Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟866,112.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I don't think any Christian past or present would encourage or condone using entheogens. We all have a normal, default state of mind with which to perceive reality, and altering that state of mind is leaving yourself open to self-deception, especially because the experiences can feel so real. Even with alcohol, you know a drunk man perceives that his jokes and antics are really funny, but sober people around him know they're not.

And a related joke about perception:

Q: What did the hippie say when he ran out of pot?
A: Man, this music sucks.

Upvote 0

drich0150

Mar 16, 2008
Florida
✟44,834.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Satan resides in the spiritual world, so yes drugs can indeed be spiritual. Just know once you enter into the spirit realm you do not have control as to who may seek you out.

Also we are told in Eph 5 to not get drunk on wine but to be "filled" or (Drunk in some translations) with the Spirit. This is about the closest we get to dealing with drugs specifically. The Idea is not to give control of your mind and faculties to a substance, but to the Holy Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

Christos Anesti

Oct 25, 2009
Michigan
✟20,114.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Can psychedelic experiences have spiritual value?

Possibly, but they rarely seem to have POSITIVE spiritual value. Certainly psychedelics can be fun and can even lead to strange and thought provoking experiences but from my observation and personal experience they really don't help us become better more loving people. The first few times you use psychedelics you may very well get the feeling that it's all so "spiritual" and "meaningful" but generally if you continue using them you realize that it's not really as profound as you once thought it was.

Upvote 0

Spoonbill

Feb 25, 2010
✟285.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What psychedelic drugs (DMT in particular) have proven, is that all these "near death experiences", filled with angels and bright lights and "oneness with God", are completely fake and produced by your pineal gland pumping out DMT just before death.

I find it hillarious there are people who still think this is a "mystical experience" or even more so, proof of an afterlife.

Upvote 0
Apr 11, 2010
✟15,203.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Haha theres a lot of opinions flying around!

Post #7 is spot on. Some of the earlier trips can really seriously influence your life though.

Basically theres a whole lot of people out there looking for "more". The devil loves that, people can be very deep and spiritual and in touch with their god, while completely missing THE God who's been staring them in the face so long they can't see Him anymore (if theyre constantly thinking on the last trip)

RULE: If its not a tool of Jesus then it's a tool of the enemy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

berachah

Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Christians we are called to have control over our minds and resist demonic temptation. Drugs weaken our resolve and make a more receptive to the 4th dimension.

Anyone that engages with practise should be aware of these implications besides the other obvious, negative side effects of drug taking.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟866,112.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm sorry if this is all a bit too sarcastic, but i always get amused when people talk about drugs who have never done them...

I always get amused by presumptuous people. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

berachah

Jesus Christ is Lord of heaven and earth
Site Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Sydney, Australia
Visit site
✟53,247.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry if this is all a bit too sarcastic, but i always get amused when people talk about drugs who have never done them....

And you know me then.....?

Loki said:
"Drugs are evvviiiilllll"... right. So if you believe in God, why do you think he created the cannabis plant? Is this like the tree of knowledge thing? Here is a planet that will get you high... but don't touch it! You may get high and start thinking profound thoughts about reality.

Castor oil is very useful, but the beans contain a highly toxic substance which can kill you. Using your logic, let us consume the beans anyway because God made it.

I have yet to hear any profound logic coming from anyone under the influence of 'dope' (including myself) Speaking of which, and judging by your comments, you probably have the "munchies" round about now....

Upvote 0

Spoonbill

Feb 25, 2010
✟285.00
Faith
Pantheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
And you know me then.....?

Castor oil is very useful, but the beans contain a highly toxic substance which can kill you. Using your logic, let us consume the beans anyway because God made it.

I have yet to hear any profound logic coming from anyone under the influence of 'dope' (including myself) Speaking of which, and judging by your comments, you probably have the "munchies" round about now....

Pointless statment. Cannabis is not toxic. Far from it in fact.

Upvote 0