or anything beyond any of "just this", etc, or any kind of idea of any kind of "God/god/gods", or any kind of an afterlife, etc...

That your perception has been colored or tainted by very many things that it just should not be at all tainted by, etc...

Anyway...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟952,487.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Your all destroying yourselves, Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, or "What-ever-the-blank" (and you can "fill in the blank", etc) alike, etc, and I'm about to just sit back and just say "let the world burn", etc, and just watch it do so, etc...

Turn my back and just walk away from all of you, leave you to your fates, etc...

Pull up a chair and just watch the show, etc...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums